• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Festival & Rave Harm Reduction thread

With ketamine its easy to do too much,

but if im stumbling around like a retard the impression i leave wont be good lol.
yes i get called a wonky donky, and people shout NEIGHHH at me as i attempt the stairs when im out at raves lol...

Doseage wise,
literally 2 bumps every 50 minutes / 1 hour, would be good (as long as its actually ketamine and not methoxetamine)
2 small key bumps , that is.

As for comedowns? you dont really get them on ketamine, usually an afterglow and in fact i know from doing months of mdma without ketamine, it lessens the comedown quite a bit

Yo sam! What do you recommend taking the 2nd day at a festival? I dont drink and do not want to roll twice.. I have never taken Ketamine nor do i have a source(yet). A friend of mine tried Ket once and loved it, but said because of the hallucinations he feels its not suited for a festival.. Im going with friends who don't roll and wont mind me taking some molly, but if im stumbling around like a retard the impression i leave wont be good lol.

I read you usually take Ketamine and was wondering if ill be able to keep myself under control. What would be the right dosage for this and how long will it typically last?
Also is there a come down?

Thanx

Try a psychedelic or cannabis if you don't want to drink/roll.

I just have a general question when it comes to redosing at larger events (ones that go on for 12+ hours in one night).

I understand that typically one should redose an hour after their first drop with half their initial dose. My question is for longer raves where I would plan on taking a ****load of MDMA, when it comes to redosing, would it be better to take smaller more frequent doses (lets say a small hit every hour over a few hours) or just a couple larger hits (ex: 2 large doses 3 hours apart)? Or is it all the same?

Basically, does redosing with a larger amount of MDMA cause more damage to your brain than if you would space out that same dose in smaller increments over a longer period?

I just have a general question when it comes to redosing at larger events (ones that go on for 12+ hours in one night).

I understand that typically one should redose an hour after their first drop with half their initial dose. My question is for longer raves where I would plan on taking a ****load of MDMA, when it comes to redosing, would it be better to take smaller more frequent doses (lets say a small hit every hour over a few hours) or just a couple larger hits (ex: 2 large doses 3 hours apart)? Or is it all the same?

Basically, does redosing with a larger amount of MDMA cause more damage to your brain than if you would space out that same dose in smaller increments over a longer period?

Well taking a shit load of MDMA is not a good idea to begin with. If you have to redose (DON'T) then take a higher dose, say 150mg (or whatever you want) and then take the second dose, usually smaller, like an hour and a half or so later. IF you keep redosing with small amounts then that exponentially increases neurotoxicity.

all i know from experience with the redosing thing was i started to lose the magic,
and the comedowns were horrible lol, nearly wanted to lay on the bed and cry all tuesday

yet another dosing question....

I am going to a 3 day fest this summer and would see my schedule as follows:

Day 1: get there crack open a beer, smoke some, possibly do a line or 2 of blow for the last set, just to stay awake and in the mood.

Day 2: wake up, light one up, crack open another beer. by 2 or 3 o'clock drop a hit or so of L.

Day 3. the usual afternoon, and by night fall drop some MD.

My question is, i have always wanted to candy flip, if i take less then a point of molly to get me to what i call "+1" will i be regretting it the next day? I do have bad hangovers from E usually blurred vision , trouble focusing on small print, and a sour stomach that can last up to a week.

I have taken half a gram of good (upwards of 80%.) pure Molly in a night and regretted it the next morning, but otherwise made a full recovery within a weeks time. Smaller doses require less time for recovery and less negative reactions.

I'm planning to go to my first ever music festival this spring, I have many questions.

I've read through this thread, I've seen this question asked numerous times: Should I take mdma mulitple days of the festival? Well, I'm *NOT* going to ask that question - Because I would never want to do such a thing!

I understand that there should be the ideal minimum wait of 90 days between uses of mdma. So, taking mdma on more than one day of a festival would go against that wisdom. So, I think to myself, could a person take 2C-B on the other days? Or methylone? Or mephedrone? The problem is, I don't understand the biochemistry of each well enough. Specifically, I don't know if each of them is similar enough to mdma that there should be a 90 day gap between *any* combination of these drugs (mdma, methylone, 2C-B, and mephedrone). So, for example, if a person uses 2C-B on day 1, should he be waiting 90 days before using mdma?

