• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pet Peeves v. u mad?

Kenickie

Bluelight Crew
this thread is for pet peeves (aka minor complaints) for the purpose of discussion. as it is written in the *UPDATED July 2010* Second Opinion Forum Guidelines absolutely no long-winded ranting or venting will be tolerated. we want tight, succinctly written peeves. and as always, please be kind!

Last edited:
I dislike when mods close threads because they reached 1000+ and don't post the link to the new one. :p

i think the english language is a beautiful thing so i hate to see poor spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage.

on top of the obvious errors people make (e.g. they're , there, their) it's always shocking to see how many people don't know how to use an apostrophe. even more bizarre, i'll see people write something like "the mods on this site are nazi's - they close posts all the time."

i can understand that some people just have no idea what an apostrophe is for but how could anybody think - incorrectly - that "nazi's" needs an apostrophe but then use "mods" and "posts" correctly?

:\

alasdair

I'm the same way with grammar. The language is one of the few things us humans have yet to destroy, at least officially. We'll see in ten years when authors will get away with using "txtspeak" in published works. I'm guilty of the occasional slip-up now and then, but for the most part I put the extra time and effort into assuring all of my words are spelled correctly. Cassadaga spelling champ 7 weeks running. :)

People who think that there's nothing better than owning a pit bull.

We get it. You're a fucking badass. Nothing original about you.

Move along.

this heat is making some of my garden wilt. i'm not sure that all of my plants (which had been doing great) will survive.

You were right. My compulsion to bitch overrode my distaste for searching out the new thread, so here goes: It quite annoys me when people on Facebook post what they're eating. Unless it's a kickass new rc, or human flesh, I give a crap not! I find it particularly irritating when they post a picture of their plate. Posting lyrics to songs they didn't write is also pretty damn lame. The food is definitely the worst, though.

i think the english language is a beautiful thing so i hate to see poor spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage.

on top of the obvious errors people make (e.g. they're , there, their) it's always shocking to see how many people don't know how to use an apostrophe. even more bizarre, i'll see people write something like "the mods on this site are nazi's - they close posts all the time."

i can understand that some people just have no idea what an apostrophe is for but how could anybody think - incorrectly - that "nazi's" needs an apostrophe but then use "mods" and "posts" correctly?

alasdair

Your lack of capitals makes my dick hard.

I Object. Capitals Are An Essential Part Of The Language.

i think it looks better.

i concur. :)

pet peeve, let's see... when people don't take responsibility for their own happiness or base their self-worth on the sympathy they receive from others. i'm here for anyone that wants to talk that's going through a tough time but if complaining about the injustices you've been dealt is all you're willing to do, i can only take so much! :!

alasdair

I agree! On here, while I find it irksome (I guess I just don't get the logic some people apply to using apostrophes when the word is a plural. I have to stop myself from replying with *to use your example* "nazi's what?" ;)). What really grinds my gears is when I see it on store signs - mango's, tomato's, Friday's. For example:

An example of perfectly acceptable graffiti:

6780_109041597510_679907510_2759540_1442847_n.jpg

=D

My peeve today is Melbourne drivers. I know i'm generalising here, however it seems to be common practice to continue driving through an intersection even when they can see that in doing so, they'll block it, subsequently causing the other flow of traffic to stop. I can't begin to explain how annoying this is, and makes me rage out in the car. I haven't experienced this in Brisbane so much, or Sydney, but down here, bloody hell. :|

People chewing super loudly with their mouth open. Chomp slursh chomp blurhsgh chomp.

Its not the mouth open so much as the huge fucking horse teeth wet noises.

i bought a kindle book earlier via the web. i went to check to see if i had a gift card balance left and then had to log in...but i didn't have to log in to actually buy something? fuck that.

chronic mispronouncers, lazy texters, and dirty plates left on the counter next to the dishwasher.

People who tell me to call them back in half an hour and then a) do not answer or b) answer and tell me to call them back in half an hour again.

Either fucking make good on your word, b) tell me the actual time you need before I call back or c) tell me to call you tomorrow.

The sound of people cracking their bones is really jarring to me....especially when people crack their necks or their spines....I always feel like they're one wrong move from accidentally killing themselves. But mainly, the sound itself is just really unsettling to me.

It's bugging me that the name Nike isn't in the title somewhere.
/peeving

The sound of people cracking their bones is really jarring to me....especially when people crack their necks or their spines....I always feel like they're one wrong move from accidentally killing themselves. But mainly, the sound itself is just really unsettling to me.

Oh man, this post just gave me the urge to crack my knuckles. Even the sheer reminder of it (for example, seeing someone else crack their knuckles) makes me want to do it. :eek: