• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

supplements for meth withdrawal/recovery

the_void

Bluelighter
supplements for meth withdrawal/recovery (updated with my new regimen and some q's)

I used meth for approx 3 months for most days out of the week. I've been off meth for about a week.

Looking for supplements to take to help my brain/body heal, hopefully someone more versed in this than me than help shed some insight as to what I should be taking...

I'm taking:
150mg x 3 milk thisle a day
1000iu vitamin d
Flax Omega 3 1000mg x 3 a day
300mg ferrous gluconate (cause I tend to be anemic otherwise)
1000mg magnesium oxide at night (will be picking up the chelate form asap)

I don't want to take l-tryptophan/5htp, it seems to give me chest pain anyway and i dont want to add to the 5ht2b agonism. Any changes or additions I should make? Particularly, is there anything I can take to help my heart?

Last edited:
Try a good chunk of vitamin c to help you against oxidative stress.

Vitamin b12/ vitamin b complex for nervous system recovery

and just make sure you eat. That is the most important thing is getting full diet - EAT EAT EAT. I know it's painful, but it will make you feel much much better. It will also help you sleep.

out of those I dug up some vitamin B12, 50mcg. Should I add this to the mix? How much and at what dosing frequency? Also I am vegetarian btw, and not really well informed about nutrition and whatnot.

I also have some Vitamin E gelcaps, 200IU. Would taking one of these a day for the next two weeks or so be of any benefit?

Last edited:
Vitamin E should give you for sure, as it helps cell communication and growth; as well as being a powerful antioxidant. 50mgc of vit b12 should be enough. Don't take any more than that though because in high doses it can become toxic.

Even though you are a vegetarian, try drinking a protein shake everyday.
And remember to get out in the sun!

I wish you the best on your recovery ;)
Good luck!

GM

Last edited:
thanks for the good wishes garden man.

im coming up 3 weeks now. im still on the same supplement regimen described above, though will be discontinuing the vit e in a couple days. ive started exercising again, 1-2 hours a day of walking plus half an hour of moderate exercise at the gym.

any recommendations for anything that might aid cardiovascular health? i feel as though my hearts been through quite a beating with my stim use.

^^fish oils and exersize mannn. they do WONDERS for cardiovascular health:)

okay, so my current regimen is as follows.., i have some questions:

150mg x 3 milk thisle a day
1000iu vitamin d
1000mg x 3 Flax Omega 3 a day (to be replaced with an algae source, I can't ingest fish oils or krill for reasons I rather not get into)
300mg ferrous gluconate (cause I tend to be anemic otherwise)
1 capsule vitamin B complex
1 evening bath in magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) at night (as opposed to picking up magneisum chelate)

I've also been experimenting with using l-tyrosine and l-phenylalanine (not at the same time) as ways to temporarily give me a dopamine/norepinephrine boost, without much success yet.

some questions

1) does the vitamin b complex interact in any way with l-tyrosine or l-phenylalanine? I don't want to fuck myself up worse.

2) Are there any other interactions at all that I should be worried about?

3) By taking magneisum sulfate in epsom salt bath form, does it still carry all the benefits it does when taken in oral supplement form?

4) finally, once again anything else I can add to help the damage done to my organs, particularly for cardiovascular health ? any dosages I should change?

Last edited:
does the vitamin b complex interact in any way with l-tyrosine or l-phenylalanine? I don't want to fuck myself up worse.

the b vitamins will help convert the amino acids into neurotransmitters, which is good:)

Are there any other interactions at all that I should be worried about?

i think some of the supplements wont be absorbed as well if you take the gluconate at the same time as everything else,so you might want to take them seperately

By taking magneisum sulfate in epsom salt bath form, does it still carry all the benefits it does when taken in oral supplement form?

im not sure :\ why not just take an oral supplement?

finally, once again anything else I can add to help the damage done to my organs, particularly for cardiovascular health ? any dosages I should change?

use the flax omega for a few weeks, and let us know how you feel. if your feeling better than stick to that, if you dont feel anything different than you might wanna switch it up and do some more research. try doing some cardiovascular exersize (walking, running) that'll help:)

hope this helps, best of luck:)