• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Festival & Rave Harm Reduction thread

I've been to several festivals, and feel fine on the 4th day. Where is your evidence to suggest that I will not feel fine? This is not my first time doing drugs on multiple days, I've done it quite often to know my limits.

Also, let's be abundantly clear, you're the idiot dude. You sit on this forum and critique people without an ounce of knowledge about them or their history. You assume I know nothing, I've been around drugs probably A LOT longer than you and have not fried out, OD'd, had a bad trip, and have not lost "the magic".

I know what I am doing, do you? Because you really don't seem to make reasonable, intelligible assessments.

Sorry If I offended you. I wasn't tryin to make you trip out.

Ill admit, you probably have way more drug experience than me. Good for you.

Im glad you are able to go on binges and feel fine. If such is the case perhaps you should do it more often. Try telling me Im wrong after that.

However the reality is that most users are not able to withstand such high levels of drug use without having severe side effects. Often times they swear that they are invincible and then come back 6th months later posting threads like :

"Have I Lost the magic?" "Is my brain fried?" "How come Im depressed all the time?" .....etc

So please dont be takin it so personally. Im sorry you feel that way about me but I aint never intended to irritate you. Im simply trying to help others look out for themselves.

Have fun! =D

Winning Summer Festivals

Hey, Nathan from DanceSafe here. I got a bug up my butt last year to write a quick guide to summer festivals for the DanceSafe website. It's mostly geared to outdoor/camping festivals and renegade parties but has some stuff for other festies too.

http://dancesafe.org/content/story/win-summer-festivals

We also just finished a successful booth at Movement in Detroit. We're wanting to work more large festivals like these but are often needing volunteers since we don't always have a chapter nearby.

As always, if you're interested in starting a chapter or doing more on-the-ground harm reduction work in your area, working with local health agencies, hosting trainings or Q&A events, want literature to pass out, or anything of that nature then please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Peas!

Nathan
DanceSafe

What is worse?

I know there are tons of threads about the safety and potency of rolling back to back days but as I read through them, there are still questions that aren't answered. If you can answer these questions in a straight forward manner, that would be great

1. What is "worse"? Rolling back to back days OR rolling one day, taking a break for a day, then rolling the 3rd day?

2. IF you do take a day of rest, does the extra day of rest really make a difference or help (in your opinion)?

3. How strong was your roll the second day if you've done it back to back? (compared to the first day?
How strong was your roll the second TIME if you took a day of rest in between?

4. If you've done both as listed above, would you say that taking a day of rest significantly helps the roll the second time, or did you not really notice a difference?

Thanks for your input!

You shouldn't be doing either of these. Your not giving your serotonin enough time whether it be 24 hours or 2 days later... The fact of the matter is that it takes time. (3-4 weeks, not 3-4 days.) Stuff like this has been covered extensively I don't understand why you feel the need to make another post on it. If anything put it in the festival harm reduction thread.

rolling back to back days is duable, if its your first time rolling back to back days, you wont notice a change in your high with the same dosage. but on the first day if you've depleted all your seretonin and driven up your tolerance, like say you took 4 or so pills, then dont even worry about rolling the second day.

I would say roll one day, take 5 htp the day off and get vitamins in you, then roll with the same dosage. its really up to you, but you since this is a harm reduction site it is not reccommended that you roll that often, but if your going to, that is my opinion. Be safe.

I guess I didn't realize the OP was asking about what will work better. I rolled last night. I can promise you if I took pills again tonight I wouldn't know the difference and be rolling balls the same as last night. But is this smart? Absolutely not. The day after effects will be much worse, but you know this. It's only been covered a hundred thousand times.

I assume you are going to a festival? There are other drugs that you can consume, not just MDMA. And guess what? If you're really a music lover, try just going sober... I've found I appreciate the music much more when I'm not on drugs.

1. What is "worse"? Rolling back to back days OR rolling one day, taking a break for a day, then rolling the 3rd day?

Depends on how many pills your going to be taking - If you were to take one pill on day one, have one day rest and then take another pill on day three. Or would you take several pills to roll for two consecutive days. Obviously the less of the drug you use the better for your brain / body so taking a day off would be better. If however you were going to take two pills in the three day period, you would be better off to take one and then when your coming down/just off peak pop the other and then have the two days break.

2. IF you do take a day of rest, does the extra day of rest really make a difference or help (in your opinion)?

Again this depends on what your doing / what else your taking - if your at a three day event and you pop day one and then day two have a rest then it really helps for the third day as your body isnt as tired and you can enjoy yourself properly. If however your going to be taking something else/staying awake then your not taking a break / rest.

