• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pet Peeves v. u mad?

There is a guy in my apartment complex who has apparently decided that the area right in front of my living room window is the best place to have his really heated conversations. Of course, he's always yelling and cursing at the person on the other side of the phone, so I am afraid of opening the door and telling him to go away/shut up. :\

people that drive without their lights on when raining/dark out.

people that don't turn their lights on when driving when I flash my high-beams at them.

Hmmm, I see your point, but it's not like Spanish or Chinese, it's shorthand. And, yeah, my mom was a sarcastic grammar Nazi, but learning English grammar was one of the few good things that happened in my 3 miserable years of junior high. I love the words. It helps to know how to phrase things properly so you say what you mean. Our choice of expression is the way we tell people who we are. So, okay, we adopt this as a new form expression, but it'll never replace the written language.

There is a guy in my apartment complex who has apparently decided that the area right in front of my living room window is the best place to have his really heated conversations. Of course, he's always yelling and cursing at the person on the other side of the phone, so I am afraid of opening the door and telling him to go away/shut up. :\

My old Appartment was on a walk-way bridging two streets: one with a nightclub and the other; hosting many, late-night Bars. My Bedroom was on the second Floor, facing the Walk-way.
Drunken couples would take to Fighting, having Loud Sex and random shouting sessions-Right outside under my window for some reason-Many is the night I filled a kettle(not boiled but I was tempted!) with water and flung it out the window on top of them.
%)

Attorneys who are unflinchingly idealistic when you want them to let the killer instinct take over.

How on some message boards and comment sections, there will always be a huge argument between annoying teenagers and pretentious adults who live in their moms basement about how so-and-so is a moron because he used the wrong form of you're (or made some other grammar mistake). It doesn't matter if you are a brilliant nuclear physicist who just created an equation that proves God isn't real; if some lonely reject points out that you used the incorrect form of a word in your post/comment, he is 142535 times smarter than you! I scrutinize my spelling and grammar for my college assignments; not doing so on an internet message board isn't going to turn me into sum1 wh0 alwaiz ritez n txt spk! It's like thinking that you always need to act like you are in an upscale 5 star restaurant even when you are at McDonalds.

My pet peeve is me. I nearly yelled at the woman on the phone who told me (for the third time) that I DID NOT have an airplane reservation. I didn't believe her. I asked for her manager because I was annoyed by her bitchiness and adamant that I had a reservation. :| I re-read the damn email and realized I'm an idiot. I apologized to both. I need more meditation.

People who call me chief, boss, pal, sport, or any variation thereof.

Television ads that have a phone or text ring in them. Even when it sounds nothing like my own phone I still make a double take each time they are on. :(

People eating with their mouth open, sick f**ks. Makes me boak, how hard is it to eat with your mouth god damn closed !

misspelling the word, "ad" as in advertisement. Many people spell it "add".
Most spelling errors and grammar mistakes do not bother me. That one does.

People driving slow in the left lane.

Trolls and crazy people/stalkers/outers/haters.

Cops that give me tickets for bullshit. Where are they when the crazies are driving, or the car polluting the air so bad it causes vision problems?

Seeds and stems.

That should do it for now. :)

Stems and seeds? You hold your bitch tongue. Have you not heard "From little things big things grow"? ;)

that J G Wentworth add

trying to screw people out of their lawsuit settlements and lottery winnings and annuities

The locations of "Q" and "W." "W" is fine where it is, but the "Q" is a wee bit too close when using keyboard shortcuts. :p

"Ctrl+Q" is "close all" and "Ctrl+W" is "close window." I routinely open 40+ documents to rename in rapid fire succession. My keystrokes look like this:

Open a bunch of files. Ctrl+Shift+S, type #####, hit enter, Ctrl+W, Ctrl+Shift+S, #####...

Hitting Q instead of W is quite problematic as suddenly all the files are closed and while I can reopen them, I don't know which I've already renamed! 8(

(I am so glad this and the scanner jamming are the greatest of my worries while at work. :p)

Last edited:

Pretty sure I've mentioned this repeatedly. ;)

It's mostly guys that say it though. You never see a girl walk up to another girl and say, "Hey champ, what time is it?" or "Got a bathroom, chief?". It got me wondering if women have some other kind of quasi-patronizing titles they give one another. hmm....

I find women use "lovey" or "dear" but get a bit pissed when you reply with "sweet cheeks"

^ Sometimes they use "hun" and "sweetie," though those are more in moments of "oh crap, I forgot (or don't know) your name and I feel like I have to call you something!" 8(