Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Nutmeg Oil/25 drops) Psychedelic & Euphoric

StaySedated

Bluelighter
25 drops- nutmeg oil

i get good effects from nutmeg, so i thought i'd give nutmeg's essential oil a try. all the compounds that give nutmeg it's psychedelic effects are in the essential oil. i took it with black pepper to potentiate(affects it's metabolism in the liver).

i took the oil mixed with something sour(sour completely masks the horrible taste). note nutmeg oil is faster acting than nutmeg powder.

+0:00- ingested oil, started watching t.v.

+2:00- stoned feeling completely identical to strong weed, weed like euphoria, some dry mouth. this persists for an hour and a half.

+3:30- weed feeling shifts to a more psychedelic experience with mild visuals(geometric patterns, things seem to gilmour and sparkle), a more defined euphoria similar to MMDA and mescaline, mild dissociation, shifts in perception, and though patterns similar to lower doses of LSD or mescaline. there is also some empathogen effects, not like MDMA or MDA but definately there.

+4:30- the experience peaks, same effects but a bit stronger.

+7:00- my girlfriend(whos also my lawyer, buts thats a different story) comes home, completely unaware that i'm tripping. she comes to say hi to me and talk and i looked a bit "lost" and had a blank stare. after a while she asked if i was on something, i told her i was just tired and i had a few drinks. she bought it.

+7:30(i think)- she goes to change in my bedroom and i follow her as i was very horny and wanted to have sex. nutmeg seems to greatly enhance sex. she said yes and we had sex, which was was excellent. shortly after we decided to call it a night, and i sept for a good twelve hours(and woke up feeling great).

nutmeg oil was a great psychedelic, not super powerful(like LSD) but fun and worthwhile. its effects can be compared to weed, mescaline, and MMDA(lower doses of the last two). there was no nausea nor was it difficult to get down.

i highly recommend it.

i've heard conflicting reports about this substance (there was some drama with 69ron and other people at the 'topia about it if i remember correctly), it's good to hear a positive one. but mostly i'm just jealous you got your hands on some MMDA :). you are one lucky so-and-so. this was your first time with the oil, correct? my only question would be what the duration would be like if you hadn't fallen asleep, but i guess there's no way of knowing. please post back though if you try this again and get a good handle on the duration. one of the only things really keeping me from experimenting with nutmeg is its extreme length.

EDIT: erp, it was actually at dmt-nexus and about elemi oil.

i've heard conflicting reports about this substance (there was some drama with 69ron and other people at the 'topia about it if i remember correctly), it's good to hear a positive one. but mostly i'm just jealous you got your hands on some MMDA :). you are one lucky so-and-so. this was your first time with the oil, correct? my only question would be what the duration would be like if you hadn't fallen asleep, but i guess there's no way of knowing. please post back though if you try this again and get a good handle on the duration. one of the only things really keeping me from experimenting with nutmeg is its extreme length.

EDIT: erp, it was actually at dmt-nexus and about elemi oil.

duration would be simlar to regular nutmeg without the long time to come up. if you do it expect to trip for about a day.

also in my experience nutmeg oil is stronger than elemi oil.

this intrigues me. one question, how much pepper did you use, and how did you ingest it?

sounds fun.. it there anyway to know weather youll have a good or bad reaction ? heard most people have bad trips not good

and coulndt you put the nutmeg oil in an eyedropper and drop it straight down your throat so you dont have to taste it ?

StaySedated – If you liked nutmeg oil, you should look into elemi oil, and even more so... "oilahuasca" (a combination of nutmeg oil, elemi oil, and a few other things that someone dubbed under that name). It's an interesting frontier, for sure.

I messed with whole nutmeg nuts when I was a teenager and out of pot, and I experienced the same enjoyable effects you describe in your report. It feels almost identical to an oral dose of a powerful indica strain of cannabis complete with euphoria, music enhancement, giggles, and a really really nice heavy body high that's slightly different but almost identical to cannabis.

It really does feel like nutmeg oil stimulates cannabinoid receptors in a very small percentage of people, while the vast majority just get nausea and a very unpleasant experience, so I guess we're just lucky, huh?

I haven't messed with it in 9 years, but this report makes me want to give the pure oil a try sometime in the future. I prefer cannabis or a good oral synthetic mix, but nutmeg nuts helped me a LOT when I was out of weed and depressed as a teenager.

StaySedated – If you liked nutmeg oil, you should look into elemi oil, and even more so... "oilahuasca" (a combination of nutmeg oil, elemi oil, and a few other things that someone dubbed under that name). It's an interesting frontier, for sure.

i didn't get much psychedelic effects from elemi oil, and it didn't have a lot of euphoria.

and "oilhuasca" sounds downright toxic as these oils aren't very good for you.

Sourcing isn't allowed. Google search is your friend. I've eaten ground up nutmeg a few years ago. It was the first drug I ever tried and when I later tried cannabis I noticed how similar they were.
Had a real good time on nutmeg with crazy bodyload. It felt like gravity shifted all the time and I had to move my body accordingly to it.
I also got mad munchies, I have never had that crazy munchies before, not even on weed.
The only bad thing about it was the unquenchable thirst. Felt like a layer of fat in my mouth that the water just bounced off. This led to a stomach ache because i drank so much water.

Last edited by a moderator:
nutmeg is a great drug. but in my experience a tsp of freshly ground is about as puissant as a tbsp of preground. never tried oil though

To those of you that enjoy Nutmeg Oil (Myristicin)... have you tried Elemi oil (Elemicin)?

What are your thoughts/speculations?

Would you be able to get high off of just the powder? if so how? Ingest, smoke, snort? just curious.

wow OP is this real life? lol it sounds too good to be true i need to get my hands on some nutmeg oil now

yo

I know this is an old thread but there are so many misconceptions about nutmeg.. yes nutmeg powder is antichologenic (bad spell im lazy) but the essential oil is NOT. The oil has none of the unpleasant side effects of nutmeg powder or ground whole nutmeg. ANd that guy who said safrole isnt psychoactive is simply wrong.. safrole is definately psychoactive!! And nutmeg oil is an awesome psychoactive with very pleasant effects and no dry mouth or other BS... so many people still assume the oil is the same as the powder, they are not! The oil doesnt contain any of the crap that causes bad effects in the powder. Its quite similar to a mild mdma and in larger doses after pre-dosing with black pepper powder or oil it can be an awesome party drug...
the powder is ok as a milkshake or added to hot chocolate in small doses for a mild effect, but in large doses the powder can be darn right awful.. dont bother.. oil is the go!

Would you be able to get high off of just the powder? if so how? Ingest, smoke, snort? just curious.

2-3 grams in my bum gave me visions of the future before things actually happened.
I still can't explain it.

Weird about the reports of it greatly enhancing sex, as I found nutmeg (whole nuts grated to a fine powder, not oil) to massively reduce sex drive and ability to get an erection. So much so that my girlfriend had wanted to have sex and I couldn't even do it for 2 days (the day of the experience and the next day), nor did I really want to (I mean I did, intellectually, but my body didn't).

Then again I find it's very hard to get it up and I have no sexual desire on things like MDMA either, whereas some people say it's the best sex aid ever. However dopamine stimulants are great for that for me. As are some psychedelics.

Chewed two nutmeg once. Worst taste in the world, felt only a stoned effect like after 3-4 joints at T+2:00. Abdominal pain for the entire following day..