Well there is an amount of cross tolerance between all of those drugs, but 2Cs and MDMA are generally OK to take near each other, you just wont get as high. MDMA releases serotonin in mass amounts, 2Cs bind to the Sert receptors, so there is a bit of interaction there, but its not enough to have to wait more than a couple days to get the best out of both.

Methylone and mephedrone are different stories though, they are very similar to MDMA, and release serotonin, just not on the same level as MDMA. You should put at least a month between using any serotonin releasing drugs and MDMA

One of the first signs that I saw in my very earliest stages of research...
Time and again, anecdotal reports of MDMA users that fear 'brain damage' or a serious comedown make DRASTIC changes to their diets.
We are talking pot-smoking fast-food eating young people becoming VEGANS overnight.
This is seen on BL and Erowids rather easily.

And it goes beyond simple change in appetite.
The radical transformation in lifestyle has a much deeper cause.
And I see something very similar in former SSRI users that experience profound anhedonia.
They become exercise and healthy diet fanatics!

The most convincing reason of all for me is that the night of Serotonin Syndrome, my gut pain started at the stomach - not the bowel.
The swelling just grew and grew until I thought my liver would burst!
And liver toxicity is suspected to be caused by the immune system, not MDMA directly.
I couldn't eat solid food for a month, and even liquid diet caused MASSIVE anxiety and physical pain.
Talk about brain raping.

Yes, 80-90% of all serotonin and its receptors are found in the intestines.
Men have more than women, perhaps why they burp and fart so much more.
The word itself means the 'serum' that 'tones' the intestines.

Most people have a loss of appetite the day after rolling.
And nausea or needing to shit during a roll is also very common.
But when it goes bad, the digestive system is a key player.
And 'neurotoxicity' in my opinion is the intestines rewiring the brain.

I still believe a lot of your digestive issues stem from the fact that you tried to give yourself an enema, not because you took what may or may not have been MDMA

Especially the stomach issues, which sound more gastrointestinal than liver swelling.

Many people assume they can feel pain in specific organs, but due to the structure of nerves (u can feel a pain in your sinus that can replicate a sensation behind your ear, etc) and the density of organs in your mid section, the swelling of any organ can cause that type of pain/sensation.

Costrocongitis, for example, is a sensitive and/or weak lining in the chest wall muscles, yet mimics the sensation of a heart attack (pins and needles, sharp stabbing from chest to back, chest pains) when ones lungs expand and contract, or pressure is applied in between certain ribs

Unless diagnosed with it, I'm SURE that many users would report chest pain or heart attack, although this condition has nothing to do w the heart.

Is this possible, that you may have done harm to your digestive system via something other than MDMA? Maybe the panic and fear was closely related to "OMG my stomach is going to explode out of my belly!?"

Reading "medical" content on the Internet can lead someone with testicular torsion to believe they have testicular cancer, or someone who has a runny stool to believe they have colon cancer or an ulcer.

Sorry FBC I feel like I give u a hard time a lot, I just reviewed some of your earlier posts which had me thinkin, that's all.

Also, multiple day rolling is not suggested, but if you really don't abuse MDMA and you're getting clean stuff (plus, I have to add this in for HReduction and since all systems are different) if you're one of those people that responds well to MDMA by having mild come downs (if any) then every once in awhile it's not so bad. Just prepare and realize it is POSSIBLE that u may not have the best time of it immediately after.

Once at a festival i rolled day 1, day 2, and day 3. On the first day I took one mint, the second, another while wasted (bad idea) and on day three one and a half. Besides a bruise on my shoulder from falling down stairs due to nystigmus and about one week of feeling "off," worn out, and a little sad (nothing too crazy) I'd say it was worth it.

I'm not saying to do it, there are a ton of other factors to consider.

My MDMA use was probably around 15 lifetime pills at that point, and about once every 30 days for 8 months prior to this.

My total pill count is still probably under 20-25 lifetime as well

If you feel off for a week, thats a BIG sign of permanent damage.

Just because that feeling goes away, doesnt mean the damage does. Your brain just adapted to the lowered levels of serotonin, and that is not a good thing.

I'm planning to go to my first ever music festival this spring, I have many questions.

I've read through this thread, I've seen this question asked numerous times: Should I take mdma mulitple days of the festival? Well, I'm *NOT* going to ask that question - Because I would never want to do such a thing!

