• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Netherlands Will No Longer Sell Cannabis to Tourists

LSDMDMA&9786944 said:
what does not legalizing bud have to do with heroin purity?

i do believe that if a country has legal weed no heroin is needed by most people...
of course there will always be some who want it and there's nothing that anyone can do to change that.
prohibition has never worked. All that happens is that crime syndicates get richer and richer and take over the country, i.e. as in USA which claims is run by president and congress etc. but it's really run by the CIA which is the government's own crime syndicate.
or look at Mexico. no explanation needed there.
people boycott the dutch christian democrat government, holiday in Bolivia instead, now that's a good democracy there.

they might've said shrooms were banned but as of last summer the magic mushroom was still in business and going strong

Oh really? 8)

I visit 2x per yr or more (going back to `94) and the mushrooms are gone, they did have sclerotia for sale along with mushroom grow kits but fresh mushrooms are gone.

Even had my Dutch friends check for fresh mushrooms and they all said the same- "None for safe anymore"
-------
You may ask WTF are sclerotia?
http://www.ignatzmice.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15235&hilit=sclerotia

I've heard this a few times over the years yet never seen anything actually come of it. I've been to Amsterdam quite a few times and have to say that it's a really cool city in general aside from the weed and whores. As far as that goes though, where it's probably the best place to travel to to smoke weed(Prague as well, just not quite as easy to get it there if you don't know anybody), there are far better places for sex tourism.

^ Yeah, Germany and Spain do have legal brothels. And Spain is really cool for the weed'n hash.

i keep reading people saying good luck with losing all that tourist money...well they will have a new source of income because they will start inforcing their laws and arresting and fineing people..

people either dont realize or just dont know, but marijuana is and has alwasy been illegal in the amsterdam. the police and the government just tolerated the use as long as you wernt walking down the streets smoking blunts..now that they are banning the use to all noncitizens they will most likely start cracking down and handing out fines or arrests and you know what that means..money out of out pockets cause they wilol tell you pay the 500$ fine or spend 30days in jail like they do in mexico

no matter what law you break in mexico, short of murder, they just say you pay a fine right now or you can sit in jail for 30days and well no one wantes to go to a mixican jail so they pay whatever amount they are told and move on..id be willing to bet the netherlands will do the same..they catch forigners with weed and take you to jail and say pay a "$X" amount or sit in jail for "X"amount of days...

so what are you gonna do? hire a lawyer to fight your case in a land 8000miles from home, with no clue how long it will; take or how much money it will cost you? or pay some fine and be out in 45minutes?...so now you where planning on spending 150$ on weed while you wher there and not only did you spend that money you now have to pay maybe 2or3times that to stay out of jail

im sure they will lose lots of money because they cant sell to tourists but they will still be raking it in with the fines they collect by busting the tourists who still go there to smoke...but that will only be shortlived cause if they start fining people and shit like that, of course the intraworld would find out almost instanty and people will then finally stop going if they start handing out fines..sure prostitution is still legal but why travel half way around the world for pussy if you can go to vegas where its legal and do the same shit with just as much if not more drugs, no 10hour flight needed, no messed up sleeping schedule cause you took a ocuple xanax and slept the whole flight butwhen you got there its 10at night and your wired and so much more

^ No way, they wont' put people in jails. What jails, lol? The Netherlands would become the second most prison populated country in the world, lol.

yeah the jail statement is ridiculous. they aint gonna put people in jail and for as fines go they will let so many people off.. you think the dutch give a fuck ? i was in amsterdam 2 weeks ago. People were smoking in most of the alleyways (after the coffee shops had closed) and i got under the counter mushrooms which i didnt even have to ask for.. they are chillers

prostitution is still legal tho ? *books flight*

;-)

only with a full, half-inch thick suit of plastic [full body condom] worn by both parties. The Powers have deemed full on sex-for-sale too euphoric for legal existence. It's either the full-body condom or you have your head cast in cement while you orgasm, and breathe through tiny holes the rest of your life, the only sounds coming from your rock-head groans of misery... this is just a safeguard againt unregulated euphoria and satisfaction, meant for your own protection of course. If too much euphoria and free will is exhibited by the collective earthen population, the Old Gods will be awakened and usurp our human leaders here on this planet we call home.

holland has and will be one of the greatest gonja meccas of the world. this will not slow down the movement as it has and will be moving forward in the future... but this will hurt the economy as Amsterdam has relied on tourism for a traditional money maker. its funny though that when i was a teenager my goal in life was to go to Amsterdam and visit the coffee shops and enjoy the atmosphere, but now that the american medical marijuana movement has evolved so fast in the past 10 years that it doesnt seem like i have to fulfill that dream anymore... i can just go down the street and pick 10 different kinds of cannabis and enjoy. i might be contradicting myself. maybe, in the last 10 years, amsterdam has already seen a drop in tourism because of the changed minds of the new cannabis connaisseur's of todays generation. good luck amsterdam

^ i would go for cannibus cup but thats about it..im not flying to europe to smoke weed when i can go up to BC and visit coffee shops..

im not saying they will put people in jail but that is an option and thats all you need to scare people straight...either A) you go sit in jail for the weekend or B) pay a fine and go on your way....most people will choose to pay the fine and thats it..i

its the same thing they do here in america if you get pulled over with no proof of license or insurance..well it might be illinois who is like this but it still proves the point...if you get stopped in illinois and dont have your license on you they ticket you but also make you post $120 because you dont have the license for them to take..now this happened to me a ouple months back and i had a state ID on me and the cop wouldnt accept it. so he had me follow him to the station and i had to have my brother run up $100 bucks or i would have to sit the night in jail and see the judge in the morning. the cop said the license has a face value of $200 and thats why they take your license when you get pulled over, when you dont have your license on you and get stopped the cop has nothing to take from you so thats why you gotta post the money..of course i got it back cause i had a license but it was a hassle that day.

and that was the point i was tryin to make..i wasnt saying they are gonna arrest you in amsterdam but they could and thats good enough for people to just pay the fine and move on when they get busted

I'd say the dutch have to get rid of their ridiculous govt... that's all, same as germany.
plus legal brothels are a problem in USA and Europe?
had no idea... holiday in australia folks, it's all pretty legal here, i.e. there's this house (plus many many others) in brisbane queensland (which is otherwise a dull place) where ya half an hour of real sex for 120 bucks, and they're all asian beauties... no full body condom here just regular ones)... but I'm not going there any more the last one called me "fat"

and afterwards, hire a car (quite cheap) for 3 days and relax in sunny friendly nimbin, it's only 2 hrs drive from Bris. Smoke the best cannabis here until it comes out of your ears...

thats bull snitch ... they called you fat . i would complain to the pimp with you on that one neptunian

and afterwards, hire a car (quite cheap) for 3 days and relax in sunny friendly nimbin, it's only 2 hrs drive from Bris. Smoke the best cannabis here until it comes out of your ears...

sounds like heaven! de best smoke eh... . i havent heard much of the down-under smoke, you say beautifull. what strains are goin round down theres. maybe strains that came from amsterdam itself?

there's been loads of different attempts at this over the years and it never sticks. besides how easy is it to get other drugs over there? whether there legal or not!

It won't happen. At least in Amsterdam.

In The Netherlands, the political and practical decisions are taken at the local level. Amsterdam already told they will never accept that. Case closed.