• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does 10MG adderall Last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak Thizz

Bluelighter
Well I was prescribed 10mg adderall IR a day, then i went today and i got prescribed 20mg/day with 2 10mg IR doses during the day. I take one at say around 9:30 AM then the other at lunch. Would they combine or would it wear off by that time?

Depending on stomach contents and individual body chemistry, along with tolerance, of course.

A 10mg IR should last between 3 and 5 hours. So if you take one at 9:30am, it will have almost completely worn off by the time you take the second one (at lunch time).

However, that "3 to 5 hour" time can vary. I know people who take a 10mg IR in the morning and are speeding all day, and I know other people who need to redose every two hours. Everybody is different.

There may be some overlap, but Adderall IR usually lasts anywhere from 4-6 hours depending on an individuals metabolism.

Does it make a difference if I'm taking Wellbutrin 150MG and Multivitamins/Fish oil too? would it potentiate it in any way?

Are you prescribed to take the Wellbutrin and the Adderall?

Mixing Wellbutrin (bupropion) with amphetamines such as Adderall is associated with an increased risk of seizures, because both of these drugs lower the seizure threshold. [Source]

I don't recommend mixing the two unless directed to by your doctor.

Tweak once it does not matter what your taking. It just depends how your body chemically interacts and metabolizes the product your taking. Furthermore, that is why there is such a wide range of times a drug will be effective. For one person it may be 8 hours for another it is 2. Therefore, they usually say 3-5. Personally, if i take any amphetamines I cant sleep for at least 8 hours after the consumption. (waah )

Oh on the Wellbutrin there is really no side effects to taking both. In fact, at my pharmacy the patient sometimes uses both. Therefore, there will be no effect. Furthermore, your Fish oil and multi-vitamin is mostly water soluble.

(Source Pharm Tech) Hope that helps you!

Are you prescribed to take the Wellbutrin and the Adderall?

Mixing Wellbutrin (bupropion) with amphetamines such as Adderall is associated with an increased risk of seizures, because both of these drugs lower the seizure threshold. [Source]

I don't recommend mixing the two unless directed to by your doctor.

Its directed by my doctor, she says its fine. I haven't noticed any seizure-like effects so i think its ok :)

Tweak once it does not matter what your taking. It just depends how your body chemically interacts and metabolizes the product your taking. Furthermore, that is why there is such a wide range of times a drug will be effective. For one person it may be 8 hours for another it is 2. Therefore, they usually say 3-5. Personally, if i take any amphetamines I cant sleep for at least 8 hours after the consumption. (waah )

Oh on the Wellbutrin there is really no side effects to taking both. In fact, at my pharmacy the patient sometimes uses both. Therefore, there will be no effect. Furthermore, your Fish oil and multi-vitamin is mostly water soluble.

(Source Pharm Tech) Hope that helps you!

useful post, I appreciate it. Thanks! :D

There are well-documented cases of individuals mixing drugs that lower the seizure threshold having seizures. Just because one patient at one pharmacy mixes them doesn't mean that situation can be applied to everybody. In fact, it is dangerous to make such an assumption.

Tweak Thizz, the fact that your doctor prescribed this combination means its safe, I would still tread carefully in regards to increasing dosages of either the Wellbutrin and/or the Adderall, as the seizure risk is still present.

Last edited:
There are well-documented cases of individuals mixing drugs that lower the seizure threshold having seizures. Just because one patient at one pharmacy mixes them doesn't mean that situation can be applied to everybody. In fact, it is dangerous to make such an assumption.

Tweak Thizz, the fact that your doctor prescribed this combination means its safe, I would still tread carefully in regards to increasing dosages of either the Wellbutrin and/or the Adderall, as the seizure risk is still present.

Alright, thanks. I'll be aware of it. If i start to notice any of those seizure effects I'll talk to my doctor about it. I think I'll be okay though since its just a low dose of both adderall and wellbutrin as well

^You should be fine, as your doctor knows you're taking both of those drugs and the doses that you're using. Use under medical supervision is safe.

I was more trying to make the point that just because it's safe for one person to do it doesn't mean that it's safe for somebody else to do it.

^You should be fine, as your doctor knows you're taking both of those drugs and the doses that you're using. Use under medical supervision is safe.

I was more trying to make the point that just because it's safe for one person to do it doesn't mean that it's safe for somebody else to do it.

Yeah I know what you mean :p by the way, do you think the wellbutrin would potentiate the adderall effect in any way?

^ neighborhoodthreat

Sorry I assumed he was prescribed both of it not one of the above. (I was not looking at recreational use at all)

As Wellbutrin does have stimulant properties, it certainly could potentiate the Adderall, yes.

You're taking your prescribed doses, correct?

It will most likely enhance the stimulant effects of the Adderall, however, there is a chance that it will enhance the negative effects of the Adderall, anxiety, for example.

It is very dependent on individual reaction, but I know your doctors know you better than I do. :)

10-30mgs + 2tums 1hr before has me speeding all day...and yah definitely dont fuck with wellbutrin and adderall at the same time...

"MANAGEMENT: Extreme caution is advised if bupropion is administered with any substance that can reduce the seizure threshold, particularly in the elderly and in patients with a history of seizures or other risk factors for seizures (e.g., head trauma; brain tumor; severe hepatic cirrhosis; metabolic disorders; CNS infections; excessive use of alcohol or sedatives; addiction to opiates, cocaine, or stimulants; diabetes treated with oral hypoglycemic agents or insulin). Bupropion as well as concomitant medications should be initiated at the lower end of the dose range and titrated gradually if feasible. The total dose of bupropion should generally not exceed 450 mg/day (or 150 mg every other day in patients with severe hepatic cirrhosis). Bupropion should be discontinued and not restarted in patients who experience a seizure during treatment."

source: http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/adderall-with-wellbutrin-190-1645-440-203.html

when i first started adderall, duration lasted 12+ hrs, nowadays im high for 3+hrs, with a hefty crash.

Well the other day I took 30 mg 1 hr before breakfast and went to college. It really worked for me, however even though I weight 200 pounds, 30 mg was too much for me cause I got some annoying palpitations and feeling in the chest.

I only take adderall ~5 times a year and I am very sensitive to stimulants. 10mg of Adderall taken in the morning and I'll have trouble sleeping that night and probably wont eat anything after I take it, it makes the thought of food absolutely repulsive to me. But I can sit all the library and study ALL day.

Status
Not open for further replies.