View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-E Death in Oklahoma: Mislabeled Bromo-Dragonfly

villian

Bluelighter
This thread is about the incident in Oklahoma on may 7th, the other thread is about the incident in Minneapolis.
If there are other incidents they will be shared under these two threads.

the other thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=571535

[original post:]

For the second time in just over 2 months, another group of kids overdose on 2C-E and one dies.

The guy who supplied it has been charged with murder.

At least one person is dead and others injured after more than a half-dozen people overdosed on an ecstasy like drug in Konawata.

The Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation said a 911 call early Saturday morning led authorities to the scene.

Upon arrival, they found eight young adults--ranging in age from 19 to their early 20s--suffering from severe drug toxicity from the drug 2C-E.The drug is described as a powerful hallucinogenic similar to the drug ecstasy.

One victim was transported to a Seminole hospital where she was pronounced dead. Two others remain in very critical condition, according to the OSBI. Conditions of the five other victims are not known.

The man who authorities suspect supplied the drug, 20-year-old Cody Weddle, was arrested while visiting one of the victims at the hospital. Weddle is facing first degree murder charges.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office requested OSBI assistance. Pontotoc County Sheriff's Office and the Ada Police Department have also aided in this case.

source @ http://www.newson6.com/story/145931...ass-drug-overdose-in-konawata?redirected=true

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, 2c-E is going DOWN.

I'm wondering how These kids went about dosing, i.e. if they pouring amounts of it out and snorting it..

yikes. got to be so careful

i wonder about the quality of the 2c-e

traumatic for the others who lost their friend

i don't think this weddle guy wanted to murder them

ugh :(.. who didn't see this coming after the huge publicity RC's have had in the UK. The world is to small for one batch of idiots to fuck and another batch of responsible users to not pay to pay the price of their ignorance.

I've recently heard from a few people that I know personally, that they actually have encountered individuals that helped spread the spice/k2 variant train to counters of stores around the east coast particularly (apparently they made a quite a bit of money... cunts). Makes me sick.

i was such a mess at that age that i am sure i would have been among their numbers. i was snorting, smoking, shooting, dropping, drinking and huffing any fucking thing that i could find.

all is better now !

This was on the wikipedia 2C-E page pretty quickly, but the news article citing it has since been removed.

From what I remember it said 11 of them took the drug, wracking up lines described by one of them "half the width of a pencil and as long as a lighter".

The kid whose birthday it was got to choose first, so naturally chose the biggest line, and died. The rest snorted theirs up, everyone started puking pretty quickly, and they held off for a while before calling the ambulance.

The guy who has been charged with murder was found with a bag containing 9g of what he told the others taking the drug and the officers to be 2C-I, which upon GC:MS analysis was found to be 2C-E.

It's my suspicion that he'd purchased 10g, maybe been shown once or twice what an eyeball line of 15-20mg looks like, and didn't realise quite how powerful the substance he was playing around with was, assuming that ~1g between 11 people would be fine.

I've a suspicion based on every other 2C-x death I've heard of. I reckon, if they'd have administered orally rather than intranasally that kid would still be alive, and whilst they might all have still tripped waaaaaay harder than they wanted to and could well have some psychological issues coming out of that, they wouldn't also have the death of their friend to deal with whilst dealing with their own psychological problems.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

HerrSchnaufer you are talking about the incident from 2 months ago. This happened today.

That is absolutely fucking ridiculous that he is being charged with first degree murder.
I can't even believe that.

I can.

Drug justice equates to no real justice at all, unfortunately.

If they know what they were taking, and willingly took it, how is it first degree murder?

^^ I think thouart was just saying that he can still believe it, because drug policy is almost always the opposite of what would be fair/just/reasonable.

Anyway, yeah, a murder charge is complete horseshit, hopefully a jury agrees with me on that one. If this guy deserves a murder charge for selling a drug that someone overdosed on, I look forward to the millions of murder charges that will surely be filed against every alcohol and tobacco company in the world. I can see some kind of criminal negligence charge being somewhat reasonable if he provided it in dangerously large doses and represented it as safe to consume. It's kind of hard to say what a 'fair' way to deal with situations like these, since the obvious rational solution is to educate people about health risks and legalize the market so it can be regulated.

I don't have the source handy, but I remember reading the text of a bill that's sitting in some Congressional committee right now, which would add around a half dozen of the most popular 2Cs (I, E, C, D, P and N, I think?) to Schedule I. It's expected to make it out of committee and if it does, it'll almost certainly be passed. I'd say there's a 90% chance 2CE and many of its cousins will be illegal in the US by the end of the year.

this saddens me...

and in regards to the murder charge, its just a tactic employed by the police to scare people into an otherwise unfavorable plea bargain. Cops can be bastards

this compound could've helped many people... here's a quote from Sasha regarding 2c-e (when properly used of course)
In all of your years of laboratory & personal explorations, what is the most interesting compound you have examined?