3. How strong was your roll the second day if you've done it back to back? (compared to the first day?
How strong was your roll the second TIME if you took a day of rest in between?

day two (if Ive rested) I can pretty much go as day one (If I have not been taking too much prior to the event). If I havent rested/slept and then popped I can often feel a bit more stoned (again this really depends on your setting). If your at an event you naturally have a bit more energy than what you would have if your just sitting about at an afterparty (house sitting with friends)

4. If you've done both as listed above, would you say that taking a day of rest significantly helps the roll the second time, or did you not really notice a difference?

Again depending on setting it can help or it can make little difference/make you feel worse

Sorry I cant give you a clear answer as it really varies depending on what your doing - taking during your 'day off' etc

thanks for the responses everyone.

@chitown- I am pretty responsible about my e use and have never done it back to back days. Yes I am going to a big festival which is why I am planning to do it. I've gone to tons of music events sober but for something this big, why not?
After this, I plan on taking at least 6 month break.

@bearlove thanks for the specificity. I have a better idea now as to how I should prepare and what not.

If you're just going to do this once then by all means go for it. That is assuming that you really will take a long break after that, ya know?

Taking at LEAST a two week break seems to be the advice by experienced users that still like to bend 'the rules'. Rolling two days in a row has been described as the worst choice.

Waiting less than two weeks is unbelievably risky, especially if you are using repeated doses or taking over 300mg in a night. Even if you don't have noticeable degredation, you are still increasing the 'adaptations' that are occurring to your 'brain-gut' circuitry.

You are essentially speeding up your travel towards the 'other side' of MDMA use.
You are also increasing the risk of having an extreme reaction.

If you insist on doing it that quickly, a high tryptophan diet and LOTS of exercise are the ONLY way to go. Taking 5-HTP may increase the risk of Serotonin Syndrome.

Working out will speed up your natural recovery process more than you think.
BDNF will help restore axonal function in a profound way.

Dancing the night of the roll may help with plasticity of 5-HT neurons, as long as you dose moderately and keep body temp under control. But working out in between rolls is likely to have even more benefit.

It takes 3-5 days for the metabolites of MDMA, often believed to play a role in toxicity, to be removed from the body. Lots of water, protein, and good cardio can only help speed this up.

Good luck.

hahah thanks for the input.
yeah, i'm a healthy guy so I think i'll pull through this one time
esp. that my pill count is like 1/1000 of some peoples. With that being said, I am not saying that its a good thing ever to do this. its just a special occasion and what not.

Splinter's Thoughts (With MasterSplinter)

Rolling two days in a row has been described as the worst choice.

Waiting less than two weeks is unbelievably risky, especially if you are using repeated doses or taking over 300mg in a night.

Can't Belivin Im agree'n with Comedown, but hes right. Your going to cause neurotoxicity on your brain if your rollin two dayz in a row. Plus after a back to back E-Session you are guaranteed to have a slower recovery...your probably going to feel "off" and "slow" for a month or two...

Fuck that.

You are essentially speeding up your travel towards the 'other side' of MDMA use.
You are also increasing the risk of having an extreme reaction.

You only get so much rollin in your life. If we all start at 100% then eventually we will all be at zero when we finish our MDMA journey...rolling multiple days in a row for a cheap thrill is just speedin up the end of your roll life cycle.

I plan to use for a long time...but in order to do that Im tryin to make it like a once a year thing....

Is the second 2 hour high really worth a 2 week recovery? That would be alot of lost energy, time, and most importantly money for me...

But do as you will. You aint gunna die...your just going to regret it in the end. :\

^i wasn't dick sizing. I just wanted to know his pill count because i feel like mine is a small fraction of what his is. but whatever.

Someone asked if people had done three days rolling? I did. It was great but no joke it took me about 2 weeks to get back to normal. Major depressed and stuff for a few days after.

We agreed to check in with each other after the festival so it was cool like that. Might reduce it to two this year!

lol JG there are a shit ton of threads on here about candyflipping (acid+mdma) i suggest you look those up also check erowid.org for more info

Well its Friday way out west...who here is eatin beans this weekend at the "festival of flowers" ;) ?

has anyone rolled three days in a row? was it worth it??
how long was your break before that binge and how long did you wait to roll again after?

i think the closest iv been to death was when i was at a 2 day festival and comsumed a lot of speed and pip pills with a lot of vodka too. never again will i be so stupid!:\ but as far as mdma for 2 days id say if your planning on doin this take a low dose the first day and maybe increase your dose the second day because your tolerance will be high. BUT listen to your body and if you dont feel like your up to it just dont do it