• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

So day 8 now but last night was a bad night with the rls. I'm not taking gabapenton from today as I have ran out dreading the next few nights ? I know I should use hot water bottles and baths but not sure what else will help

I took about 300mg 4 times per day of gabapentin for about a month coming off 2mg of sub per day. I should have stopped sooner but, like I said I was feeling like I was "dependent" on the gabapentin to get me through the day. If I remember correctly, I ran out and I had to deal without for a couple to three days and then I was fine without. Again, it was minor compared to kicking sub, just annoying.

Obviously everyone is different, hope this helps. Good luck.

Thank you today has been tough if I'm honest I'm really struggling I just wish the restlessness would go away trying to stay positive but it's hard without any gabapenton I must admit

I have only been taking it for 7 days does this mean I will still have to taper?

Imo a taper is always better than just quitting as your body will get used to it and while I doubt that you'll experience real withdrawal you could experience some rebound symptoms, so imo a quick taper would be better

^Just remember that you did a great job and the RLS will pass eventually and you're free from opioids :)

Opioid withdrawal is not always 100 percent linear. Much like a trail heading up a mountain, some parts are steeper than others. I don't know if you had a slip up or not or just feel like crap but you have come a long ways over the past couple weeks from what I gathered. If it is the lack of Gabapentin bringing you down it truly shouldn't last very long. I know it must be annoying to hear people saying "just a little longer and you will be fine" but there is some truth to it.

Thank you I feel like I'm going to keep going but I just hate this it feels never ending. I hope things improve soon. What's getting to me more than anything is the fact I know I just have to wait and there's nothing I can do about it ???

^You can do it! Maybe go out for a walk, watch a new series on netflix etc. keep your mind occupied and it'll get better in the next few days, hang in there

I've decided to stop feeling sorry for myself it isn't going to help my recovery. I'm away to a hotel for the night I won't sleep I know but I will keep my self occupied hopefully. I think another week and I'll be better. I just need to think positive and think that pain is temporary. I've had a bad few nights and probably will have more this week but feeling down and angry is only going to make things worse. It's the night times that I struggle with I get bored and agitated when I'm just sitting. I know I can do this!!!!

Have you tried melatonin?

I second this.

Melatonin won't instantly knock you out or really even make you feel all that more tired but what it does, for me, is make it easier to fall asleep. It also causes me to have much more intense dreams than usual.

It works fairly well when tapering or after first few days of acute withdrawals once the hardcore insomnia is over.

If you reside in the U.S. it is available almost everywhere and is cheap. If you live in just about every other 1st world country then it requires a prescription or is otherwise pricey. Here (in the states) it is considered a supplement but everywhere else it's considered a neurohormone. It is extremely safe and is actually a strong antioxidant that can help protect people from radiation. I know crazy right? Give it a shot as it couldn't hurt.