• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

I woke up with w/d symptoms but ever since the amphetamines have kicked in fully I just feel like I'm on amphetamines, no withdrawal symptoms.

I have to withdrawal for a few hours every morning.I'm on a daily dispense script of MS Contin which I inject into my veins (very unhealthy,please,dont try it).

I even jump on the school bus that goes by my house to get to the pharmacy as soon as it opens.luckily the bus druver is a nice lady,and goes for coffee at the bowling alley next door to my pharmacy.

I've been thinking of ordering some o-desmethyltramadol to shoot when I wake up in the mornings to take the edge off.I usually shoot 90-120 mg's of morphine when I get my script,then go 8-12 hours until I dose again.

I'm doing a taper and find myself buying drugs since my script just isn't enough.last night I bought 3 12 mg hydromorph contin capsules,which I shot all at once(got a great rush) and tonight I had to buy 60 mg's of methadone to get through the night.that's how much I hat w/d,I hate even feeling it for an hour.My dad was pissed that I borrowed money off him for opioids.

I'm personally hoping to taper to a low enough dose to switch to low dose oxy/apap pills orally or even codeine if I can,I think those will be easier to jump off of then IV morphine.

Fuck my junky life!

Last edited:
Hey Ontarioguy,

Do you have to administer it in front of the pharmist? If no you could break up your dose throughout the day. It would lower the peak but also raise up the valley. Basically achieve a more moderate blood level throughout the day.

No,I don't have to dose in front of the pharmacist,but I always find myself compulsively using my pills way to early.For example,yesterday I got my pills (8 morphine 30's per day)at 8:30 am.I did a 120 mg shot immediatley as I was in w/d (hydromorph I shot 12 hours before was long gone).Then I shot another 120 mg's at approx. 3:00 PM.but usually I shoot almost all of my morphine but one pill by 10 am,then am forced to wait 8-12 hours to dose again or face the consequenses.

I then had to buy a half bottle of 120 mg methadone mix from my friend.Luckily it kept me out of w/d all night and even until this morning when I picked up my script.Though I still use compulsively.

It is 2:00 pm here and all I have left is one morphine 30 mg tab and an original formula 40 mg Oxycontin my friend gave me.

I plan to wait until I'm in w/d before bed and IV the 30 to take the edge off enough to sleep comfortably.then when I wake up sick,shoot the 40 before picking up my script.this way I hopefully can hold off using any morphine until the afternoon,and making it last all day until night time,so I dont wake up in withdrawal and try to keep this cycle going by saving a pill for the mornings.(I really hate breaking my doctor's trust by buying methadone,Dilaudid and OC.

^Yeah so taking x1 30mg pill every 3 hours all day and 2 before bed (assuming six hours of sleep) would be the best option to prevent any withdrawal with what you have legit. Actually doing it of course is a more difficult than just planning it, but if you do it for a couple days and find you can feel normal throughout the entire day it might be beneficial enough for you to stick with it?

I really feel conflicted inside as well,part of me wants to get off,but part of me never wants to quit and shoot opiates until Im an old man.

Tomorrow morning I was actually going to start with only doing 60 mg's IV,since I know it will be enough to kill the sickness,I just do more for a big rush,then doing just 30 mg shots throughout the day.I almost think now my tolerance may be low enough for codeine to help a little.I remember trying it to help the w/d of 600 mg's of IV morphine per day or 120 mg's of methadone per day,and it was useless then.

But I think buying some OTC codeine and doing a CWE on 400-600 mgs(600 seems to be my ceiling)it will probably help in the mornings,or even throughout the day to cut down on my morphine intake.

When I do finally jump off the morphine I'm going to ask my doctor for, Xanax/Temazepam,Lomotil,clonidine and maybe a 50 count bottle of 30 mg Codeine Phosphate tablets without APAP.

am i the only one that feels Bupe withdrawl is all mental? thats how it felt for me, Heroin was psysical and meantal, but bupe is gnarly mental, drove me fucking crazy.

nice thread alotta helpful stuff in one place i had to do alil research when i was quitting dope ..

i been doing like 3mg of bupe here lately more for pain then anything its cheaper then buying anything else and last longer i wanna stop taking that but ima just be in major pain so it kinda sucks for me

Physical dependance has a lot to do with how regularly you are dosing too. If you are on a drug all day everyday your body will adapt to the drug far more than if you are just taking 1 daily dose. This dose spacing approach isn't working very well though its only been about 12 hours since my last dose and I feel like crap. I'm running low on money at the moment so its looking like a run in with the cold turkey is in the pipeline. As crazy as it sounds, amphetamines definitely mask withdrawal symptoms. I took 30mg of dextroamphetamine earlier and its starting to kick in and I feel my w/d symptoms fading by the minute. I've experienced this plenty of times before. The downside is when the amps wear off you have to deal with both amphetamine comedown and opioid withdrawal so I make sure I always have a spare dose of opioids set aside for when this happens.

