• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-E Death in Oklahoma: Mislabeled Bromo-Dragonfly

I realize that you are not of this opinion, but by this same token we would be arresting bartenders for drunk driving offenses committed by drunks.

i believe legally, the bartender is supposed to "cut-off" a person that is "visibly intoxicated." how far that REALLY goes though, idk.

p.s. please correct me if i am wrong :)

This. I had the exact same thought. 1.5mg doses and not one, but two deaths. Something is very wrong here...

the police affidavit says they dissolved a gram in a litre of water. so it would have been 1mg/ml

I just want to say that 2C-E is nothing like ecstasy/mdma. Mdma = euphoria, loving, happiness, sometimes energy. 2C-E = psychedelic, visuals.
I have only tried 2C-E and 2C-I ... last time I took 18 mg of 2C-E orally. Don't know what the difference is by snorting it. But I can imagine that they did way too much! ALSO it can make people puke, 2C-I makes me puke anyway. (I don't do it anymore :s)
And to be honest I would have thought that people that age would have been smart enough by now! I'm 20 years old and just got into drugs in general like half a year ago and I'm way smarter than that! I'm not sure going to take whatever and snort lines of it without knowing the recommended dose!
You've got to be smart about it.
But really ... one death and it's banned?!? Why aren't alcohol and cigarettes banned?!?
I don't understand this!
Cigarettes and alcohol aren't illegal because they are both taxed on a state and federal level therefore both of them make bank off it.

I realize that you are not of this opinion, but by this same token we would be arresting bartenders for drunk driving offenses committed by drunks.

You realize this already exists right? Dram shop laws. If you've ever been a bartender you've had to hear about them.

From wiki:

Dram shop liability refers to the body of law governing the liability of taverns, liquor stores and other commercial establishments that serve alcoholic beverages. Generally, dram shop laws establish the liability of establishments arising out of the sale of alcohol to visibly intoxicated persons or minors who subsequently cause death or injury to third-parties (those not having a relationship to the bar) as a result of alcohol-related car crashes and other accidents.

Jewell and Akerman died after ingesting a hallucinogenic drug authorities suspect was Bromo-DragonFLY at a Party near Konawa May 7. Officials said Weddle ordered the drug — which he believed was 2C-E — over the Internet from a company based in China.

Tests are being conducted to determine exactly what the substance may have been.

Josh Dean, District 22 Drug Task Force agent, said Thursday it will be approximately one month before results are in. He said those testing the substance must first acquire an actual sample of Bromo-DragonFLY for a comparison.

http://adaeveningnews.com/local/x467554809/Bond-set-for-Weddle .

]I do not understand with their "Harm Reduction" reason-for-being why Bluelight will not even allow mention of that site...

Do you even know the history of that particular database site? Its been really shady in the past, with questionable reviews by vendor shills etc. It was created by a couple of shady-asses as a way to mine source info, anyways.

I really don't think its bluelight's responsibility to get involved with source verification in any way, the whole issue becomes a mess too quickly.

Do you even know the history of that particular database site? Its been really shady in the past, with questionable reviews by vendor shills etc. It was created by a couple of shady-asses as a way to mine source info, anyways.

I really don't think its bluelight's responsibility to get involved with source verification in any way, the whole issue becomes a mess too quickly.

I understand that Rog.

BUT YOU MISUNDERSTOOD MY POINT: Bluelight Mods delberately identified chemicology in the sticky topic at the top of PD, because it vanished, and because of the severe imminent danger. So I see no reason not to identify btmg as the cause of that incident of 2C-P mislabeled as Mephedrone, because that vendor also closed shortly after that indent and remains closed. I see *NO* reason NOT to say who that btmg vendor was if they ARE identifying Chemicology.

There is NO rational reason or difference to justify identifying one and not the other. It's totally illogical and schizophrenic, IMO. Perhaps that other vendor was a financial contributor to BL and they did not want to step on those toes (yes, I am deliberately trolling with this inflammatory suggestion, sorry, I cant help myself sometimes).

It was a couple years ago, and vendor said they were able trace everything, and got ahold of like all but 2 of the recipients, but if they were sloppy enough to have made the error in the first place, you can't really be certain about their records-keeping and forensic reconstruction accuracy now can you?

Earlier in this thread I believe one of the persons that almost died makes a post. Ill let you scroll thru all 5 pages to find it :)

Whoa! Considering the way some people use their mephedrone it is a miracle no one died. I can just see someone ripping a gram at once... :!

This whole case got me thinking!

I've just received some 4-ho-met. And I thought fuck if it is a dragon fly or other potent substance?

