• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone + Hydrocodone Mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!!!! The misinformation being spouted out by people who have no idea what they are talking about in this thread is CRAZY!!!!!

I really think Capt H or someone who really knows their stuff needs to come clear some things up with links and sources. Brokedwn however is providing good info, but otherwise I would hate to have someone read some of these posts and act on the misinformation.

I have been on subs for over a year.... slamming the suboxone will cause the naloxone to be released into your system and if you are a heavy user like I was, it will cause you to go into precipitated withdraw I do not recommend you snorting it or slamming it or abusing it in anyway . That's my opinion. Im trying to start a better life for.myself, and addiction is a deadly disease I'm trying to fight this disease and I'm fighting for my life.

I agreed with most of your post and I've just come off Suboxone after 2 months . However I snorted my doses as I found it much more effective and I could take less of the drug . I wasn't trying to get high it just worked so much better for me insuffulated . I don't think snorting Subs is a bad way to do it for a shorterm taper plan. My goal was not to end up dependant on subs while getting of the oxy and it worked . 2 mgs up the nose equaled 4 mgs under the tongue in my case . It's odd that so many people including some doctors don't respect how strong of a drug suboxone is .

Oh yeah and the OPs question was just ridiculous IMO . Way to uneducated to be fooling around with Subs .

wait at least 12 hours to take the hydrocodone. Bupe does stick with you but not in small doses as much. Your dose was relatively small. But if you take a whole 8mg pill you wont feel other opiates fully for a couple days at least and ive seen lots of people get sick when taking too much bupe.

Ive ived every type of bupe and been on and off subutex and suboxone since 2007. The only time suboxone has given me a prec withdrawal is when i inject it after coming off heroin/opiates. I feel a very dizzy like nauseous feeling at that time and i start to get horrible chills almost like a mini seizure sort of. Basically you feel like you def did something very wrong! After about 15 min i feel great though and the sub is working but it really does suck at first. This is not the same as the bupe withdrawal that can also happen. Even if im in a FULL WITHDRAWAL at the time suboxone will still do this to me when IVing. Subutex will not do this to me when i inject it in FULL WITHDRAWAL. And it does not happen if i just take the suboxone by mouth.

BUT i do have to add that i if i have been dosing on bupe then i can safely inject suboxone without any problems occuring. It does not give me as nice a rush as subutex but i feel it and it def works. The ill effects im convinced are solely because of naloxone not mixing well with a full agonist like heroin when injected while the full agonist is still on the receptors. .

The bupe will give you a prec withdrawal also but it feels more like your worst withdrawal ever on another opiate. It happens when you take it before you are in enough of a withdrawal to be able to safely. And every time its happened to me(3 times actually) its really bad for a long time like 2-3 days before i feel 100% and can eat and everything. Progress getting better is slow and doing more heroin/pills etc. will not make you feel better at all, total waste. Doing more bupe will not make you feel better either. You are stuck and have to wait it out.

I personally think that the naloxone works when and only when you have opiates(full agonists) on your receptors. Because if you have been taking bupe and its on your receptors then suboxone WILL NOT put you into prec withdrawal when you IV it. I have had many people tell me they have had these similar experiences also.

There are a couple people that actually have good info on here but i almost feel like mods should edit the misinformation so people are not uninformed.

Last edited:
yeaa dog suboxone is used to counter-act oxycontin, so as soon as the oxy goes in, the brain receptors that make you feel the high you get from oxy, are blocked by the subs, so its pretty much like eating a sandwich and expecting to get high;)

^This thread is about hydrocodone not oxycodone. Not that important in your example but it is worthwhile to be accurate when referring to powerful drugs.

As it is answered I'm going to close it now anyways. If you take the bupe first you can't get precipitated withdrawal and small doses of bupe won't have a blockade effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.