• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone + Hydrocodone Mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cone

Bluelighter
I understand this is a pointless idea, but I have a relatively low tolerance to opes (30mg oxy gets me off all day)

Anyway, I've been clean for a month or so and recently stumbled across a sub strip

I know the danger of this stuff, so i elected to take it slow

I dissolved .5mg under my tongue an hour and a half ago and felt relatively little, so I was wondering if it would be dangerous/pointless to boost it a little with 10mgs or so of hydrocodone?

DON'T DO IT it will put you into the worst instantaneous withdrawals you could possibly imagine... although i don't know if that is true when you do the subs first

Why you say so if you dont even know if its true?

0.5mg of buprenorphine might just boost your hydrocodone, it is not near the amount that blockade effects start.

mrflowers you are incorrect..

If you take the hydrocodone AFTER the suboxone, you will not get thrown into precipitated withdrawals. The suboxone will more than likely diminish the effects of the hydrocodone, but it is definitely possible to break thru the suboxone and still get high on a full agonist opiate. It just may require a higher dose than normal. But be careful doing this.

If you were to take the hydrocodone first, and THEN take suboxone, there is a good chance it will make you sick. though if you are not dependant on opiate/opioids the risk of precipitated withdrawal is much smaller.

At best the low dose of hydrocodone may enhance the effects slightly. Although personally I think it would be a waste of hydrocodone.

I would just save it for another day.

dont take the hydro for 3 days after youve taken the sub so your tolerance goes back to normal.

2mg sub = 66mg of oxy or around 55 of hydro.

this would also be a overdose for you if you are non tolerant and want to go above around 30 something miligrams which is absolutely fkin stupid

You should just use a little more sub, I'd say even if your tolerance is low that 2mg will be enough, plus you won't od. From what I've read it's pretty hard to OD on bupe. I saw this one case where somebody took over 120mgs of bupe and survived, that's a shit load of sub, they said he had withdrawals for 2 days in a row, and they weren't sure what caused it.

Oh and you won't get instant withdrawals from taking hydrocodone while on sub. I don't know how this myth was started, but it's definitly not true. It's actully the other way around. SWIMs never recieved precipitated withdrawals from snorting sub or sublingually taking sub while on agonists such as hydrocodone, morphine, oxycodone etc, but I have recieved it while shooting sub while on an agonist. It's hell on earth, but goes away in about 15 minutes. Most likely the bupe will block the hydrocodone from working properly, but there has been times that SWIM has done agonists while on sub, and nodded out, but the rush will definitly be dulled down. It's a good idea to save the agonist until about 24 hours after you did the sub.

Last edited:
brokedownplace your still incorrect while the buprenorphine wouldn't completely block a full opioid agonist effects the naloxone would since it is a full antagonist but i do think your right about the withdrawals still they're so bad when doing bupe too soon when withdrawaling that i'd never risk that problem

considering the amount of naloxin in subs and the low dose its effects would be negligible, and given the ratio of buprenorphine/naloxin i would be more worried about the bup mu affinity in general. i ll echo the possibility of wasted hydro..

brokedownplace your still incorrect while the buprenorphine wouldn't completely block a full opioid agonist effects the naloxone would since it is a full antagonist but i do think your right about the withdrawals still they're so bad when doing bupe too soon when withdrawaling that i'd never risk that problem

How is it actually possible that people are still making this mistake? Naloxone is NOT absorbed sublingually; you need to bang it for it to be absorbed. No buts, that's just how it is.

Sub > Full agonists just diminishes the effect of the latter, without causing ANY w/d's

Full agonists > Sub DOES (as a rule) cause w/d's.

S

ive moved my postin to slr and other places but i come across this crap and Mrflowers dont talk anymore plz uve been incorrect twice in this thread.

Bupe is stronger than naloxone when it comes to binding to opiate receptors the nalaxone is pretty much inert. even in cases of shotting theres so little nalaxone in it it doesnt even matter.

blockade effects are non existent at this lvl. 1-2mgs of suboxone daily for 6 months. u could take 30-60mgs of oxy and it feels just like it used to before even taking the subs trust me.

bupe has a metabolite when processed and it is a full agonist at non blockade doses which is far above this the metabolite also binds to ur receptors over the naloxone or w/e else u got in u. the metabolite is a very nice high.

taking 10mgs of hydro is pointless tbh.

and sublingual sub doesnt work wortha shit for most ppl if ur looking for buzz. since u have a strip if u liquify another .25 to .5mgs of bupe i bet you'll get a damn good buzz. i'd start at .25 tho. get a spoon, a drop of water, a very thin small straw, snort not hard but make sure it gets up there. pre test with an inert drop of water and see howmuch force it takes to get it to stick in ur nasal membrane.

and enjoy.