Sasha: I would put 2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethylphenethylamine very high on that list. It allowed two opposite energies to blend together in, for me, a unique way. On one hand, it took complete control over me, in that it presented visions, or thought trails, or memories that could not be ignored. "Do not move on from this place until you have resolved the questions that have come up or resolved the problem now at hand." Once this was all completed I could move on to the next scene. And yet, at the same time, I had complete control over it. The answers and conclusions were totally my own. It was a rich day, although exhausting, as it seemed as if it would never end. But I did not want it to end. There were many facets, many nuances, and a totally clear recall of all that went on. An interesting compound.

The hardships faced by the Shulgins currently weigh heavily on me, and i can only hope some of the cognitive deficits caused by his stroke, and the more pressing matters his family is dealing with, keep his mind off of these recent unfortunate events involving 2C-E. The thought of any additional suffering coming to him & his loved ones as a result of irresponsible use of his gifts to humanity is lamentable.

Last edited:
What sort've dose range would you have to be hitting to get to dangerous/overdose levels with 2C-E?

What sort've dose range would you have to be hitting to get to dangerous/overdose levels with 2C-E?

People normally do 10 -25 mg, a very strong dose is 35-40 mg. I would assume that 50 mg + starts being feelsbadman territory and you start seeing serious health issues at 70 mg, 100 mg probably being fatal in some people. But it depends on route of administration, i.e. 80 mg IV might kill you but 120 mg oral will just make you puke your guts out (to pull some arbitrary numbers out of my ass).
It's hard to say until they make 1000 human clones that can't feel pain or sadness and give them increasing doses of 2C-E to find the LD50. And I doubt that'll ever happen.

yeah, there are some reports of people safely dosing 100mg, but supposedly that's roughly the dose that killed the guy in Blaine, MN a few weeks ago. Once you get above 70-80mg its really a guessing game it seems...

yeah, there are some reports of people safely dosing 100mg, but supposedly that's roughly the dose that killed the guy in Blaine, MN a few weeks ago. Once you get above 70-80mg its really a guessing game it seems...

Plus the guy in Blaine snorted it.. the 2Cs are all a quite a bit stronger when taken that way.

I don't know why anyone would ever take near that dose though.

2C-E : Death Still Go On...

http://www.newson6.com/story/145931...ass-drug-overdose-in-konawata?redirected=true

NewsOn6.com

KONAWA, Oklahoma -- At least one person is dead and others are injured after more than a half-dozen people overdosed on an ecstasy-like drug in Konawa.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said a 911 call early Saturday morning led authorities to the scene.

Upon arrival, they found eight young adults--ranging in age from 19 to their early 20s--suffering from severe drug toxicity from the substance 2C-E. The drug is described as a powerful hallucinogenic similar to ecstasy.

One victim was transported to a Seminole hospital where she was pronounced dead. Seven others remain in the hospital, with two of them in critical condition.

One of the seven victims includes a woman named Madison Wolf, who we are told remains in an induced coma after she consumed the psychedelic drug.

"It can increase body temperature, it can cause hallucinations; it is a synthetic designer drug. Part of this 2-C family is designated by the DEA as a controlled substance, other parts are not," said CBS News Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton.

The drug, OSBI officials say, is similar to other wildly popular drugs.

"It's accessible online, and people can be lulled into false sense of security by thinking, look if I can get it on the internet it must be safe, obviously as we see here it can be deadly," said Dr. Ashton.

The man who authorities suspect supplied the drug, 20-year-old Cody Weddle, was arrested while visiting one of the victims at the hospital. Weddle is facing first degree murder charges.

The drug has already killed a teen in Minnesota and now at least one other in Konawa.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office requested OSBI assistance. Pontotoc County Sheriff's Office and the Ada Police Department have also aided in this case.

8)8)

These posts really belong in DitM but if they remain civil and on a discussion level I see no reason for there not to be a thread in PD discussing such events. Try to keep it intellectual.

Why is this 2c killing people? Surely people have taken stupid doses of other 2c's even in combination with stimulants. Death at ~100mg gives this a shitty therapeutic index for a drug that's available in this manner (idiots distributing it at parties). Even the much despised MDPV which is abused way more than 2c-e hasnt killed anyone yet AFAIK.
Does it have MAOI activity at higher doses like 2c-t-7? 2c-i felt worse on the cardiovascular system to me at normal doses and I always thought it was the most common 2c.