• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

I have no access to amphetamine. Only the above comfort meds (in my op) and in very limited supply.

It could very well be the immodium and flexeril. Usually those don't even help when I'm tapering down though.

I have held onto 50mg hydro as an emergency for work and have managed not to take them.

Usually I can't even make it to my scheduled dose time when I'm tapering. Even with the help of the other meds. 40 hrs in and while I don't feel great, I managed to go to work today at a side job I can make my own hrs at. I haven't taken anything other than 5mg val and .2g rso since midnight last night. The only immodium was at 11pm last night.
Really confused and worried I'm going to be in for a long bad wd.

Opioid withdrawal has a unique ability to induce feelings of hopelessness, in addition to making the user feel the symptoms are innate. Hang in there. Stick to a regimen and make sure you're surrounded by someone you're comfortable feeling vulnerable around.

Try to stay as far as possible from your emergency stash because it could set you back by sabotaging any progress you've made.

This may not be the most comforting thing to say but - I could leave opioids standing on my head. It's the protracted symptoms that follow the acute symptoms and linger which drive me insane.

Hi, I'm new here.

I have been trying to detox at home from a long standing opiate addiction. It has been a struggle that has extended over the past ten years. Having subutex, it is possible to detox at home, although, I have been unsuccessful sticking solely to the buprenorphen and continues to use over the medication and generally ends up getting back into the old routine of using H. In the past, SWIM has had a prescription to klonopin which has helped him tremendously with general anxiety. I am aware that benzos can be very helpful when it comes to dealing with the initial withdrawals from H, but does not want to jump back onto the benzo train. It was extremely hard to get off of the klonopin and I'm actually quite proud of having gotten off of the medication. Anyway, I'm trying to kick his opiate addiction and today, after having taken 2mg of subutex, ended up using on top of the medication. This has been my track record. Frustrated and confused, I need help committing to the subutex. I never really give it a chance. I'm aware that using ontop of the medication is counterproductive, but I've just not been able to stick to the medication alone. Could it be that I'm is not taking enough of the subutex initially to curb the cravings and withdrawals? Does anyone suggest anything to someone who cannot commit to subutex? I was planning on entering an inpatient treatment facility today, but having been told that I must first finish a two week detox program, I became frustrated and ended up using. In addition, I have a friend who has some LSD. After doing some research, I'm curious if anyone has ever tried taking LSD while undergoing opiate withdrawal? This could very well be a recipe for disaster, but having read about the success of other hallucinogens, namely ibogaine, I'm curious if other hallucinogens, like LSD, may have similar results? This is really quite far-fetched but I am now extremely desperate and frustrated and is willing to try anything in order to change his destructive lifestyle. Any input would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Welcome to bluelight kylo. As you can see we don't use swim or variants on bluelight as it provides no protection from legal ramifications. Please edit your post so we can read it.

Thanks

I'm new around here and have a TON of questions, I guess it's best to just start one at a time...Here's the Sitchu: I hurt, all the time -and I'm on a TON of pain meds which just aren't working any more. I've been on opioid pain treatment under the care of a pain mgt dr since the late 90's - (god I can't believe I'm stating anything in terms of 25 years because I'm still young-ish - but there it is!) So, I'm on Morphine for my long acting, a variety of percs and Subsys for fast acting. I feel like I have the constitution of an ox -I have such a high tolerance. I figure my receptors are just maxed out making the meds less effective. Soooo, I'm considering pressing the reset button. A couple of quesions I have are as follows:
Does any body know how I would go about seeking out a local facility that offers a"rapid detox" program such as the one refered to in the beginning of this thread? A program where I am somehow sedated would be my preference because I am incredibly worried about the pain during the detox. I'm currently in bad pain on the meds, I fear it will be unthinkable compounded with pain from withdraws! The alternative is titrating the dose on my own. I've never abused my meds and don't think I'm psychologically addicted - it's been a battle but I think I've maintained control. I'm wondering what would happen if I just took - one less morphine - or one less perc a day progressively. I've played with this a little and found it's way more easy to back off on the morphine than the rescue meds, but I suspect it's more important to reduce the doses of the short acting ones (ie perc/subsys). Does any one have any input on the best way to do this? My heart is in the right place but I don't know if I'm going about this the right way. Sorry if this post is in the wrong spot - feel free to redirect me!

suboxone withdrawal

Hey everybody this is my first post and I'm trying to go cold turkey from subs...I used H and other opiates for 5-6 years and I went to a doctor who legally prescribed me subs to help with the addiction.

