• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

!!!Warning If You Snort Opana ER!!!

if telling the doctor would help them treat you better, then i would definitely tell them.

i'll keep you in my prayers OP and hope everything ends up working out. keep us updated if you can.

Last edited:
Tell your doctor and also talk to him about getting on subs. I have a friend who snorts opana and will not get on subs and it is ruining his life he is spending hundreds of dollars a week just to feel normal and able to function.

Tell your doctor and also talk to him about getting on subs. I have a friend who snorts opana and will not get on subs and it is ruining his life he is spending hundreds of dollars a week just to feel normal and able to function.

I have a script for my Opana from a pain clinic. I have been going to the same pain doc for five years. I suppose I am one of the "lucky" persons on this forum.

In that respect, at least....

if telling the doctor would help them treat you better, than i would definitely tell them.

i'll keep you in my prayers OP and hope everything ends up working out. keep us updated if you can.

I appreciate the well-wishes. I will definitely keep people updated.

Thanks alot for posting this i have never seen anything about this around bluelight.

Is it in agreement that you need to abuse these regularly and in large amounts or is it kind of a russian roulette thing?

This is unfortunate because i have a consistent hook up to these at very good prices. :(

Thanks alot for posting this i have never seen anything about this around bluelight.

Is it in agreement that you need to abuse these regularly and in large amounts or is it kind of a russian roulette thing?

This is unfortunate because i have a consistent hook up to these at very good prices. :(

Thanks! I really hope people see the potential seriousness of this issue. As far as it being russian roulette in small amounts, I would think it would be. I am sure that it could depend on your overall health and how one abuses their body in the future.

If one is asthmatic (they tend to have alveolar destruction in general), or has pulmonary issues in general, a small amount may be damaging. Also if one smokes, that could raise some issues, too.

Who knows, right? You might try plugging it. The bioavailability is higher than snorting. Carry around a syringe.... =D Just make sure to clean the ass off it first. ;)

>>>>>>>>UPDATE<<<<<<<<

Had my CT Scan this morning. No pulmonary embolism....but I pretty much knew that. Knowing how I have abused Opana ER in the past. They had a radiologist check the scan for the embolism before they would let me leave.

Will find out full results of lung scan within a couple days. I will post the results.

Sorry to hear your problems. I recently had some breathing/lung problems of my own. Over the past few weeks the only thing that significantly changed was that i started abusing 40mg opanas instead of 30mg roxis.

Also, 2 weeks ago as i said, the price dropped even LOWER, so i started doing 2-3 opana 40mg ers a day on average. i was getting VERY high off my 2nd opana of the day (usually with blues its alwaysss the first batch you do, be it 1 or 2), but if you do 2 at first and do 1 later it don't stack. oxymorphone lasts longer for me so i could do 1 in the morning, and my afternoon one would have me WRECKED! So, 2-3 a day on average for 2 weeks, and at least 1/day average for a few months.

ANYWHO to the good stuff: besides the normal opiate issues, i recently started having a hard time breathing. i have season allergies and chornic bronchitis, I also smoke (a QUARTER PACK A DAY, and the past weeks i knocked it off to 0-1 b/c of all my lung issues) so i attributed it to that, figured it would get better as always.

It didnt. this morning it was so bad that i had to go to the EMERGENCY ROOM. I could NOT breathe well at all. I am a young man (20 years old) and I walked up my flight of stairs and was so winded i had to sit down. I was wheezing and not getting anywhere NEAR enough air to my lungs. I was worried i had something that needed immediate attention like pneumonia or some fluid in my lung that had been building up, whatever. i was PETRIFIED.

I was TERRIFIED, let me tell you; That word doesn't even do it justice. I have never been so afraid in my entire life, honest to god. now i know why waterboarding is so effective at coercing and torturing; you do ANYTHING to breathe again., Your brain SCREAMS for oxygen, and despite all the gasping and breathing i was doing, it wasn't getting any; i would have said anything, paid anything, hurt ANYONE, to breathe. SO i got myself over to the hospital.

I have asthma now. I was having my very first asthma attack (classified as the 2nd highest category, theres like mild moderate, severe and "dire" or w/e the levels are called lol) which is why i was probably so freaked out, because i'd never had one and had no idea what was wrong (people who have known they have it since they were little are prepared for one, me being a 20 year old dude with no knowledge of it was caught TOTALLY OFF GUARD).

