View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Comparing high dose dxm trips to pcp trips

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
I have been an avid user of dxm for quite some time now, my use of it has reduced dramatically due to the fact that i was not smart and did not use it in moderation and instead built up an epic tolerance ie. last time i used coricidin (wich i HATE USING) i took 2 boxes wich is 960mgs and i know people are going to think im bullshitting but i felt a slight trippy feeling followed by a horrible headache that lasted for 6 hours, and i remember the first time i took two boxes of coricidin and lets just say that was the straw that broke the camels back so to say in terms of me getting HOOKED to the dissociative experience. In my personal opinion lsd,mushrooms,mescaline....NONE of them compare to the intensity of a high dose dxm trip. So my question......is pcp ANYTHING like dxm? I know they are both dissociatives and ive always been under the impression that pcp gets a very bad wrap because of all media coverage on it is always about some naked dude running down the street sticking ice cubes up his ass in hopes that it will cool him down, or far worse. But in reality i know pcp was introduced i belive in the 50's as a tranquilizer i think? But they stopped using it because the side effects were hallucinations and complete psychosis. So if some one could please tell me what to expect if i were to every try it and how would it compare to a high dose dxm trip, would it be COMPLETELY different or is it similar in some aspects? I live close to NYC and i know people that go down to the city and pick up ounces of it at a time and supposedly its extremely pure so i wouldn't have to worry about it being very impure. Any feed back will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I only have one experience with PCP, but I absolutely enjoyed the hell out of it.

But with every drug one experience is never enough for me to really wrap my head around or describe, and with this one even more so.

I know they are all technically really different but I would say the difference between the DXM and PCP is similar to the difference between LSA and LSD.

Hoping to get my hands on some and really explore the drug more thoroughly.

From what I remember very stimulating but in a very subtle way (its there you are just so disassociated that you might not notice or "feel" stimulated), extremely disassociating in a similar way to DXM but also of its own unique character too.

I was at a large outdoor event, I got so lost for a while even though I was walking in the right direction the whole time. While walking in the same direction down this road I couldn't understand which direction I was going in (not at all similar to the way you might experience that while sober, wasn't me questioning if I was going north or south I mean I was staring directly at my destination knowing I was going in the right direction but it "felt" like I was going the other way and kept changing). Also walked up a hill and was absolutely mind fucked that I couldn't tell if I was going up or down. Just really weird stuff like that and so much more I am sure but didn't make it through to long term memory.

Edit: Oh I also remember it wasn't exactly a "euphoria" as you might get from stimulants or psychedelics... had much more of an opiate type numbing effect which did cause a some intense happyness but in that different kind of way... even though I was pretty happy even that emotion felt like it was millions of miles away from me as did everything else. Felt so... disconnected.

Last edited:
Oh and thought loops are super intense with PCP... so much more than LSD. You can just get cought in what will feel like a century's worth of time going in the same circle, then you get realize it once you make your way around full 360... Oh wow I am in a loop... oh shit wait I have BEEN in this loop and going around it what a hundred times already?.... boom looping again forgot you are in a loop then have that same realization you are looping for what feels like another hundred times then you check the time and see that only 2min have gone by.

I actually never found getting stuck in an LSD loop to be much of a big deal since.

Not that LSD loops are not intense, they are... but a PCP loop is like trying to navigate an LSD loop with the brain of someone who is really drunk.

I've had some pretty wild thought looping on DXM but it never really happens with out an even more pronounced "intoxication" or dulling of the mind more so than PCP... so I would say in many ways PCP is like experiencing that same super high dose disassociation that DXM also takes you to, but it leaves you with a bit more of of a functioning consciousness to "stay awake" during it. Well actually alot more.

Last edited:
lol, navigating an lsd thought loop with a drunken mind....quite an image.

good descriptions though...i've never done pcp, and never will i'm sure...but i Love hearin stories of drugs that i don't do. it gives me a little taste by being able to look through your eyes and re-experience what you've seen. i can feel the vibe on the not being able to tell which way on the hill thing....hard to describe, but i'm getting a mental picture (or mental experience)

i used to dex from time to time, but since then have fallen into predominantly shamanic practice and plant teacher work. :D i wanna hear more about PCP though..!! let me trip through your guys' stories..!

though...i've never done pcp, and never will i'm sure...

