• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

At home steeped rapid detox naloxone or naltrexone

The program I was put me on an aggressive suboxone taper. I was on 16 mgs for a few weeks and then they dropped me to 8, 6, 4, 2, 0. Each week. I took my last 2 mg dose on Sunday. I know it takes three days for withdrawals to really start on suboxone. But I need to Rush this along. I'm a wimp with withdrawals and won't do anything. And I start training for a job this Sunday. So I want to do steeped rapid detox at home. I have oral naltrexone and nasal spray nalaxone (narcan) Which should I take? Is this an awful idea? I'm pretty sensitive to seroquel so I was just gonna take a little bit of that. But I guess what I'm wondering is.. How long will it last? And once the withdrawals die down from the first dose.. How many more should I expect to be taking to have the worst of it behind me. Thanks. I plan on doing this soon. I'm taking the seroquel in a few min so the faster I can get some answers the better. Thank you.

really bad idea man ! there is a reason that it is medically supervised when done in ooo yeah a hospital ! you could be passed out on seroquel and vomit and have it all go in your lungs! i really recommend getting some kartom and not doing this at all !!!!

It's 2 days and 4 hours off my last dose of oxycodone. Withdraws were fierce the first 2 days but looking a little better today.. how much longer do I have til my body is at full working mode? I was taking 50-60 my per day through out the day for 4 years with some w/ds in between.

Idk I mean it's gonna suck but it's not deadly. Only thing the hospital can do is make it more comfortable. And I was only doing like 50-75 mg of seroquel. I fall asleep on 25 but people usually start out at one hundred. I won't be that asleep.

I'm brand new to this all...this site I mean...idk if I'm in the right discussion but I need insight please...i have been taking hydrocodone n oxycodone for almost a year...I am quitting n started Saturday...but I couldn't handle the withdrawals so I too k 5mg of methadone on Sunday....then Monday I took a total of 10mg n today which is tuesday I took a total of 10mg....so a total of 25mg. In all!!! I will not ever take more methodone ever again!! Or hydro or oxy...my question is just 3days of methadone at 25mg total...am I now addicted to methadone?? I'm really really really nervous n scared now...I just wanted to come down from the hydrocodone...some info n help please please!!!

I'm brand new to this all...this site I mean...idk if I'm in the right discussion but I need insight please...i have been taking hydrocodone n oxycodone for almost a year...I am quitting n started Saturday...but I couldn't handle the withdrawals so I too k 5mg of methadone on Sunday....then Monday I took a total of 10mg n today which is tuesday I took a total of 10mg....so a total of 25mg. In all!!! I will not ever take more methodone ever again!! Or hydro or oxy...my question is just 3days of methadone at 25mg total...am I now addicted to methadone?? I'm really really really nervous n scared now...I just wanted to come down from the hydrocodone...some info n help please please!!![/QUOTE

I see where your coming from, and please understand when I say this, methadone will not cause you to become addicted if only used for a few days. I am in my third day of withdrawls and this happens to be the best day for me so far. So hold your head up. I am attempting cold turkey so I'd say "fuck all of it" and just brace for the worst and pray for the best. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel

It's 2 days and 4 hours off my last dose of oxycodone. Withdraws were fierce the first 2 days but looking a little better today.. how much longer do I have til my body is at full working mode? I was taking 50-60 my per day through out the day for 4 years with some w/ds in between.

posts like this make me wanna despair at my sitch. on 200 mgs of oxy and my doc is away and colleagues are scared to rx. I got a months worth but am terrified about that rtunning out (do have other sources but am nervous). So I'm aiming to be at 120 mg a day in roughly a week. I will do this by taking em whole instead of chewing em. Sigh. It will be hard. But the world, particularly the third world has no patients for junkies. Evn rx ones with chronic pain.

Percocet W/d

I've been taking prescribed percocet 15 mg once a day. I am now 36 hours cold turkey. Using librium and feeling okay, just lots of cravings and i'm afraid I will cave and go get some.

