Bluelight

Thread: Jail + Opiate Withdrawal Hell

1. Collapse Details
    Jail + Opiate Withdrawal Hell 
    Hey guys,

I was arrested for possession of 15 oxycodone pills and charged with felony possession Can you believe having a few pills has made me have a felony arrest?

I usually take oxycodone everyday, and never run out of opiates (always have subs, methadone, morphine or SOMETHING to prevent withdrawal). That being said, I've never really felt withdrawal? I spent around 14 hours in county jail before finally getting bailed out... it was TERRIBLE! IT was freezing cold and all I had was a t-shirt for 14 hours of hell. The worst part was that I was slowly descending into terrible oxycodone withdrawal. It was really traumatizing to descend into withdrawal while experiencing the usual depression/anxiety associated with being jailed and arrested, and being freezing cold.

I began throwing up first, but then the worst things that happened was this terrible flu like feeling. I could not sit still and my arms and legs were twitching uncontrollably. My joints and muscles were in agony and I was exhausted from staying up but so agitated I couldn't get a wink of rest. I was getting cold and hot flashes, and it was FREEZING to begin with so every second was utter misery while I watched the clock move minute by minute praying for my release. Often times people would be moved in my cell and it was extremely uncomfortable being so vulnerable and sick with criminals around. I got this evil mental feeling--- this sickly terrible feeling from the withdrawal I can't explain.... it was evil and unnatural and very uncomfortable. When I finally got out, instead of going to the bail bondsman who was waiting for me after I got out, I cabbed home and put 80mg up the nose as quick as I ever have in my life. I guess the only positive of this experience, was that I experienced the BEST Oxycodone sniff my life has yet experienced.

The weird thing is now 2 days later, the withdrawal experience was so profound and stressful, I experience flashbacks from it even with OC in my system. My legs still twitch a little, and I get these moments of feeling that evil sickly aura that surrounded me. Is this normal? Anyone feel post-withdrawal symptoms?

Im so stressed now about this shit--- I hired a lawyer and pray I don't have to go to jail again. It's my first offense. Would you guys say me going to jail is pretty improbable given that this is my first offense and it wasn't THAT much? I believe the search and seizure was illegal, but we suspect the cops will lie. Anyway, that's my story.

2. Collapse Details

yeah I've got a fifth degree felony for a baggie with heroin residue in it, max charge will be 60 days in jail, probation, and community service. I don't find out until july so I'll inform you if I get jail time or not and what I did. I already did serve 4 days in jail because I got in Saturday morning and monday was a holiday so I had to wait until tuesday for the judge for bail. Worst experience of my life man, after around 8 months doing heroin without making it over 2 days without, having to go 4 in jail was insanity

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ziggo View Post
    yeah I've got a fifth degree felony for a baggie with heroin residue in it, max charge will be 60 days in jail, probation, and community service. I don't find out until july so I'll inform you if I get jail time or not and what I did. I already did serve 4 days in jail because I got in Saturday morning and monday was a holiday so I had to wait until tuesday for the judge for bail. Worst experience of my life man, after around 8 months doing heroin without making it over 2 days without, having to go 4 in jail was insanity
    Damn dude, sorry to hear about that! Is this your first offense? Did they do a legal search and seizure? Hopefully you can get off on a technicality, and if it's your first possession 95% says not a day of jail time. Even if it is your 2nd, still a good possibility you wont get any.

Good luck brotha! Lemme know how it turns out

4. Collapse Details

Man that really sucks, I feel for you brother!

I was very close going to prison myself, had my court day today and they sentenced me to community service, go see a shrink.
    I could tell they did not like the fact that I am on the Methadone Maintenence Treatment program.. I had to bite my lip or else I would have put him in his place when he thought he "knew it all" about drugs just because he had worked at some rehab for 3 years versus me who have over 10 years of both personal experience as an addict.

5. Collapse Details

all i need is my house my gat my act bank account phat it$ goin down like that
    Quote Originally Posted by jaystyle View Post
    Hey guys,

I was arrested for possession of 15 oxycodone pills and charged with felony possession Can you believe having a few pills has made me have a felony arrest?

I usually take oxycodone everyday, and never run out of opiates (always have subs, methadone, morphine or SOMETHING to prevent withdrawal). That being said, I've never really felt withdrawal? I spent around 14 hours in county jail before finally getting bailed out... it was TERRIBLE! IT was freezing cold and all I had was a t-shirt for 14 hours of hell. The worst part was that I was slowly descending into terrible oxycodone withdrawal. It was really traumatizing to descend into withdrawal while experiencing the usual depression/anxiety associated with being jailed and arrested, and being freezing cold.