Hey, do amphetamines really mask withdrawal symptoms? How bad are your withdrawals (doses, frequency, and length of time on the opiate)? I'm very curious to see if this will work. I have a script for xanax so I have plently of those for the amphetamine comedown/sleeply time, so this could be a possibility to do for 5 days until the worse of the withdrawals are over.

Please let me know some more details...

^I actually find amphetamines do mask withdrawal symptoms,for me at least.I'm talking about IV ritalin and IV methamphetamine in my case.It really makes you euphoric,seems to take awy the uncomfortable goosflesh/crawling skin feeling.

Does it help with the PAIN though? I guess aspirin or motrin would and could help with the pain. The xanax def. helps with the racing heartbeat/anxiety during withdrawal.

It seems it could work...take the amphetamine in the morning/day, and closer to bedtime and during the comedown load up on xanax to sleep. I guess you would have to be careful about trading one addiction for another though...

^Never mind a stim comedown while in withdrawal.

am i the only one that feels Bupe withdrawl is all mental? thats how it felt for me, Heroin was psysical and meantal, but bupe is gnarly mental, drove me fucking crazy.
Many people find withdrawal from buprenorphine a differenect experience due to its long half life (not so acute WD all of a sudden) and its only partial agonist action. You'll also find people who think it is a miracle drug the first time they use it to get off but further attempts really hurt.

I forgot to mention the comedown from stims suck,I've only done them an hour or two before I scored some opiates,so I never really experienced full blown w/d and amp comedown together.

my wife had to come get my ass form the stick man. Mad as hell too,

I had been on a scrip of 50MG hydrocodone. But I was hittina dime of H every other day and taking ten or fifteen mg of Hydro On top of my scrip. And I was pooping fifteen-mg of Xanax too,

I kept taking my fifty MG a day but since my old lady busted me I didn't have the other stuff.

I was ok for the first week. But come the first day of week two, that old foe WD was making me nauseous and dizzy.

I stayed in bed and my heat was pounding so hard I could see the capillaries
of my eyes and my retina projected on to the inside pg my eyelids when I closed my eyes. and was tripping and hearing shit. about the fourth day I got dry heaves,
I have high blood pressure any way so I told me wife to take me to the hospital.

She refused. Turns out the Doc she got me from after stick man got his blood sample from said Doc. was talking to my wife and told her to let me suffer WDs
and that nobody should be on opoids period.

At the end of the week I was dehydrated an my wife still won't take me to the hospital was still taking my 50 mgs per day of my hydro scrip.

I lost my ability to talk.

Fuck my old lady!

You;ll understand why in a minute.

EMS came and got me. Took me to the hospital.

My wife get there. He says to me "You know you embarrassed me in front of our neighbors by calling EMS?'
No how are (even though I did what I did) what happened.

I ignore my ice hearted wife and told the nurse I had passed no body fluids for day.
She took one look at the cath bag and yelled for doctor stat.

My kidneys were failing (Thanks alot wife).

I tod them I was detoxing and i was in a lot of pain (didn't bring my meds and I was starting to feel the pain and the WDs creeping in around the edges.)
They took a blood test so they didn't need me lie to them about all the other dope still in my system.

For my pain they gave me ativan. I went to sleep and had the most bizarre
and vivid dream.

i wake up in ICU in restraints. Turns out I jumped up during a hallucination
and (this is what they told me) knocked two burly orderlies to the ground and was ready to hit the doc. They shoot me with something that put me out.

I got discharged about four days later. I was dreading the cravings but nothing happened.
This is the part I don't understand how could come out of the hospital with no craving for opoids??

Well I was good for a year back pain had subsided I did light er work.
But I have degenerative disc disease so the pain came back

So now I am 40mg of Narco 10/325. My liver is a prob and the dosage is not holding me.

