• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hycodan

Eur0

Greenlighter
So I am having a little bit of trouble with the dosing information on my hycodan syrup im not asking for a dose to take just simply what it means.
Bottle reads hydrocodone syrup with cpd
Then it says either .5 or 5-1.5/5
And #120 on the bottle
I simply want to know how much hyrdocodone would normally be in one dose.
Thanks Eur0

AS far as I know the Hycodan tablets in Canada are straight Hydrocodone Bitartrate.
I just got some the other day, 98 of them but they are expensive. I find Hydrocodone to be quite weak. But that could be just cause I'm uses to high doses of (Oral) Oxycodone, and Hydromorphone (intranasal).

THis is from http://www.medbroadcast.com:

Tablets
Each white, biconvex tablet, bisected and embossed with "HYCODAN" on one side and the other side blank, contains hydrocodone bitartrate 5 mg. Nonmedicinal ingredients: cornstarch, lactose, pregelatinized tapioca starch, stearic acid, talc and zinc stearate. Sodium- and tartrazine-free.

^in the US of A, hycodan is hydrocodone+homatropine. I think the homatropine is there to add unpleasant side effects to taking a recreational dose.

Accodring to drugs.com:
Each Hycodan tablet or teaspoonful (5 mL) contains:
Hydrocodone Bitartrate, USP 5 mg
Homatropine Methylbromide, USP 1.5 mg

I don't know how much homatropine can be taken without adverse effects though.

If he lives in the US there could be other drugs in the hycodan tabs or syrup. I know they put something like atropine in with the hydrocodone in some preparations of it and i think hycodan is the one. But i could be wrong and i'm too lazy to look it up. In Canada yeah hydrocodone is the only ingredient in hycodan tabs or syrup.

Hydrocodone is one opiate Ive never tried and in fact i have never even known anyone who has had a script for it here.

the entire bottle contains 120mgs of hydro and 24mgs of homatropine. Homatropin is prescribed by its self in 10mg pills in doses of up to 4 a day. So its safe to take the whole bottle if your hydro tolerance is up to 120mgs of hydro dont worry about the homatropine in that dosage.