• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana and lungs

DooMMooD

Bluelighter
so i've been doing a LOT of opana lately (like 2-3 a day average), and its REALLY REALLY taking its toll on my lungs. It feels like ive been smoking 10 packs a day. I KNOW opanas can cause silicosis. I really hope i dont have that because its pretty bad. I'm hoping its just the best case and ONCE I STOP, I'll be able to breathe normally again.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with opanas?

As I said, I know already that opanas can cause silicosis and other lung problems. Do you think that that is what is manifesting?

I'm guessing most people's advice would be to "quit ASAP or switch to a different ROA" but you all know oxymorphone BOA besides nasal is awful. And I dont touch the needle, so its either that or back to another opiate (which, when compared $ wise and strength is very unwise).

Any advice on how to ease the suffering? Some days lately i stay up at night hacking my brains out, but it doesn't even it help in the slightest. It's like theres phlegm but at the same time no phlegm. Its really scary, not being able to breathe as well.

JUST FYI: I have horrible allergies too and 'tis the season (i got allergy injections for 10+ years), so that is probably compounding the issue. And maybe its made me DEVELOP asthma (allergies, pills, etc; i never had it before).

Just as i've been saying: i'm wondering if its the pills, allergies, or BOTH?

Sorry for long post, just dunno whom else to ask or where to ask it. Kinda hard to go into a doc saying "so hey, my lung's have been off lately. Is it all the opana i've been snorting?" hah.

I suggest the same as acid_staind- rectal/plugging opana and also, then try to taper down because ime, opana is so strong that it increased my tolerance sooo much to the point where ceiling level suboxone had no effect.

Go get checked out.

As for safer method to snort... Is it possible to dissolve the Opanas? (I don't know how feasible that is, I've never done them.)

Yeah if you can get it into solution instead of snorting the powder it will help.
Much more effecient intranasal is a method with blowing into a straw to automatically close off your larynx. The link about silicosis above is interest and has some other good links within it as well.

I cant decide whether to go to the ER or wait a week for my doctor...I can barely walk up a flight of stairs without having to gasp for breath and wheeze. I cant get comfortable at all, cant sleep easily at night, and I am very scared...I think I just answered my own question.

Guys: BE CAREFUL OF THESE! I'm not even 20 yet after a few weeks of these it feels like i have the lungs of an 80 year old smoker. I know everyones different, but do you want to be the other person who ends up like I do at 19? Christ, i'm scared...

I've been snorting heroin for a year now and when I go on very heavy binges, I will feel close to death. Not from overdose, but from an excrutiating pain my my chest (usually after I smoke a cigarette). It feels as if my lungs are collapsing, I start to panic and it just makes it worse. I'm convinced its the combination of snorting and smoking. Its very scary, several times I thought I was done for. Its the weirdest thing, like a tightening in my chest, afraid to take a breath.

I had the same thing happen... Went on a bit of a binge and was doing these for several weeks straight. I sounded like a fish out of water! Same deal, as though I'd been smoking 80 packs a day. It was insane.

I eventually had to be prescribed two inhalers. This helped some. After a month, I was fine, though my lungs were still not back to 100% where they were; it seemed like after nearly two years of on and off use, I've developed some asthma or some sort of respiratory damage, I dunno.

One thing to mention: while this is a real thing, keep in mind that it's probably a combination of factors. I, too, have seasonal allergies, and I know those were hitting right about the time I was slamming the other stuff. Also, I got obsessive over it... I was trying to cough super deeply to clear out my lungs, but the coughs were not very productive. Trying this over and over just made things worse. Then thinking "omg my lungs are collapsing" or "my lung tissue has been destroyed", etc, just makes things worse as it induces panic and rumination.

If I were you, I'd do this:

1) Stop snorting anything
2) Stop smoking anything (at least for a couple of weeks)
3) Go to a clinic doc and get an inhaler(s), to have on hand at least
4) Take some vitamin C
5) Stop ruminating; play some video games or do whatever makes you comfortable and gets your mind outside of your head
6) Get LOTS of sleep (no joke)--Sleep was always the "oh, whatever, that's trivial" thing for me, but when I started getting quality sleep (in bed before 11PM), I felt 500x better. This is how your body heals itself.
7) You should get better.

