Bluelight

Thread: How long does 10MG adderall Last?

1. Collapse Details
    How long does 10MG adderall Last? 
    Well I was prescribed 10mg adderall IR a day, then i went today and i got prescribed 20mg/day with 2 10mg IR doses during the day. I take one at say around 9:30 AM then the other at lunch. Would they combine or would it wear off by that time?

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Depending on stomach contents and individual body chemistry, along with tolerance, of course.

A 10mg IR should last between 3 and 5 hours. So if you take one at 9:30am, it will have almost completely worn off by the time you take the second one (at lunch time).

However, that "3 to 5 hour" time can vary. I know people who take a 10mg IR in the morning and are speeding all day, and I know other people who need to redose every two hours. Everybody is different.

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

3. Collapse Details

There may be some overlap, but Adderall IR usually lasts anywhere from 4-6 hours depending on an individuals metabolism.

4. Collapse Details

Does it make a difference if I'm taking Wellbutrin 150MG and Multivitamins/Fish oil too? would it potentiate it in any way?

5. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Are you prescribed to take the Wellbutrin and the Adderall?

Mixing Wellbutrin (bupropion) with amphetamines such as Adderall is associated with an increased risk of seizures, because both of these drugs lower the seizure threshold. [Source]

I don't recommend mixing the two unless directed to by your doctor.

BDD Guidelines! - BLUA - BL Search! - Conversions for Opiates & Benzos - Save Your Liver Do a CWE

6. Collapse Details

Tweak once it does not matter what your taking. It just depends how your body chemically interacts and metabolizes the product your taking. Furthermore, that is why there is such a wide range of times a drug will be effective. For one person it may be 8 hours for another it is 2. Therefore, they usually say 3-5. Personally, if i take any amphetamines I cant sleep for at least 8 hours after the consumption. (waah )

Oh on the Wellbutrin there is really no side effects to taking both. In fact, at my pharmacy the patient sometimes uses both. Therefore, there will be no effect. Furthermore, your Fish oil and multi-vitamin is mostly water soluble.

(Source Pharm Tech) Hope that helps you!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NeighborhoodThreat View Post
    Are you prescribed to take the Wellbutrin and the Adderall?

Mixing Wellbutrin (bupropion) with amphetamines such as Adderall is associated with an increased risk of seizures, because both of these drugs lower the seizure threshold. [Source]

I don't recommend mixing the two unless directed to by your doctor.
    Its directed by my doctor, she says its fine. I haven't noticed any seizure-like effects so i think its ok

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by IamSam12323 View Post
    Tweak once it does not matter what your taking. It just depends how your body chemically interacts and metabolizes the product your taking. Furthermore, that is why there is such a wide range of times a drug will be effective. For one person it may be 8 hours for another it is 2. Therefore, they usually say 3-5. Personally, if i take any amphetamines I cant sleep for at least 8 hours after the consumption. (waah )

Oh on the Wellbutrin there is really no side effects to taking both. In fact, at my pharmacy the patient sometimes uses both. Therefore, there will be no effect. Furthermore, your Fish oil and multi-vitamin is mostly water soluble.

(Source Pharm Tech) Hope that helps you!
    useful post, I appreciate it. Thanks!

9. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    There are well-documented cases of individuals mixing drugs that lower the seizure threshold having seizures. Just because one patient at one pharmacy mixes them doesn't mean that situation can be applied to everybody. In fact, it is dangerous to make such an assumption.

Tweak Thizz, the fact that your doctor prescribed this combination means its safe, I would still tread carefully in regards to increasing dosages of either the Wellbutrin and/or the Adderall, as the seizure risk is still present.
    Last edited by NeighborhoodThreat; 06-05-2011 at 20:47.

10. Collapse Details

There are well-documented cases of individuals mixing drugs that lower the seizure threshold having seizures. Just because one patient at one pharmacy mixes them doesn't mean that situation can be applied to everybody. In fact, it is dangerous to make such an assumption.

Tweak Thizz, the fact that your doctor prescribed this combination means its safe, I would still tread carefully in regards to increasing dosages of either the Wellbutrin and/or the Adderall, as the seizure risk is still present.
    Alright, thanks. I'll be aware of it. If i start to notice any of those seizure effects I'll talk to my doctor about it. I think I'll be okay though since its just a low dose of both adderall and wellbutrin as well

11. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    ^You should be fine, as your doctor knows you're taking both of those drugs and the doses that you're using. Use under medical supervision is safe.

I was more trying to make the point that just because it's safe for one person to do it doesn't mean that it's safe for somebody else to do it.

12. Collapse Details

^You should be fine, as your doctor knows you're taking both of those drugs and the doses that you're using. Use under medical supervision is safe.

