• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Night 8 without tramadol can't wait to stop taking codeine also. Going to cut down as much as possible this week and then try quit on Friday x

So starting a bupe taper again - aiming to be clean a bit before X-mas...so starting today with 1.5mg, then three days of 1mg, three days of .5mg, two days of .25mg and then jump off. 1.5mg is just holding me OK, so would it be wisest to have a couple of higher doses over the next couple of days and extended it out a bit? Or does this schedule sound ok? I've got a bit of stuff I need to do/get through so can't really afford any WD's for 10 days or so...Appreciate any thoughts.

Not to be a dick BUT........ How about enough of the "pain management" people acting like opiate withdrawal would be a breeze under "normal" circumstances. It's pure hell no matter what

^^^^ yep, anybody having a "breeze" in opiate withdrawal is actually taking a healthy dose of suboxone :) gotta be, right? It is helll for months, even with benzos and every comfort med, vitamin, OTC remedy available. WE NEED otc BUPE at 0.05mg doses -they can limit psuedephedrine distribution for meth making but not a benign dose of life-saving withdrawal medication .... DRACONIAN!!!

So starting a bupe taper again - aiming to be clean a bit before X-mas...so starting today with 1.5mg, then three days of 1mg, three days of .5mg, two days of .25mg and then jump off. 1.5mg is just holding me OK, so would it be wisest to have a couple of higher doses over the next couple of days and extended it out a bit? Or does this schedule sound ok? I've got a bit of stuff I need to do/get through so can't really afford any WD's for 10 days or so...Appreciate any thoughts.
What opioid did you take and at what doses ?

^^^^ yep, anybody having a "breeze" in opiate withdrawal is actually taking a themhealthy dose of suboxone :) gotta be, right? It is helll for months, even with benzos and every comfort med, vitamin, OTC remedy available. WE NEED otc BUPE at 0.05mg doses -they can limit psuedephedrine distribution for meth making but not a benign dose of life-saving withdrawal medication .... DRACONIAN!!!

Agreed. I'm, hopefully getting legit subs this week. I've been trying to quit for 2 years and absolutely cannot. Suboxone is a weird fucking drug. It's kinda like the addicts pain management

Agreed. I'm, hopefully getting legit subs this week. I've been trying to quit for 2 years and absolutely cannot. Suboxone is a weird fucking drug. It's kinda like the addicts pain management
Dude I'm in the exact same position, functional and everything go to school but cannot quit for the life of it the last 2 years . And I have subs at home I just don't wanna use rhem

Dude I'm in the exact same position, functional and everything go to school but cannot quit for the life of it the last 2 years . And I have subs at home I just don't wanna use rhem
I feel ya. I think the problem with me and Suboxone was always that it was never long term. It was always a short taper. If you're 100% ready in every way to quit, then that would work but if you're like me, you'll be railing your drug of choice as soon as the mind takes you back into the darkness.
Fuck I don't know. All I know is I can't stop! Fucking opiates, fucking life!

What opioid did you take and at what doses ?
Mostly heroin - snorting between 100mg - 300mgs in a day - so not a really heavy habit. I'm in Australia, so the gear was SE Asian #4, I think of reasonably high quality (50 - 70% pure?). This was 3 - 4 days a week, and in between I would use some combination of pod tea (~15 pods) and codeine or subs to maintain. Been only 3 months or so of daily use with this habit, although I've been an opiate user (mainly heroin) for 7 years. Been fortunate enough to not fall into daily use very often.

Mostly heroin - snorting between 100mg - 300mgs in a day - so not a really heavy habit. I'm in Australia, so the gear was SE Asian #4, I think of reasonably high quality (50 - 70% pure?). This was 3 - 4 days a week, and in between I would use some combination of pod tea (~15 pods) and codeine or subs to maintain. Been only 3 months or so of daily use with this habit, although I've been an opiate user (mainly heroin) for 7 years. Been fortunate enough to not fall into daily use very often.

Your taper sounds reasonable then
Maybe add some loperamide (just a few mg, no megadoses) and maybe some benzos (only like 20mg of diazepam) to the end to make the jump easier

Your taper sounds reasonable thenMaybe add some loperamide (just a few mg, no megadoses) and maybe some benzos (only like 20mg of diazepam) to the end to make the jump easier
Many thanks for that, and kudos on this thread generally - really helpful advice and information. It's perhaps a little bit sad that you can often get better advice for aspects of this kind of thing from an internet forum rather than from medical professionals, although in another sense it's not surprising. Will just throw another question out there whilst I'm at it: in many ways getting through WD is the easy part (although obviously it's NOT easy) - the psychological malaise that can engulf you after getting clean is a huge reason many people release obviously. I'm wondering if anyone has tried very small doses of ketamine post-acute WD's? Not so much as an opiate substitute as a mental health tool? Obviously there's the risk of merely swapping one habit for another, but I'm thinking of maybe just three weeks or so of a very small daily dose of K...anyone used this as a part of a strategy to stay clean after they've kicked?

So it's night 12 without any tramadol and I am going to jump off from the codeine now I'm excited but feeling so bad because I know I'll feel terrible for a week or so I know it's for the best. So I'm not using any Meds to come off these just paracetamol and plenty fluids. Any other safe medication to take to help?

I feel ya. I think the problem with me and Suboxone was always that it was never long term. It was always a short taper. If you're 100% ready in every way to quit, then that would work but if you're like me, you'll be railing your drug of choice as soon as the mind takes you back into the darkness.
Fuck I don't know. All I know is I can't stop! Fucking opiates, fucking life!

lol that's my problem with subuxone , it's half the fun but has the full arrange of problems , meaning no high but withdrawals still exist and twice as long as heroin , so it's only good for a short taper like you said . Ugh nothing has me wrapped up like opiates I swear my fuckin kryptonite

Anyone took gabapenton for rls in opiate withdrawal? Does it work? How much should you take ? Xx
I don't know specifically that it helps RLS, but if you take enough it can def take the edge off withdrawl. only that though - take the edge off. It doesnt make it go away, it just helps. For a dose, it would depend on your habit, and tolerance to the gabapentin. 800-1000 mg may be a good place to start - if that is your prescribed daily dose. just dont split it all up.
I know people who this has worked well for - but personally, I dont like it. I'm a bit strange though, i don't like benzos for withdrawl either. Just the buzz from the johnnys or the benzos puts me on edge wicked bad and I really just want to go get high.

I'm OK but last night was pretty bad couldn't sleep at all nothing helped. The days are fine because I can keep myself occupied but nights when the rls all over my body kicks in is torture. I'm going to see how tonight goes and if it is another bad night I might try gabapenton just before bed for a couple of nights. I can't wait for this all to be over

So yesterday I took 300mg gabapenton at 5 and then 300 at 11 I did sleep much better. Anyone know how long I should do this for? Will it slow the process of withdrawal down and set me back?