• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Extracting Desoxyn

RacemicMic

Greenlighter
Have a scrip for 5mg brand Desoxyn, 60 a month. Also a scrip for 60 15mg Dexadrine a month.

Like to insufflate the Desoxyn occasionally for the quick uptake and to boost the Dex. But don't like to snort all the talc, sugar, etc.

Tried various CWE methods on the net. Dissolved 15-20 crushed pills in a small mix of warm everclear and distilled h2o (less than half a shot glass), mix it together and stick it in the fridge. Take a syringe and siphon off the water, put it in a pyrex and slowly heat until it dries, then scrap off the sediment. Best it seems to get 30-40% volume reduction. A lot of sediment seems to hang in the water after it's removed from fridge.

Maybe this guy's doing it wrong. Does anyone have a step by step process unique to Desoxyn? Should he use acetone?

This is my first post. I know some people will say, "Just eat it," but he wants to snort (or even smoke). Fast action is the desired outcome. Any advice would be appreciated.

do what i did with ritalin, dissolve in warm water the crushed tablets, filter through a seive with kitchen roll, then dry in a dish. you may just have to cope with the sugars in the pill. dont really see why they are a problem if you are snorting.

if you want to remove the sugars glucose for one is not soluble in acetone so an acetone wash might not do that much to remove it. as for other binders soluble in both acetone and water, i'm not sure

Amphetamine salts are going to be poorly soluble in acetone. They are soluble in water and alcohols, however.

To be honest, the best way of extracting these on a small scale (not grams and grams of stuff with 80% yield) is probably to powder the pills, mix with absolute or 95% ethanol (Everclear dried over magnesium sulphate is good) and centrifuge them, then filter or decant off the broth and concentrate it down again.

Other methods you could consider: column chromatography, crystallization, just eating it...

For a purification by crystallization of any of the HCL salts of [methamp]s, I'd suggest a two solvent system with methanol and methylethylketone. This tends to occlude a slight amount of solvent so keep your crystal size small and grind and dry the result. Both these solvents are easily available if you know where to look.

I wouldn't suggest ethanol or acetone as they tend to easily collect H2O; this can happen unexpectedly and when it does, their solvency power will greatly increase, redissolving your crystals. Be careful as methanol is toxic; don't get it on you or breathe the fumes.

Read a lab handbook about two-solvent purification by crystallization. Fascinating stuff.

What is a "sieve with a kitchen roll" I have the same question about Desoxyn...

I have a script for Desoxyn as well, and I've always wondered how to make it into a crystal form, just out of curiosity and seeing it for myself. I've never seen street meth in person.

Other than that, I have no use for making it into crystal. Smoking, snorting, injecting, sound to junky"ish" for my liking, I'll stick to oral dosing.

Did you get prescribe to Dexoyn in thelast few months due to the big stimulant shortages;

Acid/base extraction is probably the easiest.

Or just buy some crystal meth.

Fucking D.E.A. needs to be exterminated!

But I can't help, but to not feel bad for the people who "need" it. No one "needs" Meth/Amps to be productive. Sure AD(H)D sucks, but to be so reliant on such a substance is sad IMO. I take it only when I feel it could be useful. That's how I see Meth/Amps, as an occasional tool.

I can't imagine being a slave to these drugs.

Just my 2¢.

You're using desoxyn (methamphetamine) to "boost" dexedrine (regular run-of-the-mill bored house-wife dextro-amphetamine)??????? 8(

Are you sure its not the other way around?

You're using desoxyn (methamphetamine) to "boost" dexedrine (regular run-of-the-mill bored house-wife dextro-amphetamine)??????? 8(

Are you sure its not the other way around?

Desoxyn in low doses is a weak STIMULANT so-to-speak due to it's negligible action on NE, there is a vast different between 100 mg of crystal and 10 mg desoxyn, most patients have found desoxyn to be relaxing and not as stimulating as dexedrine in ultra-low doses.

Desoxyn in low doses is a weak STIMULANT so-to-speak due to it's negligible action on NE, there is a vast different between 100 mg of crystal and 10 mg desoxyn, most patients have found desoxyn to be relaxing and not as stimulating as dexedrine in ultra-low doses.
I thought that since desoxyn is pure pharmaceutical grade meth, it can be like 10x more potent than a lot of street-grade crank (maybe not glass, but the sketchy back-alley mystery-powder type stuff)

I thought that since desoxyn is pure pharmaceutical grade meth, it can be like 10x more potent than a lot of street-grade crank (maybe not glass, but the sketchy back-alley mystery-powder type stuff)

Glass is extremely pure actually, probably at least 80-90% Yes, of course the powder stuff is lower grade. The thing here is that desoxyn doses are much lower than street doses, if you took 10 desoxyn tablets yes you'd get pretty high. Another thing is that some people report desoxyn being so pure is less stimulating, perhaps the minor impurities in glass have peripherally stimulating properties and give it more of a tweaking feel.

I was under the impression that methamphetamine produced via the phenylacetone route (likely in Mexico or other countries) will be racemic D,L-meth (most domestic meth is d-meth produced via reduction of (pseudo)ephedrine I'd wager) and it is preferred in many circles due to the "smoother" experience.

Desoxyn is D-meth.

L-meth is almost entirely peripheral. Its sold over the counter in "vicks nasal inhalers" as a decongestant in stores all across the globe, including the US.
Although having some L-meth in the mix will produce more physical side effects and perhaps more of a "tweak" feeling, the main CNS stimulation is all in the D-Amph...

I used to be under the impression that you couldn't get euphoria from amphetamines unless you had a panic/anxiety attack while it was kicking in, so that the adrenaline release and subsequent endorphin release would synergize with a reversed reuptake at the DA/NE transporters and 5-HT transporters -- producing sort of a blissful contentment. Having a levo isomer in the mix would definitely aid in producing a panic attack.

The activity of the racemate is not necessarily reflected in the sum of the assayed enantiopure components. To further complicate the matter are the various ratios that can exist during clandestine synthesis, and possibly 'cross-contamination' of P2P and ephedrine derived meth by street level distributors......

As to extraction of d-meth from tablets; don't count on a end result to look like 'crystals'....

Although having some L-meth in the mix will produce more physical side effects and perhaps more of a "tweak" feeling, the main CNS stimulation is all in the D-Amph...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if I recall correctly d-amphetamine & l-amphetamine are more similar in their "central" activity, it is d-methamphetamine that is more "centrally" eurphoric/stimulating (dopaminergic over adrenergic, as I understand it) than its equivalent isomer l-methamphetamine, not so much l-amphetamine.

hey so does anyone have a guide for how to extract the methamphetamine from desoxyn 5mg pills? What do I need, lye? anhydrous isopropyl?

I say you find another way, it is difficult to remove all the binders/fillers, take desoxyn orally if you want to, street crystal is extremely pure after an acetone wash, and d-meth is made very easily. Also, there are people who legitimately need desoxyn in low oral doses for medical reasons, the more attention people draw to it the harsher DEA laws will get, and given it's not even under patent, it could easily be taken off the market if enough people are abusing it, since ADHDers have adderall/ritalin available. If you're still adamant, google acid/base extraction and learn it.