• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

vicoden after suboxone

maximumstrength2

Bluelighter
I dont take suboxone daily but took 1mg yesterday for pain I was having in my tooth, I went and got it pulled today will the vicoden they gave me even kill the pain?

If the 1mg Suboxone isn't killing the pain I seriously doubt a Vicodin will kill the pain. It certainly could help though...

What amount (mg) of hydrocodone is in the Vicodin in question?

no i took the suboxone for the pain yesterday and got the tooth pulled today im just wongering if the suboxone will block the effects even though it was only 1mg one time I plane on taking 60mg of hydrocodone

subs hog your receptors, not sure how long subs last but if there still in effect it wont work

In my opinion you need to wait at least 24 hours. If I want to feel the full effects of another opiate I generally have to wait 48 hours but I'll still feel it to a certain degree after 24.

Correct me if I am wrong, but 60mg of Hydrocodone today will probably overwhelm the effects of the 1mg of suboxone you took yesterday.

I am assuming you have a really high tolerance for opiates as you have access and experience to suboxone. Will the 60mg be a single dosage or for the entire day? For the opiate naive, that would be more than adequate spread out through the entire day. As a single dose it would be a very large single dose for an opiate naive person.

Good luck and be safe.

Correct me if I am wrong, but 60mg of Hydrocodone today will probably overwhelm the effects of the 1mg of suboxone you took yesterday.

What i always thought was that it takes up the receptor spots and i dont think that just because you do more it will work, plus why do more and waste them?

Ive taken 80mg of hydro a day after snorting 4mg of sub. To feel the full effects of the hydro, it's best to wait 36-48 hours, but as I stated before, I've felt some effects a day after snorting sub. It might not be what your used to, but the longer you wait the better the buzz.

I've been there done that, it all depends on your tolerance, metabolism and how opiate naive you are. As previously stated, 60 mg at once is a moderate dose even for someone with a decent tolerance to hydrocodone, that dose 24 hours later would certainly have an effect, considering you only took 1mg on one occasion. By 48 hours it won't matter that you took the suboxone, you should feel full effects and the 60 mg would most likely feel stronger than if you had just waited 24.

im not expecting to feel much i have been off suboxone for 90 days but i used to take 2 80mg oxys at a time back in my heavy usage days

it's not going to completely diminish the pain, but it can dull it. i'm sure it's better than nothing. combining it with some pain killers can help. i think there's an ointment on the market that numbs the area you apply it to. i would try that.

Lets not forget what he posted and what he was asking about. Pain control - not the ability to get a buzz in this situation. A buzz would be a bonus!

maximumstrength2, I hope you will come back and upate us on the options you exercised and the results achieved. There a some suboxone experts here at BL, but there are many of us have limited knowledge and experience with it, especially when it comes to needing to jump back on some opiates temporarily for real pain control.