• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-E Death in Oklahoma: Mislabeled Bromo-Dragonfly

So tell me then, How come everyone didn't die off 15mg Bromo-dragonlfy?

The other old BDLY case had both people die at around 10mg correct?
Or in the very least lose limbs?

i wouldn't be really surprised at this random chinese vendor purposefully diluting it and passing it off as 2c-e because he has an overstock of bromo-dragonfly.

Last edited:
That would certainly be quite something, the duration of bromo-dragonfly is much longer and I should hope the dangers are known, at least to handle this material you should be aware of the potency and dangers so I assume a vendor would read up at least on the very basics.

As if it is good for business putting people at risk and having them discover most definitely that you sold something else instead of 2C-E. If you are going to fool people you might as well send them baking powder or nothing at all.

It wouldn't make sense, but I am not saying retarded people do not exist.

^alibaba can be pretty anonymous. the chinese shame-culture would have a (to us at least) surpising lack of morality when it comes to dealings where there is little or no contact with the 'face'. while our sense of moral responsability is towards an abstract rule or rule giver (guilt-culture), theirs is about losing face in face of another. the lack of such a face, or being able to simply hide theirs is not helping their sense of responsability.

such a basis for morality also leads to value conflics that are pretty alien to ours, such as, in case of absence of a product, a sense that it may be more important to make a delivery (avoiding immediate loss of face), even though it is not exactly the product asked (but 'similar enough', or 'good enough') then to have to say 'sorry, we cannot procure the product requested at this time'. this presupposes of course the customer at least being 'relatively satisfied' or accepting the 'close enough'. this is an individual assessment of the vendor towards the customer ('s face). thus, here the discovery that it is actually something a little different is not as important as getting the customer (more or less) the type of satisfaction he is seeking, which is viewed as morally superior to 'the exact product' in case of such an aforementioned assessment.

Last edited:
Damn, 2c-E is going DOWN.

I'm wondering how These kids went about dosing, i.e. if they pouring amounts of it out and snorting it..

I've seen people doing this and it's not particularly toxic.

That sounds pretty dumb - I'm sure it's not good for you, but unless you have a heart condition (or sumat), then 2C-E is pretty benign.

This is an email I recieved the other day, only just checked my account, so thought I would share.

"We thought it important to warn our members about the following:

On March 17th in Minneapolis and on May 7th in Oklahoma two groups of 19 people total were hospitalized and 3 people died after the ingestion of 2C-E.

2C-E has been used over 20 years without serious incidents. 2C-E its onset takes 2 hours, while the victims experienced effects after only one hour. This gives a serious indication that the 2C-E bought over the internet was tainted or mislabeled. We have just received news that this is indeed the case.

According to police the 2C-E involved in the death in Oklahoma was purchased from chemicology.net The website is no longer active- and it is unclear if it was taken down voluntarily or by the authorities. It is very likely that the Chemicology was
supplied this 2C-E by a Chinese vendor. Chemicology was a US based vendor selling only 2C-E and 2C-I .

If you have bought product from this vendor then do NOT consume it nor let others consume it. If you have purchased any product from them recently please contact the staff.

The 2C-E causing the Minneapolis death and hospitalizations is said to be ordered online from a Chinese vendor. It is currently not known which Chinese vendor is involved, nor if this vendor supplied other research chemical vendors.
For this reason we urge you to avoid all 2C-E. Please spread the word. "

Last edited:
If it was bromo-fly, even if it was impure, why didn't anyone mention chest pain? Chest pain, is one of the most reported side effects, at a typical therapeutic dose. I suppose, they could have been just that fucked up, and couldn't communicate. Does anyone have any real sources to this, particularly a gc/ms test?

To me the most unbelievable part of this is that someone ordered through Alibaba and actually received something!

I always thought they were a honeypot that just existed to rip off kids who would read news articles about "legal drugs" like 2-C-E, Google it, and then try to order from the first site they found.

If you can verify the individual sources on alibaba, you can order stuff without getting ripped off.

I'm willing to bet these kids never heard of 2c-e, until the overdoses, a few months ago. Probably thought they could make a good bit of money, but were too naive, to look into the negative aspects. I could be wrong though.

I very highly doubt that anyone has recently ordered anything off Alibaba and actually received the compound they ordered. Some of the companies listed on there have everything from cocaine to LSD to the most obscure RCs listed for sale. Whenever I looked at stuff on there it seemed far to likely to be a scam. The anonymity factor of the whole website seems to work perfectly for vendors to send out cut products or completely different products all together.

Its tragic things had to transpire this way and that there is not more vendor accountability in this industry.