I was thinking about going to get some suboxone to help taper over the next couple days, but significant other said that it's ridiculous for coming off two percs a day lol. I just want to stop the cravings.

Also if i've made it to 36 hours, is the worse already done?

What do you all think?

Thanks!

I think if Sub would help you, then do it. Your partner isn't the one coming off meds! ;)

I've always found pot helps when I'm coming off pain meds. Downers like Valium or Kolon's help too if you can get any. As far as how long it takes till you quit geeking. That kinda varies but with me if I make it past 3 days, I can usually sleep and start eating again and stuff. :\

Good luck!

THanks. i have a lot of librium, which i'm taking (it's the same type thing as valium or xanax). the Physical w/d isn't that bad and i don't have any anxiety. I just keep thinking about calling someone and getting more pills. maybe i'll try the suboxone if i can find a dr to prescribe it to me today
lol

i'm still eating and all. i'm surprised that this is easy. i've come off heroin before and it's nothing compared to that. i juts have no energy, but that may be the librium

hydroxyzine for opiate withdrawal restless legs and crawly skin

Hello all,

Ran about 5 days short on my script of hydrocodone.

I'm on day 3 of withdrawal. The restless legs/crawly skin is the ABSOLUTE WORST. I cannot stand another second of it or I'm afraid id have too admit myself to the er (and whatever good that would not do).

I do however have benzos (clonazepam) which do NOT work. And loperamide which works for stomach issues but not that.

Does anyone have any experience with hydroxyzine for relief of restless legs crawly skin?

I can't get any relief except a hot shower. But i can get some hydroxyzine.

you can take between 50-200 milligrams of hydroxyzine. it's water soluble, non-toxic, with negligible anti-cholinergic effects. it will help, but i would highly suggest you get yourself a script for pregabalin. it will erase 90% of withdrawal symptoms. if you do, thank me later ;)

Hello please help I am 18 years old and severely addicted to painkillers and cocaine. I have been clean from cocaine for around 6 moths as I did a 90 day sentence and subsequently had to complete 30 days treatment. I am also taking 90 mg of methadone and have been taking mdone since I was 16 - long story I sustained injury when I was quite young and was first put on oxy then hydromorphone and quickly became dependant. I was taking more and more and more eventually 20 80s a day . When my injury healed my prescriptions were cut and I had to obtain more and more opiates off the streets. In the past I have abused almost anything that would get me high - benzos , opiates , heroin, tonnes of cocaine in every form that exists , amphetamines, and many different prescription pills. I have also been homeless I lived in a shelter for about 8 months and have been in and out of jail overall spent 8 months of this year in custody witch I think saved my life. I fear that I have done significant harm to my body and now that I have been clean and thinking clearly I wonder if the doctors know what there doing or have they just caused me more harm then good ? I wish I never took pain meds for my injury as it has only brought me more pain. I am also prescribed 150 mg of seroquel at night for insomnia and sleep paralysis, and Lorazepam for anxiety I was perscribed diazepam for insomnia and sleep paralysis but found it only made the sleep paralysis worse so i decided to stop taking it. I also understand that it is quite dangerous to mix benzos and meth. I used to take lots of benzos but decided to detox while in jail and I'm very glad I did. Now I take only a small dose of ativan PRN for anxiety. I fear that if I don't maintain Control of my life I won't make it past 30. Most of all I don't want to suffer anymore I just want to live comfortably and make something of my life but I have so much holding me back. Please help me. Now that I clean I dunno what to do. Please help and advice and info would be appreciated . I have been thinking of how I will ever stop taking mdone? (I used to take upwards of 120 mg/day which was reduced to 90 mg when I was arrested and missed 2 or 3 doses) what should I expect when tapering and eventually detoxing? How long will it take to get off this dose of methadone? I also question how safe it is for someone my age to be on this dose of mdone ? Please if anyone has experience with methadone I would really appreciate your opinion . I'm sick of all the doctors and I dunno if they are doing me any good considrring they got me hooked on this shit in the firat place and put someone my age on these serious meds. Its alwats more meds. sometimes I just wanna quit taking methadone all togather it's to much of a roller coaster. I appolagize for the long post I just dont want to miss out on any details. Sometimes wonder what I would be like if I didn't abuse my body and mind to the extent that I have. Do you think If I stay clean my body can heal or is the damage irreversible?. My nose is damaged and I wonder about my liver and if the meth is harming it . Thanks again any help be much appreciated.

