• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Yellow eyes as a result of drug use

1josephjohn

Bluelighter
What are the detailed physical effects of drugs?

For example: why do some people have that yellowish color to their eyeballs, what drug can do that?

What drug makes people's pupils really small (pin hole sized)?

Effects like these and others please.

Yellow eyes can be a sign of jaundice, which can result from temporary or permanent liver damage. Any number of liver-metabolized drugs taken in sufficient quantities can have this effect if normal enzyme levels are disrupted.

If liver imbalance is the culprit, I would imagine this is most likely the result of someone having taken many vicodin or other prescription opiate that contains APAP, as the large amount of acetaminophen (APAP, generic name for tylenol) present can cause liver problems.

I have also heard anecdotally that yellow eyes can be cause by sleep deprivation, which might be the result of amphetamine or a similar substance.

Opiates can cause pupil constriction (miosis) due to downstream effects on parasympathetic cholinergic activity.

On the other hand, sympathetic-acting drugs (amphetamines, some psychedelics, MDMA) and anticholinergic drugs (atropine, etc) can produce pupil dilation (mydriasis).

Interestingly, metabolites of one opiate called Demerol (pethidine) have anticholinergic effects, effectively canceling out the pupil constriction.

Yellow eyes can be a sign of jaundice, which can result from temporary or permanent liver damage. Any number of liver-metabolized drugs taken in sufficient quantities can have this effect if normal enzyme levels are disrupted.

If liver imbalance is the culprit, I would imagine this is most likely the result of someone having taken many vicodin or other prescription opiate that contains APAP, as the large amount of acetaminophen (APAP, generic name for tylenol) present can cause liver problems.

I have also heard anecdotally that yellow eyes can be cause by sleep deprivation, which might be the result of amphetamine or a similar substance.

Opiates can cause pupil constriction (miosis) due to downstream effects on parasympathetic cholinergic activity.

On the other hand, sympathetic-acting drugs (amphetamines, some psychedelics, MDMA) and anticholinergic drugs (atropine, etc) can produce pupil dilation (mydriasis).

Interestingly, metabolites of one opiate called Demerol (pethidine) have anticholinergic effects, effectively canceling out the pupil constriction.

great post^^ this sums it up .. to add, most depressants such as benzos, opiates, and cannabis cause droopy eyes, bags under the eyes, red eyes, drunken behavior, nodding out infront of other people lmao, ect...

Very informative!

great post^^ this sums it up .. to add, most depressants such as benzos, opiates, and cannabis cause droopy eyes, bags under the eyes, red eyes, drunken behavior, nodding out infront of other people lmao, ect...

Thank you.

nice%) so would taking an opiate while coming down from MDMA or acid correct my pupil size? im always so afraid of my parents seeing my pupils :|

oh and i read that the release of norepinephrine is also responsible for pupil dilation/jaw clenching when it comes to drugs like amphetamines.

i notice ALOT of drugs put a haze over your eyes...what they would call glassy eyes

I'm not sure about MDMA but when I'm on adderall and take an opiate my pupil size returns to around normal size.

long term use of meth can do really nasty thigs to your physical appearance. such as losing teeth and like boils on the face.

and of course people can lose alot of weight from long term stimulant use.

i don't see this as a DC topic as they're asking specifics about drug use and nothing relating to drug culture so imma send it back over to BDD and leave the threads fate in their hands.

i notice ALOT of drugs put a haze over your eyes...what they would call glassy eyes

That yellowish color isn't the same thing as a haze right? When I say yellow I mean yellow,I think haze/glassy is different?
And what if someone was a mutiple drug user, would the yellowish color increase?

Yellow eyes and a haze over somebody's eyes are not the same thing.

And what if someone was a mutiple drug user, would the yellowish color increase?

There is no way to say for sure. There are thousands upon thousands of drugs and every drug does different things to different people. Are you saying that somebody you know has yellowed eyes and you think they're using drugs? Just so you know, we're not doctors, and only a doctor can tell you if the person in question is using drugs.

Yellowed eyes could also be a symptom of a medical condition, completely unrelated to drug use/abuse.

We need to know more about what you're trying to find out here in order to help you better.

Also, I'm going to edit the title of your post for easier searching.

Yellow eyes and a haze over somebody's eyes are not the same thing.

There is no way to say for sure. There are thousands upon thousands of drugs and every drug does different things to different people. Are you saying that somebody you know has yellowed eyes and you think they're using drugs? Just so you know, we're not doctors, and only a doctor can tell you if the person in question is using drugs.

Yellowed eyes could also be a symptom of a medical condition, completely unrelated to drug use/abuse.

We need to know more about what you're trying to find out here in order to help you better.

Also, I'm going to edit the title of your post for easier searching.

Great. Ok this is what I saw, "somebody" I know showed up with this yellow color in his eyes. He does drink and does do coke and he has done steroids. But on anther day his eyes weren't yellow ( he doesn't want to talk about drugs with me or else yeah I WOULD BE talking to him about this).
Here is what else I saw, during the Boston vs Miami playoffs some of the players had that same yellow color in their eyes, when they showed the close up of the players - that's when their eye's looked yellow to me.I was told that pro players use speed (now this isn't fact I'm just saying what someone told me).
So this is why I asked what is that yellow color I am seeing in some people's eyes?

There is no connection between people using amphetamines (sometimes called "speed") and having yellow eyes.

I don't know about performance enhancing drugs such as steroids. Could be, but this is still speculation...

Amount of oral steroids needed for a cycle will definately end you up in to a point that will cause you a liver damage which could be noticed easily from yellow eyes. Dont know anything about how often they test the yankee football players or if they are tested at all but if they would be tested only during the season then the results of them being stupid and using oral steroids instead of IM steroids during off season the results would still be seen during season.

I dont even if NFL is under the jurisdiction of WADA which requires players to tell all the time where they are so they can come and take urine sample to see if steroids or other doping drugs are being used. But I have never heard of any NFL player been caught of doping so they are clean, dont get tested off season or are smart enough to use one of those dozen or so steroids not on the WADA's list.

Amount of oral steroids needed for a cycle will definately end you up in to a point that will cause you a liver damage which could be noticed easily from yellow eyes. Dont know anything about how often they test the yankee football players or if they are tested at all but if they would be tested only during the season then the results of them being stupid and using oral steroids instead of IM steroids during off season the results would still be seen during season.

I dont even if NFL is under the jurisdiction of WADA which requires players to tell all the time where they are so they can come and take urine sample to see if steroids or other doping drugs are being used. But I have never heard of any NFL player been caught of doping so they are clean, dont get tested off season or are smart enough to use one of those dozen or so steroids not on the WADA's list.
Thanks.

There is no connection between people using amphetamines (sometimes called "speed") and having yellow eyes.

I don't know about performance enhancing drugs such as steroids. Could be, but this is still speculation...

Thanks

As was said, liver damage can cause yellowing of the eyes. Hepatitis is not uncommon among drug users. Hep C can go undetected for decades before symptoms show up in the form of cirrhosis of the liver finally clues a doctor in. I recommend getting tested annually for STD's and including the test for Hep C.