Bluelight

Thread: Festival & Rave Harm Reduction thread

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Festival & Rave Harm Reduction thread 
    Bluelight
    As the summer festivals approach, questions pop up all the time regarding how to enjoy yourself safely. If you have a post regarding harm reduction at a festival or rave it goes here.

The same rules apply in this thread as they do on Bluelight, but as a reminder:

• NO Event Names! Venues and promoters of an event do not want to be singled out as a place you intend to take drugs. Law enforcement does view Bluelight, so be smart.
    • No "How do I get this past security?" questions.
    • No advice on acquiring drugs inside of a festival- in general, if you avoid selling or buying drugs in a big event, you can avoid most of the trouble.
    • No deliberate "what should I take threads?"
    • We are not legal authorities, and hearsay can get you in trouble- consult the regional laws online in regards to search & drug laws in regards to the state or city you'll be partying in.
    • Keep on topic- this is a harm reduction thread and not a social one.

Check out DanceSafe's Summer Festival Guide, as it applies well to any event you may be going to: http://dancesafe.org/node/13357

2. Collapse Details

Added link in the directory

3. Collapse Details

Www.pillreports.com & a beach town on the west coast. Www.pillreports.com & on my toilet pooping. I also can be found chillin with master splinter.
    Great thread.

4. Collapse Details

This is a great thread, I'd like to add for anyone who does not know this, seeing as i think this comes under harm reduction, that E's can have DXM in them,
    So imagine taking DXM then later on taking MDMA in an E.

Im only saying this as i experienced serotonin syndrome from mixing of those 2 (10 days apart however) 200mg mdma, then 10 days later 800mg DXM but the experience was really and truly a horrible one.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Is it harm reduction questions only or can I ask other its-my-first-event-ever-and-I-don't-know-what-to-expect type stuff?

6. Collapse Details

Make sure to drink water and don't push the limits because you're at a festival guys!
    One of the main things I see when I'm playing a show is kids high as fuck on pills, and I talk to most of them because they're not that much younger than me (a few years) and I usually ask them how much pills they're on and they say like 7-10, it's fucked. Also I try to give free water out at most of my events, but sadly bottled water isn't that cheap when you need like 300 bottles D:

7. Collapse Details

Www.pillreports.com & a beach town on the west coast. Www.pillreports.com & on my toilet pooping. I also can be found chillin with master splinter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinitee View Post
    Is it harm reduction questions only or can I ask other its-my-first-event-ever-and-I-don't-know-what-to-expect type stuff?
    Ask away just follow the guidelines

8. Collapse Details

I'm happy to allow discussion on advice on how to schedule drugs for multiple day/hour events, we do not allow threads that directly ask "what should I take?", but feedback in regards to safety of doses, drugs and combinations is fine.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Reality View Post
    Make sure to drink water and don't push the limits because you're at a festival guys!
    One of the main things I see when I'm playing a show is kids high as fuck on pills, and I talk to most of them because they're not that much younger than me (a few years) and I usually ask them how much pills they're on and they say like 7-10, it's fucked. Also I try to give free water out at most of my events, but sadly bottled water isn't that cheap when you need like 300 bottles D:
    this is true .. at an event you dont really need to dose that high .. you have so many things around you that can boost up your roll that it really is a waste to take more then 3 pills, your better off taking more after you get out .. just being in a festival without drugs is a high it self.. also word of advise for those who like to dance , DONT force yourself to dance if your feeling floored just sit and relax..

10. Collapse Details

I want to try the mints, but im from CALI
    has anyone rolled three days in a row? was it worth it??
    how long was your break before that binge and how long did you wait to roll again after?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fernsal1 View Post
    has anyone rolled three days in a row? was it worth it??
    how long was your break before that binge and how long did you wait to roll again after?
    I've made the poor decision of rolling 2 days in a row, which I advise against. I did this with many friends during my birthday party in Vegas, the second day was not nearly as strong, and most of us had brain zaps and depression for some time to follow. Take a look at the list of threads on ED and you'll notice a decent amount of "getting my mind back" and "what's wrong with me?" posts from people who feel regretful and frightened by the outcome over overdoing MDMA.

MDMA by it's nature is not a chemical to be treated casually or played with. It depletes serotonin, which is a vital neurochemical. You greatly increase your risk for Serotonin Syndrome by doing this.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin_syndrome

In general the minimum wait time for receptor repair and serotonin itself is thought to be 30 to 90 days. You can certainly make an exception and break this rule shortening it to 2-3 weeks every now and then without massive risks, but attempting to do 3 months worth of rolling 3 days is just abusive. Typically, when MDMA is newer to you, you "honeymoon" it and cheat the rules, and it takes a few months to catch up to you with evident down regulation of your 5-HT1 receptors. That does not mean you should push the limit and see what happens.