I was more trying to make the point that just because it's safe for one person to do it doesn't mean that it's safe for somebody else to do it.
    Yeah I know what you mean :P by the way, do you think the wellbutrin would potentiate the adderall effect in any way?

13. Collapse Details

^ neighborhoodthreat

Sorry I assumed he was prescribed both of it not one of the above. (I was not looking at recreational use at all)

14. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    As Wellbutrin does have stimulant properties, it certainly could potentiate the Adderall, yes.

You're taking your prescribed doses, correct?

15. Collapse Details

As Wellbutrin does have stimulant properties, it certainly could potentiate the Adderall, yes.

You're taking your prescribed doses, correct?
    yup :P

16. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    It will most likely enhance the stimulant effects of the Adderall, however, there is a chance that it will enhance the negative effects of the Adderall, anxiety, for example.

It is very dependent on individual reaction, but I know your doctors know you better than I do.

17. Collapse Details

10-30mgs + 2tums 1hr before has me speeding all day...and yah definitely dont fuck with wellbutrin and adderall at the same time...

"MANAGEMENT: Extreme caution is advised if bupropion is administered with any substance that can reduce the seizure threshold, particularly in the elderly and in patients with a history of seizures or other risk factors for seizures (e.g., head trauma; brain tumor; severe hepatic cirrhosis; metabolic disorders; CNS infections; excessive use of alcohol or sedatives; addiction to opiates, cocaine, or stimulants; diabetes treated with oral hypoglycemic agents or insulin). Bupropion as well as concomitant medications should be initiated at the lower end of the dose range and titrated gradually if feasible. The total dose of bupropion should generally not exceed 450 mg/day (or 150 mg every other day in patients with severe hepatic cirrhosis). Bupropion should be discontinued and not restarted in patients who experience a seizure during treatment."

source: http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactio...5-440-203.html

18. Collapse Details

when i first started adderall, duration lasted 12+ hrs, nowadays im high for 3+hrs, with a hefty crash.

19. Collapse Details

Well the other day I took 30 mg 1 hr before breakfast and went to college. It really worked for me, however even though I weight 200 pounds, 30 mg was too much for me cause I got some annoying palpitations and feeling in the chest.

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I only take adderall ~5 times a year and I am very sensitive to stimulants. 10mg of Adderall taken in the morning and I'll have trouble sleeping that night and probably wont eat anything after I take it, it makes the thought of food absolutely repulsive to me. But I can sit all the library and study ALL day.

21. Collapse Details

Wellbutrin is the most commonly perscribed drug for people who take ADD/ADHD amphetamine meds who have anxiety and or depression.
    I am a Paramedic and my good friend is a Psychologist who works as a Cognative Behavioral Therapist under Psychiatrist . We talk shop all the time.
    In theraputic doses, which vary person to person, it is safe and frontline treatment.
    However at recreational dosages, its one or the other because the seizure threshold drops off like a cliff after a certain point.

This is strictly theraputic, under direct supervision.
    But Amps can work wonders with wellbutrin if properly diagnosed and given correct dosage, that should not be changed unless orderd by P-Doc.
    If you are looking to increase adderall once in a while for fun, then you need off the wellbutrin. Just my 2 cents.

Check out ADDforums.com and you will find that over 80% of true ADD patients are perscribed both and have mostly positive posts

To further explain, Bupropion has been reported over and over again by patients, that it smooths out the highs and lows, sometimes completely eliminates stimulant crashes, and you can take lower dose of adderall and not have to re-dose as much.

Citation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall
    Both bupropion and amphetamine have noradrenergic and dopaminergic activity. Possible augmentation/potentiation of effects. Bupropion has pro-convulsant properties that may be enhanced or cumulatively potentiated by amphetamine.[17] (Use only when directed)
    Last edited by drivinthattrain; 02-09-2012 at 10:44. Reason: needed more info

22. Collapse Details

depending on age, weight, and if u been on that medication before or that type, it can last anywhere from 3-12hrs, plus over stimulation and insomnia. when i was 14 my shrink put me on Metadate (its time released ritalin) i took it as prescribed, and made me so euphoric and high i begged my parents to let me stay on it, but it kept me up all night, and i started getting auditory hallucintions, i heard a song playing and i looked all over the house and couldnt find the radio..so i got hooked, my body was vey sensitive to uppers. that was 13yrs ago, and now im lucky to get 3 hr buzz on amphetamines

23. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Anon/Homeless Forums
    Old thread. Please don't revive old threads unless absolutely necessary, as the OP may or may not be active, and their problem has probably already been resolved.

Closed. PM me if you have questions.