I understand that there should be the ideal minimum wait of 90 days between uses of mdma. So, taking mdma on more than one day of a festival would go against that wisdom. So, I think to myself, could a person take 2C-B on the other days? Or methylone? Or mephedrone? The problem is, I don't understand the biochemistry of each well enough. Specifically, I don't know if each of them is similar enough to mdma that there should be a 90 day gap between *any* combination of these drugs (mdma, methylone, 2C-B, and mephedrone). So, for example, if a person uses 2C-B on day 1, should he be waiting 90 days before using mdma?

Any drug that is a strong seratonin agonist and/or a dopamine agonist will be affected and affect MDMA. but some are less harmful than others. going with trytamines (LSD, shrooms, and related) is better, because there seems to be little if any cross tolerance. Going with something like mephedrone, which is very closely related to MDMA, will have much more. 2cb is probably ok, but one shouldnt overdo it

2cb uses seratonin, but instead of releasing it (like MDxx) it binds to the same receptors as seratonin. different form of action. It also uses dopamine, but in this sense it is more similar to MDxx.

I've noticed an increase in festival goers who own test kits. When you get there, ask your neighbors and heady-distributers if they own a test kit, so when jerks with fake molly come by, you can test it. I've found that almost everybody who has molly wants you to smell and taste it, and most of them will let you test it. I tested 20+ different mollys at a recent huge U.S. festy, and all were fake. I know people keep saying "I don't trust rolls anymore I just go with molly, you can smell and taste it" This couldn't be more ignorant. The reason you should embrace pressed rolls instead is there is a huge community of people on bl and pill reports who contribute to each pill's reputation. A good example of a great reputation is mints from the Mid west. They have a unique thin wafer shape and they always contain high mdxx. Even if somebody lies and says a pill is good, you can check the comments and somebody a little more informed may have tested it.

It is hard to identify real molly, but it is easy to identify fake molly. If you smell a safrole oil type smell, it could be real, but not all molly or rolls smell sassy. A good rule of thumb is that if it tastes sour or smells rotten or like sulfur it is fake. I've tested countless molly that looked just like real molly, but it had a bit of a rotten smell or sulfur smell, and when I tested it it was like a 2c compound or bzp or something crazy. Also, if you come across rolls that are not round and are shaped like a cartoon character or something stay away they're almost always pipes. I just tested my friend's pink hearts, I knew they would be fake because they smelled like puke and were shaped like hearts. NO reaction on marquis regent, GROSS! But people swore that they were real and they were rolling balls.

Yeah FBC I remember writing that and yeah, it was around a week or so after a use.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/20/ecstacy-doesnt-damage-the_n_825704.html explain?

Also saw a study on SERT levels comparing habitual users who had abstained for many months/years, non-users, those who use habitually and had within 30 days, and those given MDMA/placebo

The results showed almost identical figures for those who had abstained and those non users, and aslightly decreased level of SERTs in those who had recently used.

Also, the study on primates was either the faulty labeled Ricuarte test or something else, as MDMA plays with our 5-ht receptors/seretonin and not dopamine.

Also, may it be noted that I had said the effects to be SO SLIGHT that I hardly notice them? Habitual cannabis use has given me more of a negative impact on my daily life than MDMA use ever has, by far. Motivation? Laughable at points, weight gain, zombie like feel, anxiety, you name it.

What's the cure? Temporary or total abstinence with moderation in use patterns.

If the guy wants to roll until he has effectively depleted all of his serotonin he will figure out, quickly enough, why that is a bad choice. MDMA is continually referred to as holding little to no addiction potential as it stops working due to a rapid tolerance development (via depleted seretonin).

Your brain is regenerative - therefor it is constantly trying to "balance it self out" - when you temporarily change the chemistry of your brain it will try to correct it, over time. Once active ingredients are no longer present and or introduced it will return to "normal" OVER TIME

To believe MDMA can cause digestive issues including, but not limited to, irritable bowel syndrome, is profoundly inappropriate. Especially because you, ever so slyly, believe this drug (as opposed to water) to be the cause of your digestion issues.

Really bro?

MDMA caused it instead of your friends and yourself forcefully launching an un natural amount of water into your rectum (something that is used for REMOVING waste, not taking things in) and using home made suction and/or other treaments not regulated by a medical professional directly on said organs????

U sure? Cause if u are I'm speechless

Yeah FBC I remember writing that and yeah, it was around a week or so after a use.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/20/ecstacy-doesnt-damage-the_n_825704.html explain?

Also saw a study on SERT levels comparing habitual users who had abstained for many months/years, non-users, those who use habitually and had within 30 days, and those given MDMA/placebo

The results showed almost identical figures for those who had abstained and those non users, and aslightly decreased level of SERTs in those who had recently used.

