• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Withdrawal Symptoms After Short Heroin Binges - Perhaps Mentally Induced?

MystiKasT

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I've been using heroin since June 16th, 2010. Since that time, I've been rotating between clean, subs, and heroin. During several spurts, I've been completely clean from heroin and subs for about 7 - 8 days. After not using subs or heroin for about a week, I would buy a bundle (of very high quality kensington heroin) and snort about 4 bags a day for 3 days. After the 3 days were up, I would go into what I perceived as withdrawal. I would get depressed, anxious, my legs would be restless, naseaus, diarehha, yawning, teary eyed etc. etc.

My question is, is it possible to really have those withdrawal symptoms after only 3 days of use? I've had withdrawal after only 1 day of use, but I'm convinced that it has to be mental. I know what severe withdrawal is like, and I think on that 4th day when I wakeup and all the dopes done, I kind-of send myself into a mental withdrawal, associating previous use of dope with now, no use of dope.

So, is it possible to go into PHYSICAL withdrawal after 1, 2, or 3 days use? Or is it all in my head? Also, this only happens when I use heroin exclusively. If I use heroin for 3 days, then subs for 2 days, and then on 6th day nothing, I have very minimal if any withdrawal.

Thank you.

Hey OP, I edited the name your thread to make it more descriptive but feel free to PM me if you don't like it.

It is certainly possible part of your symptoms are "all in your head", however at least some of it is from feeling a little crappy after several days of constant use. Likely a combination of both but the only real way to tell would be with some sort of double blind placebo study :)

With respect to the buprenorphine, it has a much longer half life than heroin so if you are very sensitive to acute withdrawal it kind of lets you down easier.

Thank you amapola, the thread title is a lot better than my original one.

I have a group of 3 friends (including me) and during the weekend we usually stay at one of our houses, do heroin all weekend long, then return to our home life. 2 of us are 'full-time' users. My one friend ,only uses heroin on the weekend that he is with me and our other friend,has no withdrawals after his 3 day use; but he has never been a long-time user. The most he has ever done was the 3-day binge. I have been clean for a week, then used during the binge, and had withdrawal while my other friend (the weekend warrior), who did the same amount and also didn't use the week leading up to the weekend, had no withdrawal. I can't figure it out. Maybe its just different for each person? Any insight guys?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I hear you.

My longest binge for h has been 4-5 days. My chipping has been going on for about 8 months, Ill get some every month or two.(No use of other drugs during my abstinence and rarely drinking) My longest ope binge was when I bought 20 40mg methadone pink biscuits. I did them all in about 8 days, stepping up dosage so that the last day I used like 160 mgs. (I was basically naive before this aside from about 20-30 vic and darv experiences. I have an innate heroic tolerance and I never get nauseous or puky, ever)

I usually binge before sleeping so I use for about 6 hours until Im ready to pass out. My stamps are id say .1 to .25, and a binge for me is 2-4 of them.

My acute WDs from single binge(2-4 bags):
I never get nauseas on or off, what I get is a strange fever deliriousness with a tad bit of confusion and separation from reality. I stumble over my words and just do not operate at 100%. I just plain old feel like shit. This should pass in about 24-36 hours.

Acute WDs from about 3 days:
As above but about 6-8 hours after last use my hair and nerves start to ache, like the gentle breeze on my arm hair feels tingly and achey, not pleasant as it should be. The next 3 nights or so I get crazy dreams and terrible CLAMMY nightsweats. This clammy sweatyness carries on during the day. Once I start to feel normal again I get a bluesy depression for about 2 weeks.

I get basically no GI effects, I did 3 bags last night and had a nice fulfilling shit about 10 hours after last ingestion. My high makes me very thirsty, I flood myself with water. If I am super spanked I have a hell of a time pissing. I have to take a shower to piss usually... its odd. The bladder retention is very present and annoying.

Last edited:
Latest binge. 5 stamps in 2 days, then got 10 more after 36 hours. Total binge 6 days. Stamps ranged from about .15 to .25 id say. 2-3 grams of decent enough skag.

Went to work after day 2 day binge, had that weird panicky delirious thing going on. It faded about mid shift. I work 13 hour days and there is a decent manual labor component in a loud industrial setting(in other words it sucks).

8 hours post last dose, (I binged about 4 stamps) hot flashes/chills kicked in with some stink junk sweats. I concurrently contracted a head cold which really makes the symptoms hard to differentiate. The rhinorea was much much worse than normal, and I think that and a post nasal itchy throat were due more to the infection than the WDs.

I missed two days of work due to this miserable condition. I withdrew for 4 full days, but had saved back 1/3 of a stamp to bring me down more gently. I did 2 tiny extremely miniscule bumps on days 1 and 2, which basically allowed me to sleep. Days 3 and 4 I felt sufficiently terrible so that I didn't want to do the rest.