I've been on the subs for 19 months starting at 16 MG a day and only dropping down once to 8mg daily about 4 months ago. I was tired of spending all this money and I'm tired of subs taking over my life, so I decided today would be the day to try and go cold turkey.

So far so good today I was yawning a lot and I was a little achy but nothing major...I scored some vyvanse and that helped a lot and I have plenty of ativan to try and help me sleep tonight. I pray that I can get through this. I'll post back tomorrow. If anybody has any useful information or can relate to this story I could use all the support!

Thanks
Drew

Hey Drew, welcome to Bluelight :)

Even if you made it one day already I highly suggest to taper your dose down because jumping off at 8mg will potentially result in a very strong withdrawal that starts after a few days and will take a long time to get through with. You will probably be in for a hell of a ride, if you decide to do it this way. The WD usually starts to get going hard after 3-5 days because of the long half-life of Buprenorphine.

Generally it is advised to taper as far as <1mg, like down to 0,5mg and then jump off. So I would get some more and follow this pattern.
After the jump prepare with meds like Loperamide for the diarrhea, something against puking like Antihistamines, MCP or Odansetron and most important Gabapentin or Lyrica because these two meds diminish a lot of the umpleasant WD-symptoms. Plus maybe a few Benzos for the first nights to help you sleep and you should be good.

But jumping off at 8mg could be too intense, I would never dare to do it at such a high dose but my habit was always pretty small.

If you have any questions, read the Subutex/Suboxone Withdrawal Thread. It has a lot of good tips and such. Also feel free to PM me and of course good luck!

Z

I don't get WDs, and I went ridiculously hard this past winter so I should have them at this point. I have gone about 5 days without any opiate whatsoever and haven't felt shit.

Ever heard of that before?

gabapentin for opiate withdrawals

I've been snorting 90 mgs of oxycodone 3x/day for about 3 months straight. I went to rehab a year and a half ago and stayed off opiates for a year . My usage before that was 120 mgs 4x/day for 8 yrs.
My question is this: yesterday was my first day off but I took 3 30mg oxycontin and before bed I took 600 mgs gabapentin. I slept OK and am feeling pretty OK especially for my 2nd day off oxys. Will this last? And are the gabapentin helping the withdrawals or just putting them off?

gabapentin is fantastic for opioid withdrawal.

anonymous -> other drugs (opioid withdrawal megathread)

I agree with Gab for opiod withdrawal. (higher doses) combined with tramadol, I have almost no withdrawal symptoms until my next prescription.

but unfortunately, I didn't have a script during this last month for it... and I completely forgot what absolute h*ll fullblown withdrawal was like.

the thing that's amazing, is you could have completely happy, positive things happening to you...but during withdrawal it's like EVERYTHING is turned into negative sadness / negative emotion no matter what. The older / longer you use...the longer the withdrawal too...i'm finally starting to get better but the last 6 days were completely demonic. I basically didn't allow anybody near me, knowing how i'd be.

only having energy / motivation to roll from one side of the bed to the other...

watching movies helped a little... music helps.... having someone to hug would of been better...but I probably would of drove them nuts during my withdrawal.

my farts smelled horrendous.. (intoxicating) And my whole body smelled like crap the first 3 days. (why is that?)

I really don't ever wanna go thru that again...and already debating paper shredding my next script of 100 dilaudid. I know it'll be mentally redeeming, at-least initially...but dunno if I could do it.

there also seems to be a strange guilt that overtakes us when we go several months without a withdrawal...It's like we wanna 'feel' again...we even wanna feel the sadness. I haven't been able to figure that part out, but noticed it on documentaries too. Maybe just part of being human.