Also, the study on primates was either the faulty labeled Ricuarte test or something else, as MDMA plays with our 5-ht receptors/seretonin and not dopamine.

Also, may it be noted that I had said the effects to be SO SLIGHT that I hardly notice them? Habitual cannabis use has given me more of a negative impact on my daily life than MDMA use ever has, by far. Motivation? Laughable at points, weight gain, zombie like feel, anxiety, you name it.

What's the cure? Temporary or total abstinence with moderation in use patterns.

If the guy wants to roll until he has effectively depleted all of his serotonin he will figure out, quickly enough, why that is a bad choice. MDMA is continually referred to as holding little to no addiction potential as it stops working due to a rapid tolerance development (via depleted seretonin).

Your brain is regenerative - therefor it is constantly trying to "balance it self out" - when you temporarily change the chemistry of your brain it will try to correct it, over time. Once active ingredients are no longer present and or introduced it will return to "normal" OVER TIME

To believe MDMA can cause digestive issues including, but not limited to, irritable bowel syndrome, is profoundly inappropriate. Especially because you, ever so slyly, believe this drug (as opposed to water) to be the cause of your digestion issues.

Really bro?

MDMA caused it instead of your friends and yourself forcefully launching an un natural amount of water into your rectum (something that is used for REMOVING waste, not taking things in) and using home made suction and/or other treaments not regulated by a medical professional directly on said organs????

U sure? Cause if u are I'm speechless

Might I add that the feelings I get the day after drinking heavily are far, far more incapacitative than those of MDMA? Too much of anything can be bad.

Alcohol seems to have the quickest, most direct, and honestly most embarrassing and life altering effects than any other substance I've tried. Especially on cognition!!!

Thedea.org is a nice,easy to read compilation and interpretetation of actual scholarly writings/research. I suggest we take a gander at some of this bloggers insights into MDMA.

And this "Improper administration of an enema may cause electrolyte imbalance (with repeated enemas) or ruptures to the bowel or rectal tissues resulting in internal bleeding. However, these occurrences are rare in healthy, sober adults. Internal bleeding or rupture may leave the individual exposed to infections from intestinal bacteria. Blood resulting from tears in the colon may not always be visible, but can be distinguished if the feces are unusually dark or have a red hue. If intestinal rupture is suspected, medical assistance should be obtained immediately.[16]
The enema tube and solution may stimulate the vagus nerve, which may trigger an arrhythmia such as bradycardia. Enemas should not be used if there is an undiagnosed abdominal pain since the peristalsis of the bowel can cause an inflamed appendix to rupture.
Colonic irrigation should not be used in people with diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, severe or internal hemorrhoids or tumors in the rectum or colon. It also should not be used soon after bowel surgery (unless directed by one's health care provider). Regular treatments should be avoided by people with heart disease or renal failure. Colonics are inappropriate for people with bowel, rectal or anal pathologies where the pathology contributes to the risk of bowel perforation.[17]
Recent research has shown that ozone water, which is sometimes used in enemas, can immediately cause microscopic colitis.[18] A recent case series[19] of 11 patients with five deaths illustrated the danger of phosphate enemas.
[edit]See also

Festival Prep

So festival season is upon us. The first major one starts this weekend (UMF). Most of us here know that we should roll consecutively and that a 1 to 3 months break is ideal. However festival season brings out the worst of us. Many of us will try to roll 2 days in row and even go on a 3 day binge. In many cases festivals are weeks rather than months so a month long break can't be observed. Yes we know its bad, yes we know we shouldn't but we'll do it anyway. So this thread is completely about harm reduction, we know its wrong but there are things that we can do to make a little less worse for us.

I believe that a key to surviving when rolling consecutively is eating right. The last thing we want to do after we roll is eat, food tastes like shit and jaws are bloody. But if you want to do it the next day is eat a lot of fresh fruit. I like cantaloupe, watermelon, and oranges. There isn't much chewing involved and you'll get the essential vitamins and minerals you lost sweating. A lot of us end up suffering from dehydration, to cope with that I like to drink pedialyte during festivals and after. Sure it tastes like shit but if you have trouble holding down liquids this is ideal its loaded with minerals, electrolytes, sodium and its low on sugars.

I'm going to my first festival soon and would love tips on how to minimize damage while having fun! My friends recommended drinking veggie/green juice after. Sounds similar to the fruit you recommend. :D