Day 5 I decided to go to work, despite the chills and hot cold flashes from hell and nausea. I took 40mg of loperamide to make me feel better, and midshift I was getting minor 30 minute reprieves from the hot cold flashes and sweats. I felt like shit and only drank 2 sodas the entire 13 hour shift... This dehydration combined with the lope was a HUGE fucking mistake.

That night about 4 hours after work, so 4.75 days from last real usage I started to feel "ok". So I just did my last 1/3 of a bag. It didnt get me off, but my legs felt pleasant, I would say I got about 60% high, 100% being severe nodding with gasping for air breathing suppression. I felt great. Sickness abated except for runny nose.

Day 6, D day. I realize I havent had a proper shit in 3 days and I feel an iron gut. The fucking lope ruined me. I try 3 hours with intestinal cramping and exhaustive efforts on my parts with near blacking out and terrible shaking. This my friends, is a fecal impaction. The fleet did nothing, and in the end I bit the bullet and and just dug the fucker out chunk by chunk using an oral syringe to break it up. When I finally "won", I felt dehumanized having just spooned my clay shit from my exhausted and extremely sore nether eye. It took 36 hours to be able to sit comfortably, and another 12 for a proper shit which was still painful. That was this morning.

Today my symptoms were malaise and depression, and it made work pretty intolerable.

To all friends out there, use colace concurrent with high fiber cereal or metamucil. Also, avoid lope as it will kill your ass.

Oh, btw dude. The symptoms are not psychosomatic. The sleep sweats and hot cold flashes and shitiness are exactly what I experienced after my methadone binge and I didn't even know I was WDing. I figured it took much longer to be addicted.

Just based on anecdotal experience, if you've been dependent in the past and have gone through withdrawals, especially several times, you'll get dependent much quicker in the future.
What I mean is if a while ago it took you 1 and a half weeks of using daily to get wd symptoms, it may only take you 5-7 days of using now to get wd symptoms, given the same amount of daily use.

That's just what happened to me and a few others I've talked to about it. I can't speak for how common it is...

Hello all,

I've been using heroin since June 16th, 2010. Since that time, I've been rotating between clean, subs, and heroin. During several spurts, I've been completely clean from heroin and subs for about 7 - 8 days. After not using subs or heroin for about a week, I would buy a bundle (of very high quality kensington heroin) and snort about 4 bags a day for 3 days. After the 3 days were up, I would go into what I perceived as withdrawal. I would get depressed, anxious, my legs would be restless, naseaus, diarehha, yawning, teary eyed etc. etc.

My question is, is it possible to really have those withdrawal symptoms after only 3 days of use? I've had withdrawal after only 1 day of use, but I'm convinced that it has to be mental. I know what severe withdrawal is like, and I think on that 4th day when I wakeup and all the dopes done, I kind-of send myself into a mental withdrawal, associating previous use of dope with now, no use of dope.

So, is it possible to go into PHYSICAL withdrawal after 1, 2, or 3 days use? Or is it all in my head? Also, this only happens when I use heroin exclusively. If I use heroin for 3 days, then subs for 2 days, and then on 6th day nothing, I have very minimal if any withdrawal.

Thank you.

I go on 2-3 day opana binges from time to time. I get the runny nose, and other small side effects of WD after those few days. Opana hits your opiate receptors as hard as IV heroin, so we are on the same page here. If you are an addict, or long time user, you do have mild wd after a binge only a few days long. I actually feel pretty rough if I go that 4th day. Some of it may be in your head, but you can definitely start to develop physical dependence in just a couple of days with narcotics that are that strong. It is actually so bad for me that I will take about 500 micrograms of suboxone my first and 2nd day off to ease it a little bit.

Just based on anecdotal experience, if you've been dependent in the past and have gone through withdrawals, especially several times, you'll get dependent much quicker in the future.
What I mean is if a while ago it took you 1 and a half weeks of using daily to get wd symptoms, it may only take you 5-7 days of using now to get wd symptoms, given the same amount of daily use.

That's just what happened to me and a few others I've talked to about it. I can't speak for how common it is...

Yeah I completely agree with this. Now my general rule of thumb is 4 days of use in a row and I will be withdrawling. After 3 days I can feel minor symptoms but they can easily be managed with some pot or even some alcohol to take the mental edge off.

This is why I have such a problem chipping, because I want to go on 3 day binges and stop, but after 3 days, it's more of the physical aspect of wanting the drug rather than mental.

My problem is more of an acute withrawal due to high dose.

My friend will harf his guts out on 1/3 of a stamp. I do 3-4 of those same stamps in 6-8 hours.

