Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ibogaine

88brenno

Greenlighter
Ibogaine:

I know it is a schedule 4, im not trying to source it just wondering if anyone has tried to order the plant say off ebay would there be any objections to owning/importing it as it is (a plant)

I hear it is very good at stopping addiction with just 1 or 2 maybe 3 doses and IMO after watching videos on youtube, that is probably why it is illegal or not available strictly under medical supervision in a clinic, because of the profit margin made from the big pharma companies...

edit: Ibogaine is clearly illegal to import into Australia without a license, it is "Schedule IV" in the import laws: AU Import Regulations. Customs import restrictions would thus make any plant (such as Iboga) material that contains any amount of ibogaine subject to the Schedule IV import restrictions. Shaman Australis reports that plants containing ibogaine are blocked from import. Tabernanthe iboga, the plant, is not controlled within the borders of Australia and there is no evidence of addiction or widespread use of this plant. See Shaman Australis for more information. (Last updated Aug 2008)

Has anyone tried Tabernanthe iboga ??

Last edited:
From wiki:

Addiction treatment

Outside Africa, iboga extracts as well as the purified alkaloid ibogaine are used in treating opiate addiction. The therapy may last several days and upon completion the subject is generally no longer physically dependent. One methadone patient said in the Dutch behind-the-news show NOVA that in just four days he reached a state that normally would have taken him three months, but without the agony. Evidence suggests that ibogaine may also help to interrupt addiction to alcohol and nicotine. The pharmacological effects are rather undisputed with hundreds of peer reviewed papers in support but formal clinical studies have not been completed.
In the United States these clinics are illegal but exist nonetheless, providing treatment for a wide variety of addictions.[2]

Now my question: they say LSD cures alot of things, maybe its because i have repeatedly used it but it didn't really cure me just enlightened me. Would this be the same for ibogaine, (keeping in mind its alot more intense/longer than LSD) so maybe its different...?

If buying from an online vendor within Australia, would phoning customs help me or would that help them add it to their "DANGEROUS AND BANNED" substances list?

Last edited:
It seems there are a few NOT GOVERMENT LICENSED treatment places in Australia. (It is very pricey but you would pay alot more staying on methadone or similar and not to mention methadone is bad for you)

I will not post info here but if your really desperate, the answers are out there.

UTFSE: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-438916.html my bad....

Last edited:
^ How is methadone bad for you?

It requires permission and permits to import, and Australian Customs is very strict on importing plant material. I'd say they are almost more likely to pick up plant material being imported then RC's, due to how concerned about quarantine they are.

Also, there is no need to triple post; you can just edit your original post using the 'edit' button.

Good luck finding it, man. If it's anywhere in Australia I'll be amazed. Probably way harder to locate than salvia. I'm going to start looking, will probably need to search abroad.

Google ibogaine for the addiction thing. It's quite a lot more powerful than LSD at curing addiction.

Good luck finding it, man. If it's anywhere in Australia I'll be amazed. Probably way harder to locate than salvia. I'm going to start looking, will probably need to search abroad.

Google ibogaine for the addiction thing. It's quite a lot more powerful than LSD at curing addiction.

I saw an online vendor (within AUS) selling the species erowid says is not scheduled within borders of AUS.

You should really do it with someone who knows what their doing and checks you out before hand to make sure your fit and ready/healthy, and guide you through the experience. This is what I have read and you can get people to do that for you in Australia, thou seek and thou shall find but its not government licensed so thats the only drawback and other reasons posted before... :)

^ How is methadone bad for you?

It requires permission and permits to import, and Australian Customs is very strict on importing plant material. I'd say they are almost more likely to pick up plant material being imported then RC's, due to how concerned about quarantine they are.

Also, there is no need to triple post; you can just edit your original post using the 'edit' button.

This is why i was asking if it was a good idea to call customs and confirm that particular species as far as i know is not scheduled within the borders of AUS

see: METHADONE IS AS BAD AS oxy. YOUR LYING TO YOURSELF (with comments) http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/T8R9O8HE70FRB0OIU

MMT Negatives
While on methadone you remain physically dependent on opiates. You will need to follow your dosage routine exactly to keep withdrawal symptoms down.
Methadone therapy is controversial, and there can be a stigma attached to participating in an MMT program. Employers cannot by law discriminate against you, but they may not be impressed to find you are "addicted to methadone".
Methadone maintenance can be a very long term commitment. Some people stay on methadone for decades, some forever.
For the first while (long while) you will have to go to a methadone clinic every day to take your dose under supervision. This can make work, travel and family life more difficult.
You may have to give urine samples under supervision.
You may find that methadone has unpleasant side effects. Some people find that methadone makes them feel "foggy". Others complain of weight gain, sexual side effects, tiredness and aches and pains. Everyone reacts differently to methadone.
Methadone is an opiate and you can overdose on it. If you take too much methadone, or combine methadone with certain other medications, there is a risk of death.
Methadone is physically addictive and a methadone detox is difficult and painful.
Methadone is a long lasting opiate. This is an advantage for maintenance therapy, (you don't need to take it more than once a day) but it means that withdrawal symptoms will last for a longer duration than would occur during withdrawal off of a drug like heroin. Withdrawal can take a month or more.
It's a very effective treatment for addiction, but it comes at a price. It works very well and is well tolerated by some, and others find it unbearable. It is not something to take lightly, but it is something that can work.

Last edited:
That'd be ideal, but treatment centres are very expensive. Ibogaine is somewhere way down the line on psychadelics I want to experience, but it sounds amazing and life-changing. At any rate though, I'm not addicted to anything and I'm in good shape, so I should be fine. Just a matter of where and how.

By the way, I only heard about it a little over a week ago, at a screening for a film called 2012: A Time for Change. It sounds like the psychonaut's grail.

That'd be ideal, but treatment centres are very expensive. Ibogaine is somewhere way down the line on psychadelics I want to experience, but it sounds amazing and life-changing. At any rate though, I'm not addicted to anything and I'm in good shape, so I should be fine. Just a matter of where and how.

By the way, I only heard about it a little over a week ago, at a screening for a film called 2012: A Time for Change. It sounds like the psychonaut's grail.

I never heard of it before either but Dr Rick Strassman (MD) wrote me an email and in it said ibogaine was non-addictive and very good for withdrawing from drugs. I have discovered through research it is good for other reasons too.

Its not a recreational drug, but you could use it once for reasons other than addiction. Please consider the following before you decide its right for you:

With ibogaine treatment now more available than ever before, in an ever-widening range of settings, more and more knowledge about the drug is gathering. At the time of writing, March 2007, one thing that is becoming increasingly clear is that there is a reasonable degree of risk associated with taking the drug. At least 12 people are recorded as having died in connection with taking ibogaine or other iboga substances over the last decade or so, and there is reason to believe that the number may be higher, with other deaths having occurred in non-clinical settings and without being recorded.

Here is some safety-related information about the drug:

- There is an inherent level of risk with ibogaine treatment. Twelve people are known to have died in connection with taking ibogaine or other iboga alkaloids. In actuality, the figure is likely higher, given that ibogaine is frequently administered in surroundings where people may be reluctant to contact the authorities in the event of something going wrong. Statistically, a ballpark figure for deaths during treatment is probably of the order of 1 in 300. (This is based on 12 recorded deaths having occurred within 3611 recorded treatments, outside of Africa, as of March 2007). The following factors have been identified as having caused death:

having a pre-existing heart condition, sometimes one not detectable by EKG
using opiates when on ibogaine, or shortly afterwards
using the rootbark or iboga extract. Ibogaine HCl is statistically much safer
taking ibogaine outside of a clinical facility. Persons taking ibogaine need constant supervision and, ideally, online heart monitoring
- Ibogaine is principally recognised for its ability to vastly reduce the symptoms of drug withdrawal, thus allowing addicts to detox relatively painlessly. Any other claims made for the drug, such as that it creates long-term drug-abstinence, or removes the effects of trauma or conditioning in either addicts or non-addicts, may have a degree of truth but are a great deal less substantiated.

- You must be medically tested before you take ibogaine. Proper clinical testing of heart and liver function are the absolute minimum. The site author is not aware of any reputable treatment provider who would allow you to take ibogaine without prior medical testing. Do not go with someone who does not insist on it. Ideally, you should have constant monitoring of heart function whilst on the drug, and medically-trained staff present.

- Beware of listening excessively to the advice of just one individual when deciding whether or not to take ibogaine. Ibogaine's effects can be life-changing, and it is common for someone who has had a very positive experience to do their utmost to "spread the message," possibly allowing their enthusiasm to override the very real concerns about safety.

- If you are thinking of taking ibogaine for personal development and haven't yet been involved in proper therapy (therapy where there's an open admission by the individual of the presence of emotional issues), be aware that you may be being attracted to a "quick fix" strategy that avoids really dealing with deeper issues. If this is the case, ibogaine could possibly make things worse. For some, using psychoactive substances can invoke disturbing reactions as the mind's defences struggle to keep down rising repressed material. Drugs like ibogaine, ketamine, LSD and MDMA (Ecstasy), have been used in the past by therapists, but only as one component of an overall therapeutic strategy. Using the drug out of this context could cause more harm than good.

All the above said, ibogaine still potentially represents a major medical breaththrough, especially in the field of treating drug dependency.

Last edited:
There is a great dodco about ibogaine treatment in the US called "I'm dangerous with love"

It is an informative ride - Dmitri as the crazy healer is just great!! Interesting watching him get completely out of his depth treating someone with a massive pill and 'done habit. Well worth checking out if you are interested in ibogaine!

There is a great dodco about ibogaine treatment in the US called "I'm dangerous with love"

It is an informative ride - Dmitri as the crazy healer is just great!! Interesting watching him get completely out of his depth treating someone with a massive pill and 'done habit. Well worth checking out if you are interested in ibogaine!

Dimitri on Ibogaine with Paul DeRienzo: half hour interview with phone calls included... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ3rL57pGD0

Whoa! From my research I'd only heard of two ibogaine-related deaths; one took a hit of heroin while on ibogaine, the other had a heart condition. This is eye-opening. Thanks for sharing. I will of course do much more research into the drug before I take it, if indeed I can find it at all, but I'll keep in mind that a clinical environment is more or less a must. Hope the drug and safe environment are affordable.

Whoa! From my research I'd only heard of two ibogaine-related deaths; one took a hit of heroin while on ibogaine, the other had a heart condition. This is eye-opening. Thanks for sharing. I will of course do much more research into the drug before I take it, if indeed I can find it at all, but I'll keep in mind that a clinical environment is more or less a must. Hope the drug and safe environment are affordable.

Your welcome :)

Has anyone had any success with an Ibogaine Clinic??? I?m about to set one up near Cancun and I?m scared of getting scammed... any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.