I agree with the other poster, too, who said these are just too strong. They really do jack your tolerance up so high... One time I got a handful of OCs and/or Roxys to "taper off" from the Opanas. I went through them in a day and hardly felt anything.

Bleh. I love opiates. But I surely do hate them sometimes too. I wish they didn't make feel so goddamn like what I think a normal person is supposed to feel like.

This is probably an allergic reaction to the inactive ingredients.

I can completely sympathize with you. Let me start by saying that I has been snorting OC's & OP's for about 3 years. I know a very good microwave method for the new OP's which he's been doing for over a year. That can be another post though. Over this course of time, I has also snorted Dilaudids and heroin at some point. Both of these drugs produced identical symptoms after about 4 - 7 days of use..... EXTREME wheezing and coughing. Even though swim does snort opiates, he stays in great shape. However, his level of fitness was no match for the dilaudids and heroin. Actually, the more pure the heroin was, the less it bothered SWIM... so that right there tells you that it's the BS that the dealers cut it with. Actually, I has discovered that dilaudid and dormin (commonly used to cut heroin) have some identical ingredients. My best guess is that it's an allergic reaction. I will stick with the OP's only now because they have never given him any problem whatsoever. Several weeks ago, I had to sleep upright for over a week and several times woke up severly wheezing and coughing and unable to catch his breath just sitting down! Once again, remember, I'm a very active person who does lots of cycling and P90X....but was no match for this. If heroin was available over-the-counter at the pharmacies as it was 100 years ago, it wouldn't have these nasty additives. BTW, I also tried mixing a little water with the H and plunging into the nose...this did not help matters at all as the wheezing continued to progress. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.. It ain't worth it. Try something else! For those interested, I can give the simple, proper instructions on microwaving the new OP's....much less complicated than many of these posts I reads.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey bro, we don't SWIM here or participate in any water sports.

The only thing I would suggest beyond what has already been suggested is that you find some IR Opana (only come in 5 and 10mg) and use those instead as they are as benign as a generic Dilaudid, which is to say, pretty benign for a pill.

Insufflating anything can cause respiratory problems as I'm sure we're all aware but opana has one of the poorer reputations in that field. I'd wait a day or two and if it gets worse or persists, seek medical attention, ya feel? In that day or two period, lie low from anything damaging to the lungs and see if it helps.

I don't think it's anything specific about the pill. I get good old fashioned bronchitis from snorting too much stuff. To the point that I cough up mouthfuls of stuff, and yes you can barely walk up a flight of stairs. I've never felt so terrible in all my life. I realized this was an issue when I would do lines off the back of toilets etc, I would end up sick relativity quickly. I have learned to be clean even when I'm just snorting something. There is bacteria everywhere, and sucking it into your nose purposely... bad....

Plugging is the only way to go if you have sinus problems. It is the only ROA I've used after snorting them first and living for a week umavle to breathe.

This ROA works very well if you follow basic plugging procedures. Almost too well until you get used to your dosage. Be careful because your tolerance climbs very quickly.
But what if your a old school mf'er and dont like putting things in your but?

How old school are we talkin? I'm semi old school and changed my view after reading about it here on BL. Yall sick bastards

i heard plugging is really sketchy, probably just as easy to od from plugging as banging. i usually insufflate opana as well i dont recommend pluggin.

How old school are we talkin? I'm semi old school and changed my view after reading about it here on BL. Yall sick bastards

Not comfortable with putting things in muh butt. Though I think there is nothing wrong with being gay!

i heard plugging is really sketchy, probably just as easy to od from plugging as banging. i usually insufflate opana as well i dont recommend pluggin.

Where did you hear this? And have you even tried this ROA?

That's what I meant when I said it works almost too well til you get used to the dose. Another words start small as possible and work from there if need be.

Not comfortable with putting things in muh butt. Though I think there is nothing wrong with being gay!

I don't put things in my but either except drugs. And who said anything about being gay? A syringe full of dope in tu culo es no problem. No mean u gay mane!