/close. Before u post read up on medical shit and not just the rumors u heard from someone cause there prolly wrong. Its crazy how many ppl still dont kno shit about bupe.

I have been on subs for over a year.... slamming the suboxone will cause the naloxone to be released into your system and if you are a heavy user like I was, it will cause you to go into precipitated withdraw I do not recommend you snorting it or slamming it or abusing it in anyway . That's why it has naloxone in it, number one to prevent abusing it and to prevent you from abusing any other opiate . If you take any opiate after taking suboxone, the naloxone will block the opiate from going into your opiate receptors. If you take an opiate and then take a suboxone it will cause you to go into precipitated withdrawl because the naloxone will bump any opiate out of your opiate receptors . Taking more suboxone will not Fuck you up. Suboxone is there to help you come off heroin, methadone, ect. It kinda upsets me that ppl try to abuse suboxone because it is there to help us heroin, opiate users save our lives. It is not for abuse. If your not ready to get off opiates , go use opiates and stop trying to abuse the drug we need to help us get off them. That's my opinion. Im trying to start a better life for.myself, and addiction is a deadly disease I'm trying to fight this disease and I'm fighting for my life.

Definetly a waste of hydrocodone. Just take the suboxone and wait a couple days to take the vicodin. You'll be surprised at how long suboxone clings to your receptors.

you don't have to inject naloxone for it to work you can take it sublingually or orally i don't know where you think your great info came from but they and you are wrong

Because of its opioid agonist effects, buprenorphine is abusable, particularly by individuals who are not physically addicted to opioids. Naloxone is added to buprenorphine to decrease the likelihood of diversion and abuse of the combination product. Sublingual buprenorphine has moderate bioavailability, while sublingual naloxone has poor bioavailability. Thus, when the buprenorphine/naloxone tablet is taken in sublingual form, the buprenorphine opioid agonist effect predominates, and the naloxone does not precipitate opioid withdrawal in the opioid-addicted user.

Naloxone via the parenteral route, however, has good bioavailability. If the sublingual buprenorphine/naloxone tablets are crushed and injected by an opioid-addicted individual, the naloxone effect predominates and can precipitate the opioid withdrawal syndrome.

Under certain circumstances buprenorphine by itself can also precipitate withdrawal in opioid-addicted individuals. This is more likely to occur with higher levels of physical addiction, with short time intervals (e.g., less than 2 hours) between a dose of opioid agonist (e.g., methadone) and a dose of buprenorphine, and with higher doses of buprenorphine.

Taken from here http://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/about.html

There are a number of new and upcoming ways to avoid the potential for abuse.

One problem is that opioid drugs can be crushed or rapidly extracted with alcohol. The SABER (sucrose acetate isobutyrateextended release) technology overcomes this problem because the viscous gel locks the drug into the matrix, despite attempts to crush, melt, or extract it with alcohol.

Another option is to add antagonists, such as naloxoneand naltrexone. Naloxone has a bioavailability of 3% when taken orally, so when a patient takes a drug like Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone in a 4:1 ratio) sublingually, "they're not having any inhibition of the mu-opioid receptor due to the naloxone." But if they attempted to crush and inject the drug, there would be 100% bioavailability of naloxone, and it would inhibit the action of buprenorphine, Dr. Palmer said. The drug is made by Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals Inc.

A similar drug, Oxytrex (oxycodoneand naltrexone) is being developed by Pain Therapeutics Inc. and currently is in phase III trials.

Oxytrex sounds scary for someone who injects oxys after just beating the SABRE.

you don't have to inject naloxone for it to work you can take it sublingually or orally i don't know where you think your great info came from but they and you are wrong

Where is your references? I just showed mine.

^You are correct MrRoot, and thanks for posting the source. Buperenorphine out competes nalaxone at the opiate receptors so regardless of the ROA it is virtually useless and ineffective when taken in combination with Buperenorphine.

wow the amount of false information in this thread is ridiculous haha Obviously you are correct Brokedownpalace its a shame that even people who are talking about how they have a disease and are fighting for their life didnt do any research on what they are actually putting in there system........but i guess its good for some to think it blocks you from bein able to get high

i see you are from morristown i live pretty close to there

wow the amount of false information in this thread is ridiculous haha Obviously you are correct Brokedownpalace its a shame that even people who are talking about how they have a disease and are fighting for their life didnt do any research on what they are actually putting in there system........but i guess its good for some to think it blocks you from bein able to get high

i see you are from morristown i live pretty close to there

Yes I am from Morristown. Where abouts are you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.