• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Advice from Soma enjoyers, and general pill popping question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushheadelite

Greenlighter
Greetings all, I've been looking to use some Somas, got a bottle last year for a sports injury but was using hash to medicate, found it today while cleaning. And a good thing too, I'm dry on weed and booze until Friday.

Anyway, I've been reading around, getting conflicting info, and a couple things that look interesting. First, is insufflating Soma a good idea? I'm kinda fat, even 2 swallowed doesnt do much unless it's on an empty stomach IIRC, and I'd like the effects sooner rather than later. I read that it doesn't work though.

What got my interest was parachuting. Will it hit significantly faster like this? Would one be better off plugging? Sorry if this is noob shit, I'm really just a pothead. I've used these forums tons of times over the years, figured you guys know whats up, finally registered.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks all.

What is Soma like? I've only known it from that Aldous Huxley book and read about it online...

Carisoprodol (Soma) feels a lot like a benzo, IMO. Snorting it would be a waste, don't bother. Take a higher dose orally, see how it goes, and then make a decision as to whether or not you want to plug them. I've found that Carisoprodol works best when taken on an empty stomach. As far as dosage - do you have the 250mg or 350mg tabs?

Last edited:
Dont snort Soma, take it orally. Soma for me is like a weed buzz. Others say its like an alcohol buzz. I take 1 Soma with a Vicodin to relax my back muscles & it feels great.

Surprised 2 Somas dont do much for you. Are the Somas you have name brand or generic?

I am prescribed Soma. 350mg x2 daily. When i first started taking it, 700mg would give me a nice buzz, but the buzz from Soma seriously only lasts for a few hours at best. Then it kinda just.. POOF disappears in the matter of minutes.

Since my benzo tolerance is so high, I personally enjoy Soma more than benzos at this point. It is a very relaxing sedation, similar to a benzo high, but without the amnesia.

In regards to brand name vs. generic, there isn't a difference in my experience.. The ONLY medication I notice a difference in is Mylan brand generic clonazepam. I get generic Soma and they are just as good as the brand name.

At this point though, I have a tolerance to Soma and I need about 1750mg to get a strong high going. Be careful though, do not take this much with no tolerance. You will without a doubt get so tired you cannot stay awake.

I love somas, but just not by themselves, not dick sizing but i just took 700mg soma, 60mg oxycodone, 2mg xanax, 2mg ativan, 20mg valium and i feel grealt, not nodding out yet, sorry for the highjack OP, but I think 3 should make you feel good.

I love somas, but just not by themselves, not dick sizing but i just took 700mg soma, 60mg oxycodone, 2mg xanax, 2mg ativan, 20mg valium and i feel grealt, not nodding out yet, sorry for the highjack OP, but I think 3 should make you feel good.

Damn dude, what are you, a bottomless pill pit? I love getting high as much as the next guy, but popping 5 big doses of pharms at a time, that's gotta be some crippling depression or something. Ever think about counseling or therapy, whatever's causing you to self medicate with so many substances, at least cut back. Find some dank herb and cut that shit in half.

Anyway, I parachuted 2 yesterday, and it was a fair buzz. It did hit faster, but I wouldn't say it was significantly stronger, though it was relaxing. I am going to plugging, I've never done it before, been reading about it.

Since we're in the basics forum now, a couple questions for people who've done this. First, is voiding your bowels completely necessary? I'll wait it out if so. Also, if I do void, is rinsing your bum out with water also necessary? I want to do this right, if I'm gonna be sticking something up my ass, I don't want to waste it.

I've read that one should lay down for 15 minutes to experience the full effect, and also that this is untrue. Anyone confirm or deny this?

Also, I read that caution should be exercised when plugging, as a normal oral dose is almost twice as potent. Should I cut it down to 1 and a half pills?

Thanks again all.

For people asking about Soma, it is a relaxing pill under the generic of carisoprodol. It is prescribed as a muscle relaxer. At prescribed dose, 1 pill, I could not feel it, 2, a relaxed feeling. On an empty stomach, quite reminiscent of a medium-strong Vicodin dose IIRC, though it's been years since I Vic'd.

I'd say something like taking a blunt of dank to the face, without being brain stoned, just body stoned. Hard to explain, but it is enjoyable. I could see someone becoming addicted to this with prolonged use.

In regards to brand name vs. generic, there isn't a difference in my experience.. The ONLY medication I notice a difference in is Mylan brand generic clonazepam. I get generic Soma and they are just as good as the brand name.

Ime, the name brand Soma is definitely better than the generics ive tried & ive tried several generics.

Anyway, I parachuted 2 yesterday, and it was a fair buzz. It did hit faster, but I wouldn't say it was significantly stronger, though it was relaxing. I am going to plugging, I've never done it before, been reading about it.

Since we're in the basics forum now, a couple questions for people who've done this. First, is voiding your bowels completely necessary? I'll wait it out if so. Also, if I do void, is rinsing your bum out with water also necessary? I want to do this right, if I'm gonna be sticking something up my ass, I don't want to waste it.

I've read that one should lay down for 15 minutes to experience the full effect, and also that this is untrue. Anyone confirm or deny this?

Also, I read that caution should be exercised when plugging, as a normal oral dose is almost twice as potent. Should I cut it down to 1 and a half pills?

There's more going on with Carisoprodol than I think you realize. Carisoprodol is a prodrug and its euphoric effects are the result of its active metabolite Meprobamate. In other words, Carisoprodol needs to breakdown into Meprobamate to have any real effect.

Plugging isn't exactly basic or beginner shit. In most cases it's not a matter of simply sticking a pill up your ass and this is especially true with Carisoprodol, as it is not water soluble.

You should considering checking out the Plugging/Rectal Administration Mega Thread and do some research there.

Thanks for the link Dane, I ended up parachuting 3 after it took awhile for replies, I'm feeling pretty gooood. :) Considering my tolerance to anything but weed is next to nothing, I'm hoping I don't develop a tolerance by the end of the bottle. Of course, I'll stop after this bottle, I have too much of an addictive personality. Just dropped a 3 year/5th a night habit, half gallons on saturday, don't need to be popping 1750 milli doses just to catch a buzz...

I really appreciate that, seems like the people in my life just had an "about damn time" attitude. Thank you. Though it had been about time for awhile. My life has improved tremendously. ..

Soma is good to potentiate opiates but as far as getting fucked up on it alone I always found it hard to get the right dose. The first time I took it I had taken a hydrocodone 7.5 and it rocked my world...' at the time I could not get high on hydro but goddamn that was an intense high...

The other thing with soma... It's so unpredictable.. Some days it takes 1 others 3... So I gave up trying to get high on soma alone and use it For pain relief and to potentiate opiates!!

Good luck!

It takes me at least 2100mg of Soma(6 pills) to get a good, stoned almost drunk buzz from them by themselves, but at that dose I always end up falling over tables and just falling on my ass and not remembering it the next day or even at the time..lol..some friends took a video of me on OC's and Somas and I was falling down and not even knowing what I was doing, like I was drunk, but without the naseau,vomiting, or side effects of alcohol.I would not advise anyone to take that much, I was prescribed high doses of both opiates and Soma for a car wreck and chronic pain, so my tolerance was very high. Try taking 3 or 4 and see how that feels..

What about Somas that have an odd emblem? Like a tablet, white.

One side blank

The other side an R or P mixed? Surrounded by a rectangle.

Status
Not open for further replies.