• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Festival & Rave Harm Reduction thread

Bsiren

Bluelight Crew
As the summer festivals approach, questions pop up all the time regarding how to enjoy yourself safely. If you have a post regarding harm reduction at a festival or rave it goes here.

The same rules apply in this thread as they do on Bluelight, but as a reminder:

• NO Event Names! Venues and promoters of an event do not want to be singled out as a place you intend to take drugs. Law enforcement does view Bluelight, so be smart.
  • No "How do I get this past security?" questions.
  • No advice on acquiring drugs inside of a festival- in general, if you avoid selling or buying drugs in a big event, you can avoid most of the trouble.
  • No deliberate "what should I take threads?"
  • We are not legal authorities, and hearsay can get you in trouble- consult the regional laws online in regards to search & drug laws in regards to the state or city you'll be partying in.
  • Keep on topic- this is a harm reduction thread and not a social one.

Check out DanceSafe's Summer Festival Guide, as it applies well to any event you may be going to: http://dancesafe.org/node/13357

This is a great thread, I'd like to add for anyone who does not know this, seeing as i think this comes under harm reduction, that E's can have DXM in them,
So imagine taking DXM then later on taking MDMA in an E.

Im only saying this as i experienced serotonin syndrome from mixing of those 2 (10 days apart however) 200mg mdma, then 10 days later 800mg DXM but the experience was really and truly a horrible one.

Is it harm reduction questions only or can I ask other its-my-first-event-ever-and-I-don't-know-what-to-expect type stuff?

Make sure to drink water and don't push the limits because you're at a festival guys!
One of the main things I see when I'm playing a show is kids high as fuck on pills, and I talk to most of them because they're not that much younger than me (a few years) and I usually ask them how much pills they're on and they say like 7-10, it's fucked. Also I try to give free water out at most of my events, but sadly bottled water isn't that cheap when you need like 300 bottles D:

I'm happy to allow discussion on advice on how to schedule drugs for multiple day/hour events, we do not allow threads that directly ask "what should I take?", but feedback in regards to safety of doses, drugs and combinations is fine.

Make sure to drink water and don't push the limits because you're at a festival guys!
One of the main things I see when I'm playing a show is kids high as fuck on pills, and I talk to most of them because they're not that much younger than me (a few years) and I usually ask them how much pills they're on and they say like 7-10, it's fucked. Also I try to give free water out at most of my events, but sadly bottled water isn't that cheap when you need like 300 bottles D:

this is true .. at an event you dont really need to dose that high .. you have so many things around you that can boost up your roll that it really is a waste to take more then 3 pills, your better off taking more after you get out .. just being in a festival without drugs is a high it self.. also word of advise for those who like to dance , DONT force yourself to dance if your feeling floored just sit and relax..

has anyone rolled three days in a row? was it worth it??
how long was your break before that binge and how long did you wait to roll again after?

has anyone rolled three days in a row? was it worth it??
how long was your break before that binge and how long did you wait to roll again after?

I've made the poor decision of rolling 2 days in a row, which I advise against. I did this with many friends during my birthday party in Vegas, the second day was not nearly as strong, and most of us had brain zaps and depression for some time to follow. Take a look at the list of threads on ED and you'll notice a decent amount of "getting my mind back" and "what's wrong with me?" posts from people who feel regretful and frightened by the outcome over overdoing MDMA.

MDMA by it's nature is not a chemical to be treated casually or played with. It depletes serotonin, which is a vital neurochemical. You greatly increase your risk for Serotonin Syndrome by doing this.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_syndrome

In general the minimum wait time for receptor repair and serotonin itself is thought to be 30 to 90 days. You can certainly make an exception and break this rule shortening it to 2-3 weeks every now and then without massive risks, but attempting to do 3 months worth of rolling 3 days is just abusive. Typically, when MDMA is newer to you, you "honeymoon" it and cheat the rules, and it takes a few months to catch up to you with evident down regulation of your 5-HT1 receptors. That does not mean you should push the limit and see what happens.

There is no magical trick, vitamin or supplement that can speed up the natural recovery you need- especially not to the extent that it's safe or OK to attempt 3 straight days of MDMA.

My recommendation, from experience of being quite abusive with MDMA, is to pick 1 day and roll. You can enjoy psychedelics, alcohol, weed, and other drugs the other days. I will be at a 3 day event in a few weeks, and I'm personally planning to roll on the middle day, and enjoy the afterglow (and perhaps some psychedelics) on the final day.

It doesn't matter how long your break was before the 3-day binge, you are most likely still going to feel the side effects from it even if you have had a 3 year break beforehand. I've done this before at a festival, and although it was a great time I would personally not do it again. It's much better to use marijuana or alcohol on the other two days. I agree with Bsiren that I would roll on the middle day, but it kinda all depends on the schedule and who you want to see.

if i were to roll on a friday then on sunday would taking piracetam on sunday help to make a difference in my roll? anyone ever tried this?

As I've said above, no supplement can synthesize a months worth of receptor recovery. A day off is not a good idea.

any0ne else been thinkin that eatin the beans out in vegas will be not as good as whats usually good in So CAL?

:edit:

Im considering whether LSD should be taken the day before MDA at an event or if MDA should come first.. What do you gus think? I'm deciding not to mix the two since I want one for the other day.

^ I'd take the mdma first only because taking lsd with serotonin depletion sounds not so fun.

I had shrooms once the next night after MDMA, I had a pretty good time :D.. But I failed to do any research on how this could effect you. I still haven't found much info about taking shrooms after MDMA, anyone with knowledge/experience care to shed some light?

My body felt fine but I'm wondering how that would effect brain chemistry?

^ hippy flip is my buddys fav combo does it once a month, sometimes mush then mdma sometimes vice versa. Always enjoys himself.