Yeah that's how I thought until someone thought it was cool to load a blunt with it.

Honestly it surprised me, scared me, confused me, and all the while was a ton of unexpected fun.

It's not like acid or other psychedelics to me though, as in it was not possible to put on a sober face and act normal if needed which is what scared me.

I would love to get my hands on some and really experiment with it but I would like to be off camping in a secluded area or at home for it. Not exactly a drug I would like to be out and about on, would be fun yet could go bad...

I've only done lsd once and it was weak, but when i did a high dose of potent mushrooms, i had a sort of "drunk" thought loop process that was hard to navigate, i imagine it would be harder to navigate than a difficult lsd one, although i have nothing to compare to that intensity. Maybe you guys would know if you've done it, is the pcp trip thought loop similar to that in intensity or even moreso. I know dxm thought loops are pretty crazy, but nothing quite as intense as that, and they were easier to manage for me because i was so dissociated that i didn't care too much where my thoughts were, i actually enjoyed it.

I would think the mushrooms were scarier for me than any dxm trip i've been on, even salvia, that freaked me out more, but i was SO gone and ego-death rather than ego dying, which was scarier to me.

^If you ever get hold of a breakthrough DXM dose you'll agree it's harder to navigate than acid or shrooms^

This isn't a dicksize or brag. It's just an amen to a fact that people need to be aware of, namely, that DXM is a hell of a lot more potent than generally reported. My opinion is that DXM is a drug that is most often improperly used. Its poorly understood and horribly misrepresented, even within the drug community. I personally found DXM to be the key that unlocked everything, and this is from someone who is quite familiar with most of the major psychedelics. I'm 44 years old with lots of experience, and hope that people will soon start to treat this drug with the respect it deserves, so that people don't get hurt and also for those who are able to reap the unique benefits it can provide.

Yeah DXM at 3rd plateau doses are really something else. I've indulged in it once and it was pretty amazing once I smoked some weed to stop the nausea.

i agree that dxm is a lot harder of a drug than anyone gives it credit for. probably just because they dont believe a licit drug can do these things.

dxm trips are crazy to navigate. i realize im in a loop, then i try to remember what i was trying to thing about and fall back into a look. the peak can be nuts

if you like dxm you will love pcp, if you love pcp if you ADORE ketamine. it is the most refined of the dissociatives. dxm is like a hyundai, pcp is a honda, and ketamine is an acura. wow im bored.

I looked this up on Google because I heard dxm was more powerful than pcp and I think it very well may be. Not many people have gotten to the final Plateau. I believe you when you say you built up a tolerance. It took me 240 mg or 8 coricidin pills to have a reall good trip and fun trip. I never puked back then either. But now it takes me over 900mg to even feel anything. I've taken two boxes, 960 mg at once before and a bottle of gel caps 300 mg. And then redosed four hours later. I ended up going to church and having a God moment. Then I completely lost it and thought I had died of serotonin syndrome and ended up walking outside naked in front of my dad because I was looking for my recently passed away friend. I never did that much again and I've since stopped doing it as much. But at the height of my addiction I was doing 900mg doses 4-5 times a week. Once I had vision problems where my eyes weren't working properly and it started paralizing my bladder. I had to pee so bad but I couldn't use the muscle to push it out. That shit got scary. The coricidin has the antihistamine which seems to affect the trip. It can make it better and you don't get robo itchy with it. But I believe it also causes vision problems and the urination issues. So if you're thinking about doing it, try to avoid using lots of coricidin. They're are gel caps that have pure dxm and that's it. Just be careful because this shot can kill you and will fuck up your life and your brain if you get addicted.

I have done 550 mg of dxm cough gels, and it was scary as fuck. My heart was racing like crazy, and I was having really bad paranoia. As the op said I was taking it way too frequently.
I would like to try ketamine someday, if it doesn't do any damage to the liver. I don't think it's smart to take coricidin, because of the antihistamine in it.