My tolerance shoots to the sky, say after 2 month total abstinence, lets say day 1 takes 1.5 to 2 stamps to nod, day 2 takes 3-4. And day 3 I basically do whatever I have left and may not get off. Its quite expensive for me to buy 10-15 stamps, like a 1/4 of a paycheck.

I cant imagine what my dose would do if I had an unlimited amount for say 3 weeks... Im sure it would be ridiculous.

I go until my eyes start fluttering, that's when I know ive had too much. They flutter from side to side really rapidly. It makes reading things or focusing on anything impossible. This fluttering thing is not the same as the cross eyed morphine thing. Morphine makes me cross eyed lol. Ive had to evacuate my nose because I knew I just did too much. It is just after this that I will begin to pass out and wake up gasping for air.

So you do your dose, and then realize that for the last 3 hours you kept waking up absolutely gasping for air like fighting for you life.

Does anyone else experience this?

i have a question that i havent found the answer to yet. im on day 5 1/2 of H. withdrawals...the 2nd full night was the absolute worst and but im still not getting very good sleep and am very restless/exhausted at the same time. i know the best answer to my question is to not use again...and why would i even want to? but still. my question is this...when im at this stage of detox (pretty much over) and i used one time am i going to go through all the withdrawals again or would it actually ease me through the not being able to sleep part? i really, really need sleep and have no access to any sort of benzo or tranquilizers of any sort.

Last edited:
i have a question that i havent found the answer to yet. im on day 5 1/2 of H. withdrawals...the 2nd full night was the absolute worst and but im still not getting very good sleep and am very restless/exhausted at the same time. i know the best answer to my question is to not use again...and why would i even want to? but still. my question is this...when im at this stage of detox (pretty much over) and i used one time am i going to go through all the withdrawals again or would it actually ease me through the not being able to sleep part? i really, really need sleep and have no access to any sort of benzo or tranquilizers of any sort.

If sleep is your main issue, research the supplements Melatonin, Valerian Root, and Passion Flower extract. They all work WONDERS for my sleep/night time anxiety. Especially Passion Flower, it's probably the closest thing to a benzo you can get at a vitamin store. Not all supermarket pharmacies have them bt

I'm likely buying the same kensington dope you are. And I noticed that it definitely has a "kindling" effect sort of like benzos, in that each withdrawal comes on faster and more intense. Even now if I'm clean for a week, and shoot up just one time, I'll feel worn out and very sore the next day, with runny nose. I've probably had actual withdrawal over 100 times, so I do believe that it gets worse and comes on faster the more you go through it.

So yeah, one day of heavy use will have me feeling sore, depressed, and lethargic.

Wow bro those symptoms are literally the very same that I have when stopping h. With a few more. I wake up and my muscles and joints feel like unpleasantly burning. Serious aches, and holy fuck the clammy sweatiness. All those other WD sym. You listed are the very same shit I go through. Delirium. Fucked up dreams. Plus many more of course

Have been using about a little under a bun per day for 3 weeks. (Had an issue with dope 3 years ago) 9 pm was my last high (snort). At 7 am this morning while waking up for work I could feel the wd symptoms beginning. Really bad runny nose, shivering, and obviously the stomach issues to go along with bare able muscle and joint pain. Around 725 I took 2 mg of Suboxone film. Half hour later I felt brand new. Almost all symptoms disappeared. On my lunch break, noon, I took one more MG of Suboxone. No longer issues with wd at the moment. I'm working, talkative, in a good mood. Complete opposite of when I woke up. I still have 5 mg of suboxone left, but I might save that for a rainy day,God forbid I end up using again. Was thinking about grabbing a xanax but decided against it. I hate Wd's, but I love the high. Sucks so hardddddd.

This happened to me. I used H for about four months then took a much needed break from it. I decided to do it for three days straight then I couldn't get it anymore. I felt like I had the flu. I would get really hot and sweat then get cold but the blanket was thrown off as soon as I put it on. I didn't want to get out of bed, just sleep all day. Not to mention the extreme nauseous feeling I had but never got sick. Withdrawal is so horrible. I'm glad to say I don't have to deal with H anymore.

Well personally I’m in b.c but I’ve been clean a while my buddy calls me up and wants to give me 3 bags to try apparently all different stuff it was more or less pure fentanyl and caffeine as a filler the first point almost killed me I dropped in the snow after I barely made it outside Walmart woke up two hours later frozen and blue after that I did half point at a time for a few more days was prolly high about three days after being clean for a month straight now I haven’t had strong withdrawals as I’m on methadone but every night I toss and turn and wake up and my bed is soaked this has gone on three nights now last night was so bad I didn’t even go to work today