Do you think It's a good idea to just take 1mg in order to see if its not something that would kill me at 20mgs

or am i just getting paranoid?

I never try a real dose of any designer drug until I do a 1mg or less test. You never what the fuck they could have sent you (by mistake or otherwise). Not worth the risk of a hospital trip or dying, IMO.

Oklahoma has a chance to save another life, but they will probably incarcerate Cody for the rest of his life instead. Some time, counseling, and some creative alternative sentencing teaching him to save lives would be more appropriate.

Sometimes our society is so barbaric in its thinking.

It's a tragedy from every angle I look at it.

This whole case got me thinking!

I've just received some 4-ho-met. And I thought fuck if it is a dragon fly or other potent substance?

Do you think It's a good idea to just take 1mg in order to see if its not something that would kill me at 20mgs

or am i just getting paranoid?

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

You should do this with every new batch of chemicals you get, it is not paranoia, it's smart.

Oklahoma has a chance to save another life, but they will probably incarcerate Cody for the rest of his life instead. Some time, counseling, and some creative alternative sentencing teaching him to save lives would be more appropriate.

Sometimes our society is so barbaric in its thinking.

It's a tragedy from every angle I look at it.

Not trying it at 1mg on himself first to be sure he got what he thought he got... then supplying the untested substance in liquid form to a PARTY scene... both were dangerous and irresponsible things to do.

But I doubt he will be convicted of murder, which implies prior intent to kill I believe... he will probably confess to or be convicted of manslaughter and be out in 5-10 years, I would think.

I had found the stories of 2C-E deaths earlier today and was dissappointed that such a wonderful chemical had resulted in death, and left wondering just what kind of insane doses must have been involved. I've done 45mg with feeling sick and have read of others doing okay with well over 100mg(though I would consider such a dose a bad idea). Article after article seemed to point the finger at 2C-E, until I found this, Not surprised at all that something like Bromo Dragonfly was the true culprit, as the same chemical has resulted in fatalities in other cases of misrepresented products.

There was a time long ago that I just assumed what I ordered was what I got and did no test dosing. After learning of multiple cases of mistakes such as DOI being sold as 2C-I, I changed my ways. (The vendor that made that screw up was one I had used multiple times).

I should mention that once I ordered diazepam and got what I believe was phenazepam instead.

When I get a new batch of any chemical, I try snorting 1mg, then waiting a couple of hours. If I feel nothing, I will try snorting, smoking, or eating a 5mg dose. For most things, that should tell you if it is something of similar potency to what you have ordered, though if it is something active only at high amounts (methylone, for example), you might try another 25mg dose just to be sure.

With things as potent as Bromo Dragonfly, 25C/I-NBOMe, and AM-2201(which from what I have read doesn't leave much room for error with 2mg smoked being a good time and a 5-10mg dose range causing breathing trouble and unconscious users vomiting on their backs(aspiration can kill) and cardiac arrest at several times more) going around, such a vendor fuck up could easily kill, and as seen here, has happened once again.

All this would be prevented if everything were just legalized and drugs were regulated for purity and substance ID. They are willing to allow sale and regulation of two of the deadliest, most destructive drugs out there, alcohol and tobacco

I recently heard of MDPV being sold as mephedrone resulting in ODs and at least one person sent to the intensive care unit at the hospital. I know at least one person snorted either 300mg or 400mg. Not sure when this was, but these things happen. No permanent damage, but the guy was bad off at the hospital.

I have had the misfortune of dosing 5mg diazepam and 50mg DOI instead of 5mg of DOI and 50mg diazepam when I took both bags out to measure my doses from, which did no lasting damage to me but sure wasn't the heavy relaxation with mild/moderate psychedelia I was going for. Parts of it were hellish. I now also double or triple check any bag or container before measuring a dose. You should always even double check with your own stash. I am not the first to make that type of mistake. One person made a similar mistake and snorted like 250mg 5-meo-dalt.

Now I hear of a 2C-P/4MMC mixup. If 2C-P was sold as 4MMC, I imagine that could easily kill. 2C-P is one of the most potent chemicals in its class.

Ingesting any chemical without first doing some potency tests is like playing Russian roulette. These mix ups seem to have gotten more common as of late.

I fully expect 2C-E to be added to schedule 1 even though the true culprit has been identified. I did not see any retractions or corrections in the news articles that wrongly blamed 2C-E for the deaths.

Or am I perhaps mixing this case up with a separate case where 2C-E did actually kill someone?

In any case, I'm ordering half a gram while I still can.

Last edited: