• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Mushrooms) + (Kratom) - Semi-experienced - Experimenting for an MDMA alternative

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
I won't make this a very long and detailed report, however I would like to spread the word about my experience. I have been tossing around the idea of coming up with a mixture of different organic compounds to reproduce an MDMA-ish experience without having to use nasty, toxic, unpredictable synthetics. My thoughts are to mix a low dosage of mushrooms (for minor visual effects, slightly psychy headspace, mydraisis), a moderate dose of kratom (for euphoria, empathy and stimulation) and also some level of caffeine or some other natural stim for some added wakefulness.

Last night I had my first experiment "mixing" the ingredients. I took them all at different times, however I still feel the effects were synergistic and gave me a good idea of what would happen if they were all taken together.

I took the substances in this order:

400mg cimetidine + ~10g kratom @ ~11am

200mg cimetidine + ~8g kratom @ ~3pm

2 cups of coffee @ ~6pm

~1.8g mushrooms, eaten over the course of a couple hours beginning at ~10pm

-------------

By the time I took the mushrooms my kratom high had definitely worn off for the most part leaving not much more than the positive afterglow. Pupils were still constricted at this point. I started out by making a very tiny bit, two small caps and two small stems, ground up and mixed in with warm water and a tea bag, and drank. After about an hour I start to notice threshold effects, some basic light brightening, colors deepening, and possible euphoria. I checked my eyes in the mirror and my pupils were still surprisingly constricted.

I made another cup of tea with slightly more mushrooms this time, and drank it down. Effects built more, slowly, but comfortably. More euphoria and color depth noticed and a lovely body high beginning to take place. My friend and I decide to simply eat the rest of the 1/8th we're splitting, totaling about 1/16th to the each of us.

After eating the rest, the trip began to grow in intensity and manifested to the point where I no longer wanted to be any higher. Visual effects began to take place, warping, distortion, shifting, severe color deepening and light brightening. I check my pupils again, and still to my surprise they aren't very dilated at all. In the dark they're like saucers, however as soon as I flick the light on they constrict right away as if I never even took anything. This is sort of disappointing because I was hoping for pupil saucers to come from this, however it seems the miosis from the kratom does overpower the mydraisis from the shrooms. It doesn't appear that any visual phenomena was sacrificed though.

The trip stayed at about this point and stayed fun, euphoric, visual and smooth. The body high couldn't be beat and the visuals were kicking total ass. For the sake of my experiment, this was definitely too deep of a trip at this point because remember, my intention is to use this mixture for going out, dancing, raving, etc.. I think half of what I took would be perfect for the visual effects I'm looking for. I also feel like the euphoria being felt from the shrooms, and the euphoria I feel from kratom were VERY similar and will most likely synergise when taken in close proximity. I remember at many points thinking to myself that I feel soooo fucking good and that MDMA seriously just got knocked down several rungs on the ladder of my DOC's. This is looking to be a successful recipe!!

All in all I highly recommended this to anyone looking for something slightly different to try. I feel like the kratom taken earlier in the day paved the way for a good trip because it put me in such a positive and happy headspace. I almost feel like a bad trip was impossible at that point.

I'm excited to try this again with both kratom and mushrooms at the same time!! Maybe next month.

Thanks for reading!! :)

Last edited:
Shrooms are an excellent starting point when looking for a drug or drug combination to use in place of MDMA (i.e. at social gatherings, musical events, etc). I want to try combining them with a hefty dose of MDAI sometime, as that seems like a good empathogen to add to a psychedelic experience.

My intention is to use a combination that is 100% organic.

So far I'm pretty set on combining about 1g mushrooms with ~10g kratom, and now I'm looking for a suitable stimulant to add to the mix to battle any sleepiness that shrooms tend to bring with them. I'm considering yerba mate, ginsing and/or maybe even betel nut (however I never tried it). I could use straight caffeine, but I'd rather something different. I've never tried ephedra so I don't know how well that would work but to my understanding it would probably be the best. Hard to find though.

I also really want to make a cannabis tincture to add to this to round out the whole experience just as smoking weed at the peak would. Essentially, I just want to create a mixture of familiar but enjoyable and safe substances that leaves me desiring nothing more throughout the evening. Kratom nearly already does that for me, and with mushroom visuals, body high and mindset piled on top, plus a little side helping of energy, I probably will never touch MDMA again.

And actually to be more accurate, having tried both, I'd say this experience I'm creating leans more toward MDA than MDMA. Actually, it's extremely close and if I can get some stimulant in there to give me a gentle speedy push, I'd say it's the same general experience.

I your name.

The Stranger rocks.

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
What type of kratom do you use? Bali?

If you haven't tried the combination with Thai kratom, I'd recommend that before you try adding a stimulant.

Where as Bali kratom is very sedating, like morphine, Thai kratom is very stimulating, like oxycodone. This might give you enough of a stimulant push that you won't have to add anything else to the mix.

I plan a trying this soon, after reading this thread.

Cheers :)

Hmm, I have been using bali all along and I actually find it to be somewhat stimulating. I've tried maeng da several times and while yes it's good, it's not worth 2x the price of bali IMO.

I was considering for the purpose of this mixture, I may invest in a different, better, more useful kind of kratom and continue to use regular bali for my normal kratom desires. :)

Ultimately, I'd LOVE to be able to perfect my mixture and then reduce it all down (somehow) to be fit into a couple capsules, or at least a 5hr energy shot-type bottle. Kratom is obviously going to be the biggest PITA to reduce down because there's so much of it required. However, seeing as this is not going to be something I'm consuming very often, maybe it would be a good idea to get a really good full-spectrum extract so it won't be as much powder, and probably a better overall high.

Opinions?

Well, I realize this is an old thread but I just don’t see how kratom is synergistic based on this experience alone and they effect the 5ht2a receptor in opposing ways. One turns it on and one turns it more towards the off position. And one of the trip killers people use are anti-psychotics that act as antagonists on 5ht2a just like kratom does.

Kratom effects are generally greatly diminished if not gone altogether after waiting 7 hours as done in your experience. I mean I realize that there is still some kratom left in the system but is it really significant enough to say it’s synergistic at this point?

I think it’s great that you explored this but I just read so many anecdotal reports that it is a trip killer or reduces the effects of the trip that I don’t find this experience causal and how it is synergistic based on this one experience.

Now I will say that there has been no adverse reactions in the reports other than some people passing out and sleeping thru their trip.

I say all this to say is I think that you should repeat the experience but maybe try it around the same time as mushrooms are injested and consuming the kratom either 15-30 min before the mushrooms or at the same time. I think that would be more accurate of an experiment.

Well I always felt like the body high from shrooms is very similar to the body high from MDMA but in a natural organic way. And the kratom would certainly has a physical aspect to it along with euphoria.Also low dose shrooms makes colors and everything look more enhanced, vibrant and brighter, visual acuity becomes much more sharp too and some CEV. Now real MDMA has that effect too maybe not so much with the CEV but MDMA definitely makes everything look brighter and more enhanced