I need help

30 year old friend needs off a 240mg/day oxy habit. she has 16 5mg oxycodone, 38 20mg OxyContin, 50 10/325mg hydrocodone, and 30 tramadol. Also 20 0.5mg Xanax. She will not be able to take off any time from work, and has a 20 month old baby boy. Husband cannot find out. She is literally petrified. Please help with a taper.

Opioid Withdrawl Resources

Hey guys I'm new to posting here but I've been viewing these forums for quite a while and have learned quite a bit from all of you. Anyway I wanted to see what u guys do when facing serious WD. SWIM has severe back and neck pain caused by numerous factors and has been prescribed pain pills for some time now.. unfortunately SWIM has a very high tolerance now and needs nearly 100mg of oxycodone to even feel some relief. Because of this SWIM ends up taking said pills too fast and runs out early every time. SWIM will usually buy other types of pain pills off the street when needed until those run dry too.. at said point what is SWIM to do? Try a hospital? A methadone clinic? A rehab? Go to a private doctor for sub/sub script? Any ideas u guys have are very welcome. SWIM is too much of a wuss to go through WD cold turkey and has tried before at a 200-300mg a day level with no avail. Please tell me your thoughts and tricks for getting by... SWIM appreciates any support...

I'm confused on what you're actually asking here. The only one that can help her is herself.

ur a dumb fuk... shes askin how to taper without goin into WDs...

anywaysssss yea 240mg... pretty solid habit... but she does have a fuck load of pills... her taper with all that would be a hella long time...

first off id save the xanax til the end of the taper... take the oxys (lucky fuck... havnt had oxys in years) slowly... then the dros and start mixing in the one or two zs as the dros run out and use the zs after all the opiates are gone... im not gona do all the math but start at your reg 240mg a day and over two weeks work it down to zero... also clonodine patchs work miracles if you dont wana do the whole ween thing... anyways just an idea... hope all works out well

i guess thatll help if you ever get back on here seeing as you made on post a week ago....

ur a dumb fuk... shes askin how to taper without goin into WDs...

anywaysssss yea 240mg... pretty solid habit... but she does have a fuck load of pills... her taper with all that would be a hella long time...

first off id save the xanax til the end of the taper... take the oxys (lucky fuck... havnt had oxys in years) slowly... then the dros and start mixing in the one or two zs as the dros run out and use the zs after all the opiates are gone... im not gona do all the math but start at your reg 240mg a day and over two weeks work it down to zero... also clonodine patchs work miracles if you dont wana do the whole ween thing... anyways just an idea... hope all works out well

i guess thatll help if you ever get back on here seeing as you made on post a week ago....

Do you really think the name calling was necessary? I apologize for not realizing what the question was as I am not too experienced with opiate withdrawal. That being said you didn't need to say that. Anyways good luck with the tapering.

Do you really think the name calling was necessary? I apologize for not realizing what the question was as I am not too experienced with opiate withdrawal. That being said you didn't need to say that. Anyways good luck with the tapering.

not knowing the answer and not realizing a question was asked are two different things.... and she literally asked advice for a taper...

and dont get all butt hurt about it... i guess you couldnt see me shaking my head as i called you a dumb fuk... i wasnt screaming it lol