There is no magical trick, vitamin or supplement that can speed up the natural recovery you need- especially not to the extent that it's safe or OK to attempt 3 straight days of MDMA.

My recommendation, from experience of being quite abusive with MDMA, is to pick 1 day and roll. You can enjoy psychedelics, alcohol, weed, and other drugs the other days. I will be at a 3 day event in a few weeks, and I'm personally planning to roll on the middle day, and enjoy the afterglow (and perhaps some psychedelics) on the final day.

12. Collapse Details

It doesn't matter how long your break was before the 3-day binge, you are most likely still going to feel the side effects from it even if you have had a 3 year break beforehand. I've done this before at a festival, and although it was a great time I would personally not do it again. It's much better to use marijuana or alcohol on the other two days. I agree with Bsiren that I would roll on the middle day, but it kinda all depends on the schedule and who you want to see.

13. Collapse Details

I want to try the mints, but im from CALI
    if i were to roll on a friday then on sunday would taking piracetam on sunday help to make a difference in my roll? anyone ever tried this?

14. Collapse Details

As I've said above, no supplement can synthesize a months worth of receptor recovery. A day off is not a good idea.

15. Collapse Details

"Ill take a good bean if its Green n mean."
    any0ne else been thinkin that eatin the beans out in vegas will be not as good as whats usually good in So CAL?

:edit:

16. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    Im considering whether LSD should be taken the day before MDA at an event or if MDA should come first.. What do you gus think? I'm deciding not to mix the two since I want one for the other day.

17. Collapse Details

^ I'd take the mdma first only because taking lsd with serotonin depletion sounds not so fun.

18. Collapse Details

^ lsd first then mdma is how i do it.

19. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    I had shrooms once the next night after MDMA, I had a pretty good time .. But I failed to do any research on how this could effect you. I still haven't found much info about taking shrooms after MDMA, anyone with knowledge/experience care to shed some light?

My body felt fine but I'm wondering how that would effect brain chemistry?

20. Collapse Details

^ hippy flip is my buddys fav combo does it once a month, sometimes mush then mdma sometimes vice versa. Always enjoys himself.

21. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    Well I know shrooms are less toxic than aspirin lol, so I figure it shouldn't be a bad idea. To tell the truth I felt bright and exuberant the following few days. I still want to do more study on how the two effect you when taken so close together.

22. Collapse Details
    Question for experienced users... 
    Smile
    Yooo, ok so I have rolled on molly a couple of times already and have had a great time (obviously), no side effects really at all beside a little moodiness after the second time. Anyways, I'm heading over to a festival in NY this year, its gonna be 3 days of fucking sweeeet music, and I'm wonderin how often I can allow myself to roll during this 3 day period. The festival is the first weekend in september, and the only time im going to roll before it is first week in july, so I should have 2 months complete rest before the event. I was think of going through .7 on friday, taking sat off, and then going thru a whole g over sun? would this be terrible? could I do .4 each day? more or less than .7 fri and sun? I dont know, what would you all plan on doing, just imagine 3 consecutive days of music filled with all of your favorite artists.
    Last edited by Bearlove; 29-05-2011 at 12:47.

23. Collapse Details

oh and just some more info, the music is over a 12 hour period each day, its not like im doing .7- a g all at once haha, and I'd be doing molly

24. Collapse Details

Hmmm. first off there is no event names allowed, someone will edit that out if you don't. I don't know what kind of molly you are getting but a .7 dose is enough to seriously fuck someone up, especially if they are not experienced. This leads me to believe you may be getting ripped off. you should definitely not do a gram at a time either that is ridiculous. If you are planning on doing this much MDMA I would definitely advise only rolling one of the days, you can enjoy other drugs the rest of the festival. If you feel the need to roll twice, which isn't smart, then I would give yourself at least a two month break after this weekend. Have fun and be safe.

25. Collapse Details

Pillreports.com
    Almost two grams in a weekend is a hell of a lot of MDMA to be consuming! You really shouldnt need .7 of a g for a 12 hour event though and even the thought of doing a g in a 12 hour event makes me feel sick.

Why not trip/drink/speed/ket for two days and then use MDMA one day or mix it up a little and use smaller amounts of MDMA maybe topped up with some ketamine / lsd.

Ive done weekenders before and have stayed up dancing for the entire time - its great when your there but when the music stops and the comedown starts your in for one seriously rough time. If you dont like any of the other drugs then you could use two / three days in a row but try and get some sleep after the music stops and remember to eat something and stay hydrated.

Your going to feel like shit for a few days after this event so stock up with some multi vitamins etc

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast