The productions thread - Part III!

i was feeling very dry.... spiritually and creatively for a couple weeks (adjustment from new years resolutions) then just realized something with music theory. i feel like i solved the the da vinci code rn.

I really dig this! What did you use for the drums?

I probably used a total of about 10 drum kits. All either ableton kits or NI ones. I played all the drum parts on pads and then just blended things together. Glad you liked it! cheers
!!

Thanks Joe! I feel like maybe I turned a corner with this one. cheers

i think you turned the corner as well. i recall you talking about wanting to step up your drums/percussion, you definitely did after the update.

steady whippin around corners, that's how we get down over here.

Last edited:
^^ nice Joe. I really like the vocal melody in that song. I'm not familiar with any of it. Whole production sounds really slick. nice work.

BTW, what was your music theory realization?

BTW, what was your music theory realization?

https://www.basicmusictheory.com/g-minor-triad-chords

https://www.basicmusictheory.com/g-minor-scale

i just realized how the chords all the same so the III chord in any minor is always a major. The G minor chord III is the Bb major chord.

i'm the slowest learner , but it all starting to click and how to come up with melody/chord progressions fast cause it's pretty much trusting your ear and process of elimination.

super happy with this. no chord progressions in this tho LOL . sometimes checkers not chess. ya dig what i'm saying...

Last edited:
put ur hands up for the remix , sorry they comin to ez rn LOL

Last edited:
Here's a good one for you. The relative minor of and major key is 3 semi tones lower. So Aminor is the same as Cmajor. Or Eminor is the same as Gmajor. I found that very helpful in many many ways.

o right. i recall someone mentioning a short cut to find out relative keys. good looks homie.

^ brilliant work, mark. i'm reminded of some obscure japanese pop artist that got down with similar jams. i take it that is your voice for the vocals... dig it man.

GUESS WHO LOL