Last edited:
I'm on day 5 right now I've had extreme anxiety and have had people text me asking me if I want a few subs but I figure what's the point...I jumped from 8 mg because I was going insane I'm not going to lie the w/d are hell but I'm gonna stick it out.

the only good thing I'm also sleeping a little better I take some melatonin and xanax or whatever I have and run a hot bath where my whole body calms down then when I'm calm I run into bed lol. it's a sick cycle but it's the only way I can get some sleep...thanks for the support guys I'll check back in

Drew

Hello world, first time posting on this site. I am currently using oxycodone 30mg, approx 120mg per day. I've come to the point where I'm sick of being broke, lying to people, etc and I want my life back. I've gone cold turkey before and lasted a couple months. Then one night I decided I could have one and fell right back in. I'm here looking for moral support, but also any pointers or suggestions that will help ease this horrible transition. So here are some facts to help understand my current status:

120mg per day approx

supplies I have (thanks to my buddy):
(2)8mg suboxone pills (can get more if necessary but I'd rather not)
(29)0.2mg clonidine tablets
(30)50mg trazodone pills
(40)10mg cyclobenzaprine (flexeril)

i understand and I have to "pay the piper" for the mistakes I've made, but I also know that these drugs can ease the transition. However, I do not want to replace one addiction with another, so I'm looking for help regarding how to use these supplies safely and effectively.

Please respond with with any knowledge at all. Thank you so much.

^^^^ Honestly with a modest habit like that I would do one of two things, either use the clonidine 3x a day and maybe the traz on the first few nights, maybe split the clonidine in half tho as the .2's r pretty hefty OR wait until you are in pretty hefty WD and take just one 8 mg suboxone JUST one time and let it taper itself out of your system and deal with the lingering wds that will hit u in about 3-4 days after you dose the sub. And I would throw immodium into the first strategy as well....just enough to shut down the shit factory for the first few days...kratom could be another viable option for you as well

I agree with Gab for opiod withdrawal. (higher doses) combined with tramadol, I have almost no withdrawal symptoms until my next prescription.

That maybe because Tramadol is an opioid :\

Then one night I decided I could have one and fell right back in.

hehe, it's always just that initial 1 or 2 right? I say the same thing when i get my refill. Just 1 or 2 a day....and never go higher. (riiiiiiiiiiight...seems like mission impossible)

That maybe because Tramadol is an opioid :\

we sure about that? I know it has certain actions like that, but haven't read it's an official opiod. All it seems to do is keep withdrawal in check....never any real 'feel good'. It's even uncomfortably stimulating at higher doses.

hehe, it's always just that initial 1 or 2 right? I say the same thing when i get my refill. Just 1 or 2 a day....and never go higher. (riiiiiiiiiiight...seems like mission impossible)

we sure about that? I know it has certain actions like that, but haven't read it's an official opiod. All it seems to do is keep withdrawal in check....never any real 'feel good'. It's even uncomfortably stimulating at higher doses.

Tramadol or Ultram is a weak opiod that also inhibits the reuptake of Seretonin and norepinephrine, WDs from it are not fun. A quick Google search pretty much explains it

^^^^ Honestly with a modest habit like that I would do one of two things, either use the clonidine 3x a day and maybe the traz on the first few nights, maybe split the clonidine in half tho as the .2's r pretty hefty OR wait until you are in pretty hefty WD and take just one 8 mg suboxone JUST one time and let it taper itself out of your system and deal with the lingering wds that will hit u in about 3-4 days after you dose the sub. And I would throw immodium into the first strategy as well....just enough to shut down the shit factory for the first few days...kratom could be another viable option for you as well

Im im sure it is modest compared to others, but it doesn't feel very modest right now haha. The lack of sleep is enough to drive me insane. The restless legs when trying to sleep is the ONLY part of this whole thing that I cannot deal with. Thanks for the advice, I wanna do this the right way in order to limit my chance of relapse.

Im im sure it is modest compared to others, but it doesn't feel very modest right now haha. The lack of sleep is enough to drive me insane. The restless legs when trying to sleep is the ONLY part of this whole thing that I cannot deal with. Thanks for the advice, I wanna do this the right way in order to limit my chance of relapse.

The clonidine will help with that if u don't wanna use the sub, the restless legs should dissappear in 2-3 nights at your dosages...sleep patterns will take about a month to get back to baseline, not that u won't sleep in a months time but I mean full real sleep