• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pet Peeves v. u mad?

facebook tiffs! not with my actual friends, but the fights you get in with some girl you had anatomy with in high school, who you haven't spoken to in five years, and one of her twat friends makes a sexist racist comment to you with your true blood (white) avatar thinking you find it hilarious, then you spend half an hour reaming them, and then random anatomy five years ago classmate just deletes you, instead of her twat of a friend.

:eek:

dirty ears.

some people literally have blackheads (in the ear, how does that happen?) and ear wax sculptures that you can see when casually sitting next to them and minding your own fucking business. gag.dry heave.

People who write/say "my" in front of things that really don't need a personal pronoun. "I took my Paxil this morning" for example--Doesn't "I took Paxil this morning" suffice? I mean, unless you have a friend who has a bottle and you want to specify that you took some from your bottle and not theirs. 8(

I know this has been said by others in past peeves thread but I have to say it again. When people you know come up to you in the gym and talk to you for 20+ minutes while you're actually working out... especially when they're talking about shit that's stressing you out (here it's grades and moving). What the fuck? I come here to get away from my thoughts and actually work out. Stop standing next to my machine and bothering me with your chatter. If you want to talk to me in length talk to me elsewhere.

i fucking hate dickheads who comment on youtube vids things like "thumbs up if marié digby sent you here! :)"

i want to beat them so bad :X, it's runied youtube to an extent imho.

^ One of the biggest rules of YouTube (IMO at least) is to never read the comments. Ever. It's just not worth it.

I've gotten soft lately, haven't been peeving much. The big one remains motorists who, inadvertently or otherwise, try to kill me while I'm on my bike. Nearly being killed because some ignorant tank-driving suburbanite decides that their need to turn right, right fucking now, while I'm going straight through an intersection, trumps my need to keep breathing/maintaining use of my body below the chin... yeah, I guess that's a peeve.

when on any kind of social thing (IM, IRC, tinychat, etc.) and someone says goodbye and leaves before anyone else can say bye. kinda silly, but it's a peeve

I cant stand when people pull around other cars at the gas station. That sort of impatience bugs me to no end.

when on any kind of social thing (IM, IRC, tinychat, etc.) and someone says goodbye and leaves before anyone else can say bye. kinda silly, but it's a peeve
Would you rather they just left / signed off? 8) Sometimes there isn't time to say more than "Gotta go!" before you have to leave.

The big one remains motorists who, inadvertently or otherwise, try to kill me while I'm on my bike. Nearly being killed because some ignorant tank-driving suburbanite decides that their need to turn right, right fucking now, while I'm going straight through an intersection, trumps my need to keep breathing/maintaining use of my body below the chin... yeah, I guess that's a peeve.
Yeahhh... Or the people who don't use their blinker at all, so you're going straight as they are and then decide to turn. Though I guess that's kind of the same situation. At least you or I haven't been hit yet (though I was hit by a car pulling out of a drive thru... hit and run for the record 8(): I know someone who recently got hit. She's okay thankfully, minus some bumps and bruises--But her bike needs new rims, unfortunately.

I'm actually considering getting a helmet cam, so that I could, at the very least, easily get license plate numbers-- if not actual evidence of reckless driving. It's not the way to foster a friendly cyclist/motorist relationship, but I'd rather that then wind up being hit.

That's a good idea, Dave, esp. if you're ever hit and it's a hit and run. Though hopefully that never happens!

My current peeve is things breaking from not being used for years and suddenly being used. Then people blaming you for being "too rough with it." 8(

I'm actually considering getting a helmet cam, so that I could, at the very least, easily get license plate numbers-- if not actual evidence of reckless driving. It's not the way to foster a friendly cyclist/motorist relationship, but I'd rather that then wind up being hit.

I run those guys over all the time. You get combo points if you knock them into each other.

one of my latest peeves is that my bf NEVER puts the toilet seat back down. i know its fucking dumb, but i have casually asked him nicely more than a few times to stop doing that. also, he has completely lost any sort of manners towards me. i like a gentleman, i think its pretty f'in awesome when a man will open a door for me, tell me i look good, serve me my food first (he pretty much just serves himself then starts eating and ignores me), do little nice things for me like i do for him, etc. ugh. i try to make hints by doing all of these things for him on a daily basis but i guess he just doesnt even notice?

so tl;dr... lack of gentlemanly manners!!

one of my latest peeves is that my bf NEVER puts the toilet seat back down. i know its fucking dumb, but i have casually asked him nicely more than a few times to stop doing that. also, he has completely lost any sort of manners towards me. i like a gentleman, i think its pretty f'in awesome when a man will open a door for me, tell me i look good, serve me my food first (he pretty much just serves himself then starts eating and ignores me), do little nice things for me like i do for him, etc. ugh. i try to make hints by doing all of these things for him on a daily basis but i guess he just doesnt even notice?

good thing you did the test drive living with him to see if he was a piece of shit/a selfish child.

he is.

so dump his ass! congrats your life isn't ruined and you don't have to pay for a divorce.

lol! we dont even live together! but we do spend a lot of time at each others places. ugh it sucks dude cuz im so torn right now. :(

i've been in a similar situation and it's true that you shouldn't try to change someone. especially by attempting to accelerate their maturation to an adult. never works, especially if you stay with them while you're trying to do this which gives them no incentive whatsoever to change.

Unless it's a kickass new rc, or human flesh, I give a crap not! I find it particularly irritating when they post a picture of their plate. Posting lyrics to songs they didn't write is also pretty damn lame. The food is definitely the worst, though.[/QU That's hilarious. Ew. I freak out on drivers who turn left in front of me when I'm walking and have the right of way. Seriously.!?

Sounds like he's got you right trained!

It annoys me when after having left my gum in my hot car the paper won't come off the gum completely.