I very highly doubt that anyone has recently ordered anything off Alibaba and actually received the compound they ordered. Some of the companies listed on there have everything from cocaine to LSD to the most obscure RCs listed for sale..

Yes a good majority are scams, but I assure you, some are legit. I'm not going to get into a vendor discussion here, but some vendors on their are honest. Pretty much, if it looks too good to be true, most likely it is. I know a person who has successfully ordered from there, not long ago. But that's all I have to say about it.

Its tragic things had to transpire this way and that there is not more vendor accountability in this industry.

This incenses me as well. Part of this issue is Bluelight (as great as it is...)

I understand Bluelight's policy on not facilitating trading by not allowing mention of vendors. But there IS a site that lets people check if individual vendors or emails are safe or scam or make lots of errors or whatever, and post threaded comments about them and give them ratings... vendors of anything actually... or other websites or services or even individuals, whatever they want... but there's no list anyone can see by design, you have to input the address and it tells you if there is a thread for that address it takes you to it.

I do not understand with their "Harm Reduction" reason-for-being why Bluelight will not even allow mention of that site... which seems to have a very HIGH contribution to make to Harm Reduction by warning people of vendors with dangerous practices like chemical substitution or frequent errors. It's probably the case that others would have warned about this vendor already and this Br-Drfly labeled as 2C-E tragedy in OKL would have been avoided.

However it's against the rules to name name even that; though it shouldn't be too hard to find.

IMO someone ought to try and query or petition the collective of funders of BL about reconsidering their ban against mentioning that service. I hope I don't get banned for trying to foment change :! in the name of safety <3 haha :D... I think :\ 8)

^couldnt agree with you more.

if places like erowid and shroomery and pillreports are able to be sourced, why not another site that also provides indispensable information, in the name of harm reduction.

none of this coheres well to me... I've dosed up to 60mg orally with unpleasant side effects but nothign even closely resembling danger... have had friends that have snorted up to 40mg...

now granted these aren't QUITE the doses we're talking about here but nothing I've seen suggests an LD50 close to this? I just don't understand, I suppose... it is really disgusting to see the media bastardize this.

"At least one person is dead and others are injured after more than a half-dozen people overdosed on an ecstasy-like drug in Konawa."

There is so much wrong with this statement it disgusts me. Sure, they're both phenethylamines but but describing 2c-e as an "ecstasy-like" drug? The fact that they even used the term "ectsasy" reeks of unprofessionalism to me. DIsgusting.

I agree with you 100%. But I believe the reason they used Ecstasy as the example because it's more common than Mescaline which 2c-E is an analogue of. Also, E has been talked about more throughout the media unlike the 2c's.

Even though alibaba is not a source itself (the only thing about it I will say is avoid it, such mediating sites are often not reliable), please stop discussing it immediately. Thanks.

Doesn't add up.

He mixed it at 1mg or every 10 ml in a 1 liter soda bottle.

They even dosed it out 15 ml every person in a labeled dropper.

Is that a typo you made?

You said that there is 1 mg mystery chemical for every 10 ml volume of liquid... and you say they took 15 ml.

That is only (1mg/10ml)*(15ml) = 1.5 mg.

Even if it were bromodragonfly, 1.5 mg wouldn't have had the effects that occurred, and no one would have died.

Can you please check your math and correct your story?

I just want to say that 2C-E is nothing like ecstasy/mdma. Mdma = euphoria, loving, happiness, sometimes energy. 2C-E = psychedelic, visuals.
I have only tried 2C-E and 2C-I ... last time I took 18 mg of 2C-E orally. Don't know what the difference is by snorting it. But I can imagine that they did way too much! ALSO it can make people puke, 2C-I makes me puke anyway. (I don't do it anymore :s)
And to be honest I would have thought that people that age would have been smart enough by now! I'm 20 years old and just got into drugs in general like half a year ago and I'm way smarter than that! I'm not sure going to take whatever and snort lines of it without knowing the recommended dose!
You've got to be smart about it.
But really ... one death and it's banned?!? Why aren't alcohol and cigarettes banned?!?
I don't understand this!

Is that a typo you made?

You said that there is 1 mg mystery chemical for every 10 ml volume of liquid... and you say they took 15 ml.

That is only (1mg/10ml)*(15ml) = 1.5 mg.

Even if it were bromodragonfly, 1.5 mg wouldn't have had the effects that occurred, and no one would have died.

Can you please check your math and correct your story?

This. I had the exact same thought. 1.5mg doses and not one, but two deaths. Something is very wrong here...