I began throwing up first, but then the worst things that happened was this terrible flu like feeling. I could not sit still and my arms and legs were twitching uncontrollably. My joints and muscles were in agony and I was exhausted from staying up but so agitated I couldn't get a wink of rest. I was getting cold and hot flashes, and it was FREEZING to begin with so every second was utter misery while I watched the clock move minute by minute praying for my release. Often times people would be moved in my cell and it was extremely uncomfortable being so vulnerable and sick with criminals around. I got this evil mental feeling--- this sickly terrible feeling from the withdrawal I can't explain.... it was evil and unnatural and very uncomfortable. When I finally got out, instead of going to the bail bondsman who was waiting for me after I got out, I cabbed home and put 80mg up the nose as quick as I ever have in my life. I guess the only positive of this experience, was that I experienced the BEST Oxycodone sniff my life has yet experienced.

The weird thing is now 2 days later, the withdrawal experience was so profound and stressful, I experience flashbacks from it even with OC in my system. My legs still twitch a little, and I get these moments of feeling that evil sickly aura that surrounded me. Is this normal? Anyone feel post-withdrawal symptoms?

Im so stressed now about this shit--- I hired a lawyer and pray I don't have to go to jail again. It's my first offense. Would you guys say me going to jail is pretty improbable given that this is my first offense and it wasn't THAT much? I believe the search and seizure was illegal, but we suspect the cops will lie. Anyway, that's my story.
    Sounds like a wake up call.

6. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew
    jaystyle, i aint sure if you read our rules but threads need to have a question in them, we dont allow journal-entry style posts like this one that are just like "so hey this shit happened to me the other day and it sucks, thats my story." everyone on bl has their own blog that u automatically get when u sign up. u can find it by clickin on the quick links tab while u are logged in and selecting blogs. thats where this belongs. if you have a question or topic to discuss thats ok in here but posting a story like this dont fit our forum guidelines.

7. Collapse Details

Sounds like you might have just received the push you need to stop using. Jail withdrawal sounds awful.

8. Collapse Details

Mannnnn that would be a really uncomfortable and miserable situation. I havent personally been in that situation(knock on wood) but have heard of other people. Some jails have a medical section and keep you secluded but after like 24 hours Id rather be out in population and talk abd be around people that helps me kinda.

I heard of like jails in nj or ny or some state up north have small methadone programs?! Can anyone confirm that? That would make time much more bearable.

9. Collapse Details

lucky you got out when you did, you were just scraping the surface of what couldve been.

10. Collapse Details

for 14 hours of hell.
    14 hours? I'm sorry dude but grow a pair

11. Collapse Details

yo man..honestly jail makes opiate withdrawal easier than it would be on the street.. i got outta jail a few days ago and i spent 43 days in there fighting a case. i was using at least 18 bags a day of heroin (which wasn't the best dope, probbaly why i was using so much) , at least a gram of crack, and anxiety pills . i spent 8 days in hospital wing for withdrawals.. i felt delirious for a few days, and i did have 6 bags with me when i went in but it was hardly anything worth mentioning. with me personally, when i have to withdraw in jail, there's no time to make my situation any more miserable than it already is, so this survival instinct kicks in where i gotta just ride out whatever i'm faced with, and it's never worse than i imagine it to be . i was doing fuckin terrible before i got got, if it wasnt for it happening i'd be doing bad as ever.. good luck dude

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmans_BrothEr View Post
    14 hours? I'm sorry dude but grow a pair
    Yea whatever, your comments arent necessary. I had never felt withdrawal before nor have I ever gone to jail before. It was a miserable experience, and I'm pretty sure it would be for anyone else in my position.

Thanks for the replies from others. Any idea what to expect from a case like this? Will they drug test me and if I fail go to jail? It will be really hard for me to quit

13. Collapse Details

Yea whatever, your comments arent necessary.
    you open a thread on a public forum and then get pissed when someone voices their opinion

this entire thread up to the last 5 sentences is unnecessary. where this thread would be necessary is legal discussion since your asking about whats going to be your outcome in court. you couldve used the search engine or just common sense to find out whether your going to feel withdrawl from opiates.

but you just had to tell the whole world about the fact that you dealt with w.d in jail (no im sorry, the holding cell of a police station) when you shouldve just put it in your blog where no one will read about how much of a bitch you are

i dont feel bad for you nor should anyone else. you bought, carried and ingested illegal substances fully aware of what the legal and physical repercussions were. and since your obviously such a pussy you probably dimed out whoever it is you got it from for a lesser sentence. so dont bitch about how you got arrested and felt bad for half a day cause what you dealt with was a cakewalk compared to millions of other people.

14. Collapse Details

Hey guys,

I experience flashbacks from it even with OC in my system. My legs still twitch a little, and I get these moments of feeling that evil sickly aura that surrounded me. Is this normal? Anyone feel post-withdrawal symptoms?

Im so stressed now about this shit--- I hired a lawyer and pray I don't have to go to jail again. It's my first offense. Would you guys say me going to jail is pretty improbable given that this is my first offense and it wasn't THAT much?
    That seems like he asked two questions, it may have just been a story, but he did have questions

15. Collapse Details

kick that shit cold turkey. just put up with the miserable symptoms and get it out of your life.

a few weeks will pass and all will be well again. cold turkey is effective, costs nothing and being that one makes the decision to use then it is the same mental process to quit.

counseling did noting for me. methadone maint is a waste.

16. Collapse Details

all i need is my house my gat my act bank account phat it$ goin down like that
    ^cold turkey was not effective in my case. I always wound up getting more so i wouldnt have to feel that way.

So i got subutex and eventually did a painless taper. Bupe has been very good for me in regards to tapering off.

17. Collapse Details

you really can accomplish a lot in jail -

more then realized in the "real-world"

- that is usually until you get out, or most every time that ive gotten out...
    they might say they have set you free, but the real problem lies when you believe them as the only ones who can.

18. Collapse Details

I've gone through heroin withdrawal over ten times its bell but I've quit cold turkey before this kid is a Debbie Downer and wants ppl to feel bad for him I honestly don't I've gone til day 4 of heroin withdrawal more than a few times grow up and quit doing drugs if you can. Handle fourteen little hours of withdrawl

19. Collapse Details

Why the fuck are some of you being a dick to this guy?

OH IT WAS ONLY 14 HOURS WHY DONT YOU GROW A PAIR LOL?!1

Thats ridiculous. 14 hours feels like 14 days in severe withdrawals. Fuck's sake, the poor guy had w/d's which you've all felt and that were obviously amplified due to the stressful situation of being jailed and in a horribly uncomfortable cell. Most people go througrh withdrawal in their home, in the comfort of bed, with plenty water and food and help.

Give the guy a break.

20. Collapse Details

If you didn't want to read what I had to write, then why did you bother reading my entire story? I'm not asking for sympathy I am just telling my story and asking a few questions, and no one else seems to share your viewpoint so go take your stupid ass elsewhere. If the mods wanted to lock this thread up they can do that. Some people get tortured to death, so does that mean no one is allowed to ask questions or discuss anything which isn't as bad as that? You have no logic and your anger no justification.... you just must be some sorry washed up loser, I can't think of any other reason to act like this.

As for the other posters, thanks for the replies. I've been up to 350mg of Oxycodone a day for almost two years now. I've just never had felt the withdrawal before so I didn't know what to expect. I'm sure others have been through worst, but I dont think they should bar me from sharing my experience. I guess the part that made it bad is I kept thinking i'd be out sooner but it got delayed by like 7 hours. If I knew I was in there for a week, i'd just have to buckle down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmans_BrothEr View Post
    you open a thread on a public forum and then get pissed when someone voices their opinion

this entire thread up to the last 5 sentences is unnecessary. where this thread would be necessary is legal discussion since your asking about whats going to be your outcome in court. you couldve used the search engine or just common sense to find out whether your going to feel withdrawl from opiates.

but you just had to tell the whole world about the fact that you dealt with w.d in jail (no im sorry, the holding cell of a police station) when you shouldve just put it in your blog where no one will read about how much of a bitch you are

i dont feel bad for you nor should anyone else. you bought, carried and ingested illegal substances fully aware of what the legal and physical repercussions were. and since your obviously such a pussy you probably dimed out whoever it is you got it from for a lesser sentence. so dont bitch about how you got arrested and felt bad for half a day cause what you dealt with was a cakewalk compared to millions of other people.

21. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Support
    ^ Done.

Closed.