• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone... How long does the high last?

Violenza666

Bluelighter
I'm high on suboxone... Anyways it's a 24 hour pill correct? If so does the high last 24 hours? Thanks in advance.

Half life is ~37 hours, depending on your dosage and tolerance, that means the "high" could last anywhere close to that number.

I've noticed the "high" lasts 12-18 hours for me at least.

I recommend reading through the Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v12.0, it has all the information you could ever need about Suboxone/buprenorphine, including half-life information.

I don't know what you mean by a "24 hour pill" however.

Thank you! By 24 hour I meant it's taken once a day usually. Or Atleast that's what I understood from the site.

Damn I hope the high lasts that long.. Lol

Yes, the half life is 36 hours. The high you get off suboxone will last about 4-8 hours, but if you take it consistently you will stop getting euphoric high feelings after about two to three weeks..

Are you taking it recreationally or maintainance or detox?

You'll feel the suboxone high for about 8 - 12 hours. Then up until 24 hours you might just feel a little tingle. Then after 24 hours nothing.

As other posters mentioned, it's hard to tell you exactly how long the high will last.

However, like other long-acting opiates, Suboxone's anti-withdrawal effects much longer than the original "high" does, which is part of it's effectiveness as a maint. drug or a taper drug.

No I'm just taking it cause I ran short on my pain Meds this month due to a spring cleaning event from hell. So I got some suboxone from a friend. I'll only be using it for 8 days. Thanks!

Not a problem, some people experience different highs from Suboxone (buprenorphine), but it still is very effective at eliminating cravings/withdrawal symptoms.

Not a problem, some people experience different highs from Suboxone (buprenorphine), but it still is very effective at eliminating cravings/withdrawal symptoms.

Yea, oddly enough I'm not craving opana and roxis.. I'm actually on west broad street right now lol...

When I used suboxone for pain I found I could go 1-1.5 days between 2mg doses. It worked very well too.

The 1st time I snorted suboxone I was high for around 6 hours and went to bed, I woke up 6 1/2 hours later, and I was still high. Now I use subs when I can't afford other opiates, and the high comes and goes anywhere from 10-14 hours.

Perceptible euphoric high is obviously going to depend on many factors but here are some plasma levels illustrations.
bupe_half-life-graph.jpg

bupe22.jpg