• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc You did WHAT with Depakote?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeaJoint

Bluelighter
I suppose this will take some backstory. My first experience with depakote was a little more than a year ago. I've never used it for medical reasons, or for the treatment of anything really. I was told (though I later found it to be untrue) that depakote was an amphetamine-type pill and that it would get me "high".

To be clear, Depakote is meant to treat certain seizure disorders as well as some severe psychological illnesses. The guy I got it from back then was a paranoid-schizophrenic with bipolar disorder to boot. It is definitely NOT an amphetamine in any sense of the word.

Well, me and my mentally disturbed "friend" decided to smoke some depakote off of a sheet of foil a la "chasing the dragon" style. The taste was actually almost pleasant, and the vapors weren't unduly harsh. There was a high of sorts, though not like anything else I've done. To start, I got the giggles. Just started laughing for really no reason. After a few minutes, there was a slight euphoric lift, though it was very mild. Finally, the "buzz" wound down to a very mellow body high. It lasted less than an hour I'd guess, though I didn't consult a clock at the time.

tl;dr I smoked some depakote off foil, got a short lived lift.

So, my questions goes like this: Was the "high" I felt really a high, or placebo? Are there any apparent dangers to ingesting depakote this way? Has anyone else had a similar experience, or am I just the dumbass who smoked an anti psychotic and is lucky to not have hurt himself?

umm yes there are apparent dangers from this.. smoking pills off of foil for one is a terrible idea on top of the fact that you were smoking an anti depressant pill??

how long ago was this? do you have any side effects after doing this?

I said it was a little more than a year ago. And no, no side effects I could pin on just the depakote. It has neuroprotective properties when taken orally, but Idk about when you fucking smoke it.

The reason I can't pin any side effects on just the depakote is because I use alot of different substances. It'd be 99% impossible to trace one effect to one drug.

Isnt seroquel an anti psych? Thatl drop you to sleep and have you feelin nice doin it haha.

He said Depakote. This post is entirely useless.

or am I just the dumbass who smoked an anti psychotic and is lucky to not have hurt himself?

My point is an anti psych can do something. Edit: Keep it civil. We won't say it again. -phrozen

Last edited by a moderator:
Thatl drop you to sleep and have you feelin nice doin it haha.

Lol....you've obviously never done it or known anybody that has done it, at least in the "recreational" sense.

Quetiapine is just about the most shitty feeling "intoxication" that there is.

i've smoked many a things in my day but never herd of anyone smoking the shit that keeps my aunt from going nuckin futs.

+1 to OP

While I appreciate phrozen's admonition, I see no reason for this to stay open here.

Divalproex Sodium is NOT a recreational drug for starters next there is no way we can explain if effects you got are placebo or not, all we can do is speculate.

Have you ever smoked something and gotten high before? I would hope and think so if you tried to vape some depakote pills so my best guess is its classical conditioning - you trained your mind that when you participate in that process, you get high so your brain expected that and when it didn't happen exogenously, you produced it endogenously. Again, this is just a guess.

As I said earlier, I don't think this belongs here or anywhere else on BL so I'm going to close this. If you'd like to discuss this, please feel free to private message me.

Lastly, my best advice to you is to lay off smoking unrecreational bipolar meds and take your screenname's advice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.