I have not had asthma in 20 years of my life, and suddenly out of left field i get it. I have allergy injections to keep my allergies under control, so that i wouldn't develop asthma, but still have anyway.

I have 0 concrete evidence, but the only thing that changed in my life in this time frame was snorting opanas (and eventually snorting more). I dont want to say 100% thats what caused my sudden, random appearance of young adult asthma, but it at the VERY LEAST contributed. after i snort an opana it feels off, not like a blue.

I'm done smoking now, done railing these guys like this. I AM SO LUCKY! Asthmas not no small thing, but at least its treatable: right after 2 rounds on the nebulizer at the hospital, i was 99% back to normal! Christ i was so relieved! I am lucky that its not something permanent (lung cancer, COPD, emphysema, etc). Because let me tell you guys, if this is what literally gasping to breathe and live feels like? I wouldn't want to be stuck with a permanent version....life would be unlivable.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST GUYS, just wanted to get my info out there. take my story for whats its worth. Correlation does not mean causation, everyone knows that. BUT just heed my warnings; the only thing honest and truly that changed was doing those, and suddenly i get asthma out of left field.

Be careful with these guys people, ANY PILLS for that matter. we dont realize how bad they really will be for our lungs till its too late. I am VERY FORTUNATE

sorry for the hijack. that's about the best description of how an asthma attack, apart from the inability to breath, feels I've seen. terrifying is right. I've just thought something though. they measure how impaired breathing is by using a peakflow meter, which measures how much air you can output at any one time, but surely the more important measure ought to be how much air you actually can breath in? non-peakflow breathing out can go on for quite a long time, while generally breathing in is a much shorter process.

Sorry to hear your problems. I recently had some breathing/lung problems of my own. Over the past few weeks the only thing that significantly changed was that i started abusing 40mg opanas instead of 30mg roxis.

Also, 2 weeks ago as i said, the price dropped even LOWER, so i started doing 2-3 opana 40mg ers a day on average. i was getting VERY high off my 2nd opana of the day (usually with blues its alwaysss the first batch you do, be it 1 or 2), but if you do 2 at first and do 1 later it don't stack. oxymorphone lasts longer for me so i could do 1 in the morning, and my afternoon one would have me WRECKED! So, 2-3 a day on average for 2 weeks, and at least 1/day average for a few months.

ANYWHO to the good stuff: besides the normal opiate issues, i recently started having a hard time breathing. i have season allergies and chornic bronchitis, I also smoke (a QUARTER PACK A DAY, and the past weeks i knocked it off to 0-1 b/c of all my lung issues) so i attributed it to that, figured it would get better as always.

It didnt. this morning it was so bad that i had to go to the EMERGENCY ROOM. I could NOT breathe well at all. I am a young man (20 years old) and I walked up my flight of stairs and was so winded i had to sit down. I was wheezing and not getting anywhere NEAR enough air to my lungs. I was worried i had something that needed immediate attention like pneumonia or some fluid in my lung that had been building up, whatever. i was PETRIFIED.

I was TERRIFIED, let me tell you; That word doesn't even do it justice. I have never been so afraid in my entire life, honest to god. now i know why waterboarding is so effective at coercing and torturing; you do ANYTHING to breathe again., Your brain SCREAMS for oxygen, and despite all the gasping and breathing i was doing, it wasn't getting any; i would have said anything, paid anything, hurt ANYONE, to breathe. SO i got myself over to the hospital.

I have asthma now. I was having my very first asthma attack (classified as the 2nd highest category, theres like mild moderate, severe and "dire" or w/e the levels are called lol) which is why i was probably so freaked out, because i'd never had one and had no idea what was wrong (people who have known they have it since they were little are prepared for one, me being a 20 year old dude with no knowledge of it was caught TOTALLY OFF GUARD).

I have not had asthma in 20 years of my life, and suddenly out of left field i get it. I have allergy injections to keep my allergies under control, so that i wouldn't develop asthma, but still have anyway.