IF the doc won't put me on something with a stronger half life that I can take once or twice a day I am going to quit this doc. (I'm getting flack from my insurance this guy takes too many tests for my condition. he always says has to justify my condition.

I just wonder since, I will more than likely have to quit him, and will have WDS from the Narco and flexeril before I can find replacement doc

And yes, I agree with OP that some people can die from cold turkey at home.

My wife almost caused my death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious Help Needed - Scared on Opana ER 40mg

I'll preface this post by saying I'm partly ashamed and embarrassed that I've gotten myself into this place of panicking about either going into serious withdrawals or having some kind of panic attack - which I got myself into because of carelessness - now that I've said this I'll post my question.
I've been taking (via snorting) 40 mg Opana ER over the past month - usually using 4 - 5 pills per day. I'm going to come to the end of my Rx and for some reason today I'm feeling a little sick and I'm hoping someone with good experience and knowledge will read this and provide me with advice as soon as possible.
It's 5pm here in NY and I've snorted two pills so far today. I'm feeling slightly like I'm going into withdrawals - like tingling down my upper spine, a bit groggy, generally out-of-it, but no other apparent usual withdrawal symptoms. I have been pretty much inactive for the past few days and today after sitting around maybe thinking and obsessing too much about how I could run out before I will be able to get more of this Rx, I made myself go for a walk because it felt like I was going to have a panic attack - which I have never had before so not sure what is going on.
Now I only have 20 pills left (with a possibility of getting a new Rx of 10 mg Opana ER if the pharma fills this - not sure since this Rx I'm on won't be refillable till 7/15). If I'm unable to get that new Rx filled which will definitely help me not go into withdrawals - can someone tell me what I can do to ease this panicky feeling I'm having now? And what dosage should I take of the remaining 20 pills of the 40 mg Opana ER to keep me going till 7/15 (which is 12 days away) or if I want to taper down and stop completely? Any constructive/productive help here would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for the long post - wanted to be thorough and complete. Lastly - I take Mirtazapine 45 mg (Remeron) once per day as an anti depressant - in case you know of any indications there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can just do the math to take whatever constant amount over the remaining days, so a little over 1 and a half pills a day. Maybe take 1 3/4 for the next few days. The withdrawal shouldn't be too bad, you body may just need to adjust to the lower dose.

I would suggest looking taking additional things to potentiate opiates. Here is a link to a thread on that found in the Other Drugs forum. The first post in that thread has a link to the 1st version of it as well. Reading through those is a great start.

As far as easing withdrawals symptoms, the two easily obtainable (OTC) meds that you should look into are immodium (loperamide), and diphenhydramine (benadryl) which is also used for potentiation. The immodium will help with preventing diarrhea, among other things, and the diphenhydramine can help you sleep at night. You may also want to look into a cream for achy muscles, such as bengay.

Here is a great thread on opioid withdrawal.

Last edited:
^I actually find amphetamines do mask withdrawal symptoms,for me at least.I'm talking about IV ritalin and IV methamphetamine in my case.It really makes you euphoric,seems to take awy the uncomfortable goosflesh/crawling skin feeling.

What about shit like modafinil? I have loads of that. But I never imagined taking uppers when in WD from downers, it seems illogical. The whole reason you feel shit is that your body is deprived of downers, this is why alcohol and benzos lessen the pain, so taking the exact opposite of a downer....I don't get it?

Also, it's hard enough to comedown from uppers under ordinary circumstances, but to comedown without abusing opiates when you're already in opiate WD??

Question about the weakness and fatigue-

I have been clean now 11 days and there are no more bothersome physical symptoms left except for feeling very weak/fatigued for most of the time I am awake. I am sleeping 8 hours a day again, even the restless leg is gone, but I still feel so weak sometimes I can't even sit in the computer chair my back feels too weak to sit up...

I had a decent habit, daily for over a year, and I managed to taper to less than 1/20th of my original dose over 2 months and then jumped off from there. It is the 11th day now like I said, and I know everyone is different but I am just wondering in your experience, if you had fatigue how long did it take to disappear??

I noticed certain things smelled weird and were amplified during days 3-5 of Wd. Certain women's perfume or the smoke from a cig smelled different, weird and pronounced, overriding all other smells.