I have 0 concrete evidence, but the only thing that changed in my life in this time frame was snorting opanas (and eventually snorting more). I dont want to say 100% thats what caused my sudden, random appearance of young adult asthma, but it at the VERY LEAST contributed. after i snort an opana it feels off, not like a blue.

I'm done smoking now, done railing these guys like this. I AM SO LUCKY! Asthmas not no small thing, but at least its treatable: right after 2 rounds on the nebulizer at the hospital, i was 99% back to normal! Christ i was so relieved! I am lucky that its not something permanent (lung cancer, COPD, emphysema, etc). Because let me tell you guys, if this is what literally gasping to breathe and live feels like? I wouldn't want to be stuck with a permanent version....life would be unlivable.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST GUYS, just wanted to get my info out there. take my story for whats its worth. Correlation does not mean causation, everyone knows that. BUT just heed my warnings; the only thing honest and truly that changed was doing those, and suddenly i get asthma out of left field.

Be careful with these guys people, ANY PILLS for that matter. we dont realize how bad they really will be for our lungs till its too late. I am VERY FORTUNATE

Wow - I am sorry to hear of your troubles. I can testify to how frightening it is when feeling like you are suffocating. I was bawling I was so scared and that only made it more difficult to breathe. It's great to hear that you will no longer snort Opana. :)

There must be a ton of people who are trying to figure out why they feel like shit when they rail Opana. I don't know about anyone else but I get really bad headaches after I snort them for several days - after I have been out of them for a while. Cuz I always run out of my script early.... :(

Anyhow, I appreciate and thank you for your story. I have a feeling this thread will become long as people start to come forward with their stories.

I am curious - what do these cost on the street?

<3

I was wondering if its really dangerous to snort the Opana generics that are like the old stop signs?

Is it really bad for the lungs & heart as mentioned by the OP of this thread?

I know this is an old thread but it was a nice read on how Opana is destructive towards the lungs.........

I have had lung issues and problems ever since I started snorting heroin 10 years ago. I get the same problems when I snort pills.

I also get the same lung congestion when I shoot heroin. There's significantly less congestion with shooting versus snorting. I've known a number of other posters on here who have experienced similar lung congestion.

Are you sure it's not something like that? Are you coughing up thick, chunks of mucus (sputum)? Does it get better right after you snort and then get worse as the drug wears off?

Last edited:
I have had lung issues and problems ever since I started snorting heroin 10 years ago. I get the same problems when I snort pills.

I also get the same lung congestion when I shoot heroin. There's significantly less suggestion with shooting versus snorting. I've known a number of other posters on here who have experienced similar lung congestion.

Are you sure it's not something like that? Are you coughing up thick, chunks of mucus (sputum)? Does it get better right after you snort and then get worse as the drug wears off?

I've never snorted Opanas before........I've only snorted 3 or 4 morphine pills in my life........I haven't ever snorted anything other pills. My gf was a snort machine & she finally stopped.

I guess from everything you wrote & everything I have read in this thread, I won't try Opana.

Oh well.......just wanted to see what all the hype was about.

I know this is an old post, but BEWARE of the newer generic Opana, and if you MUST use these intranasally, be sure and REMOVE THE WAX COATING!
Wax, in itself, deep in the lung tissue, will cause bad problems of it's own. Not to mention the self-creation of Lung Silicosis thru abuse.
It only takes a few years people, and you WILL QUICKLY START TO FEEL IT.
The bad feelings deep in the lungs come on like a speeding freight train.
Once you are at that point, you must, and I do mean MUST break the habit of snorting, at least in the old fashioned way, with all the fillers going down into your lungs.
If you don't you WILL DIE. And it's a painful, distressing, disturbing condition to have chronic deep tissue lung silicosis with ongoing infections.
It just plain HURTS and REAL BADLY! ALL THE TIME. It feels like there is a golfball stuck in your lungs, and at the same time, you feel a lot of pressure in the lungs as well as in your HEART.
The heart is directly affected by lung problems, and this is not the way you want to die.

Don't wait until it's too late.....

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS TO ME with the Global Pharma brand....and with any of the ABG/M style morphine. I had to be rushed to the hospital in Japan for this, the only thing that restores lung functions is Predisone and breathing treatments. Now if I snort anything with those abuse binders in it I have breathing issues....I've been trying to find more info on this for a few years now.