• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

do not worry my friend. in my experience a nice small dose of your DoC during withdrawl is amazing for sleep. just do not make the same mistake trainspotter10102 made by relapsing and becoming addicted again. one small dose SHOULD BE fine and when it wears off your withdrawls might feel even a little BETTER. hope all is well since this was posted. keep us updated, TIL21290.

I understand the addict mindset of rationalizing using a "tiny bit" to sleep... To eat... To find a bit if relief . But it completely contradicts the TRUE goal. Why play with the fire. I know that even 1mg of methadone may make me feel a bit better...give an inch take a foot. I DON'T want to revisit any aches, pains, all that IS withdrawal... Be it my first time or this time. One of the big problems with this aid as WELL, playing into the addicts mind. To go ahead and take a little! Unless serious to make a change , you will find no resolve. That meaning not just changing the world around you, but also, even more so, the world within you.
As for trainspotter (and many here) but speaking of trainspotter...don't put him in any kind if box or say what you don't truly know of. He's helped many and will continue to do so...he knows addiction knows withdrawal . There are crucial moves to make and NOT make while going through a taper, detox & withdrawal.. and sound advise- don't look backwards once you've taken 3steps forward . It seems to me that (perhaps) a lot of attempted detox are unaccomplished due to "one hit"... Who knows where that one hit will take you. It's fucking hard to beat it...as we all know . Lastly, to say "don't make the same mistake trainspotter did... " kindly, piss off. Find another way to make your " point ".

Kratom for opiate withdrawal.

8( I just recently ordered some Kratom powder to be used to alleviate withdrawal symptoms from oxycodone. Does this stuff honestly work at all? If so, how well compared to more traditional withdrawal medicines such as clonidine, subutex/suboxone? Thanks ahead of time for any info. it's all appreciated.

I've a bag of Kratom sitting around. I just am uncertain of how to take it, afraid of getting sick from it (getting sick to stomach is quite a traumatic deal for me-I can account the few, but never forgotten times I've ever gotten "sick" in my adult life ...another reason I'm not a drinker&when I did drink I was ever-so cautious). So the accounts I've read about Kratom & people throwing up deters me. Yet I'm interested in taking it...it's red-vein Borneo powder. Any suggestions of how much for first timer & method?

^two teaspoons stirred in water and chased with more water

Anyway does anyone know how long it takes to get on subs. I would like to get on today like in a few hours. Is it a pain in the ass process like I think it is? I got insurance. Is there anyway i can do this or am I going to have to do a series of appointment, drug test, and labs and stuff?

I've a bag of Kratom sitting around. I just am uncertain of how to take it, afraid of getting sick from it (getting sick to stomach is quite a traumatic deal for me-I can account the few, but never forgotten times I've ever gotten "sick" in my adult life ...another reason I'm not a drinker&when I did drink I was ever-so cautious). So the accounts I've read about Kratom & people throwing up deters me. Yet I'm interested in taking it...it's red-vein Borneo powder. Any suggestions of how much for first timer & method?

If it really bothers you that much and causes bad nausea you can always taking some dimenhydrinate or diphenhydramine.

^ I've got all kinds if anti-nausea meds.- being phrenegran, vistaril & the mother of all, Zofran. So, I could certainly load up on that. I haven't even tried it yet. The Irony I keep finding in me these days is that for a good amt. of time, I would eat any kind of pill handed to me-any and all pills I could get ahold of - I never got sick. As well as many acid trips, MDMA, Peyote, smoke anything..I was a weed fairy -as I had copious amts. available to me at all times. So much that I could never smoke it all, so I just gave it away-strangers, friends,whoever wanted it. I think I kinda blocked out my drug use. Apparently, I forgot how much I wanted to break through some kind of wall. Truly looking back, I took to every available drug besides Heroin( the irony wrapped up in that is...nearly comical) Then a near decade of methadone (now off). And now...NOW, I'm all nervous&cautious...scared...
I keep forgetting I have it. I suppose there is a thread devoted to Kratom that I could look into...a way to best prepare it.
Sorry...reflection is upon me now.

If you are either a gagger or have a weak stomach (like me) I strongly recommend giving up on the entire idea. (It tastes even worse coming back up) and assuming you want more than a pinch-- there is no "easy", "tasty" or "100% vomit proof" way to take it. (By mouth at least... I'm sure at some point someone has tried to shove it up their ass enema style...lol :? but I have no experience or advice with that orifice.) 8)

^two teaspoons stirred in water and chased with more water

Anyway does anyone know how long it takes to get on subs. I would like to get on today like in a few hours. Is it a pain in the ass process like I think it is? I got insurance. Is there anyway i can do this or am I going to have to do a series of appointment, drug test, and labs and stuff?

Depends where you are at. Here you can just flip open the phone book, call one of the Bupe Doctors and get in the same or next day. However... Yeah, they drug test you (allowed to fail your initial one, but none after that) and you have to go back every month for a new script. A friend of mine JUST went through it. (A real friend, not an imaginary "Swimming Friend"). Good Luck!

I've decided to just toss the idea altogether for now...the kratom. I've read that you can make capsules, I could try that out later. Right now, especially right now, I think it may be more important to stick with nothing as today is day 30(!!!!!) of no Methadone. I'd to swallow that nasty tasting liquid for too many years. You'd think I'd have an iron stomach...and I actually do! I'm 1000% top fear, paranoid of (I even hate saying it) throwing up. It scars me. I've to take zofran daily for migraines & other continually unfortunate health...issues. I get nausea often, but never actually get "sick". Thank God!
Anyways, the Kratom I got after great thought put into, will be shelved for time being. ;)

When I used bali powder I treated it like a BC powder. I would use a square of cardstock paper, bend it in half, put however much powder I was using into the bend, pour it into the back of my mouth past my taste buds, and swallow it down with a sip of my DOC (drink of choice). Done correctly, and you will never taste the kratom at all.

questions about opiets detox

Hello all, I just had some questions about detoxing. I have been talking vicadin for maybe a year, maybe a little more strait. someone's my tolerance had me taking about 80mg a day (8 10s) the more I took the more I wanted...anyway Im stopping so i significantly cut back not so slowly...up until three weeks ago I was taking as much as I could get I recently moved for a while I hit up hospitals a few times in the new area and got 12, 5mg Percocet I think five days ago made them last as long as possible three days ago I took three at one time for a last "good" high, then got four more 5mg Percocet and took one the day I got them, two the second day (once in morning, one in afternoon) then today, one this morning. Im not feeling sick like usual, I do feel some tremors, mild aches but nothing like previous cold turkey withdraws.Im wondering if since I kind of tapered off my withdraws won't be so bad? Also I read about zofran for withdraws...I have a few is this as bad ass as people say for withdraws?? Should I get some kratom? So sorry I rambled, thanks in advance

If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would, let it go
Surrender, dislocate

If I could throw this lifeless lifeline to the wind
Leave this heart of clay, see you walk, walk away
Into the night and through the rain
Into the half-light and through the flame

If I could through myself, set your spirit free
I'd lead your heart away
See you break, break away
Into the lights and to the

To let it go and so to fade away
To let it go and so fade away
I'm wide awake, I'm wide awake
Wide awake, I'm not sleeping, oh no, no, no

If you should ask then maybe they'd
Tell you what I would say
True colors fly in blue and black
Bruised silken sky and burnin' flag
Colors crash, collide in blood shot eyes

If I could, you know I would
If I could, I would, let it go
This desperation, dislocation
Separation, condemnation
Revelation in temptation
Isolation, desolation

Let it go and so fade away
To let it go and so fade away
To let it go and so to fade away
I'm wide awake, I'm wide awake
Wide awake, I'm not sleeping...
~U2~ "Bad".... Is on topic and getting me through right now.

I used kratom extracts daily for years and quit no problem. It was kinda like quitting coffee, very tired, didn't want to work, didnt give a shit, but ephedrine and a caffeine helped me through days, with etizolam every other night with pretty much no side effects, and all "withdrawal" gone in 5 days.

Then I got into tramadol for 3 months. I was up to minimum of 300mg a day. Went on a bender where I did about 800mg per day, for 7 straight days, along with etizolam to raise my seizure threshold so I could keep chasing the high. When I quit I contemplated suicide. It was the worst I ever felt. The derealization was insane. I didn't know what I was, who I was, or where I was. I felt like life was an illusion. Terrible brain zaps, auditory hallucination, no appetite, and my vision was fucked up for a long time.

It's funny because now I'll go on 5-7 days oxy binges where I'll do only maybe 30-80mg of oxy in a day depending on how much spare cash I have. The withdrawal isn't too terrible, but I guess because my first taste of withdrawal was so bad, I usually get through them no problem with a few teaspoons of kratom a day. I feel like no withdrawal can ever touch my tramadol withdrawal except for large methadone dose withdrawal, or large dose benzo withdrawal. Mid range opiate withdrawals are nothing to me now, I get over them quickly, and with no problem. People at work can't tell I'm sick, neither can my family.

I warn anyone who uses tramadol about slowly weaning off and not cold turkeying. If there is a hell, tramadol withdrawal is what it feels like. I read somewhere that tramadol affects Opioid, Gaba, Serotonin, Dopamine, Norepinphrine, and a few other chemicals/receptors in your brain so its like coming off multiple drugs at once. The minor relaxation from tramadol is not worth the withdrawal, that I've heard can last up to 6 months (mine was about 2 weeks). Doctors need to stop handing these things out like candy, many of the doctors and shrinks i've been to still believe tramadol is non-addictive. I'd kick an 80mg oxy habit over a 400+mg tram habit any day.

getting ready to quit Im done..

Swim has been going through 32mg exalgos 90 Oxycodone and 210instant release opana I cant take the hell anymore Ive done a tapper down to one 30mg Oxy and Im gonna bust that in half for four doses of fifteen swim has been on meds for ten years for a reallly bad back but swim would rather find other ways to fight the pain then to live on the roller coster swim is on now what can Swim expect. the unknown is got swim scared also Swim has a script of about forty 1mg klonapins..

My experience using Kratom to combat Heroin Withdrawal

(Backstory)

So for over the last 3 years i have heavily abused opiates. It started in 2011 with Norco 10. Then Percocet 10. Then Roxy 15. Then Roxy 30. Then eventually Oxy 80. But soon after, around 2012 i graduated to Heroin (after running out of pills, unable to let withdrawal interrupt my life, and Heroin being all i could find) Snorting the poison everyday for almost 2 years. At first i worked a "paid in cash daily" job so i never had to settle for hustling or stealing. But this past June my tolerance went to complete shit and i was literally in need of a line every 4 hours or i started getting chills and stomach churns. With a pocket full of dope and cash i realized i couldnt keep living like this. And after seeing literally every person i know on Suboxone and Methadone struggling just as bad as i was ON FUCKING HEROIN just prolonging, and prolonging. I decided i was gonna do this shit cold turkey.

(Discovering/Receiving the Kratom)

3 hours after my last fix i was surfing the web reading others stories about cold turkey when i came across an article about Kratom. Super curious. I thought why not and ordered some to be shipped to me the following day. When i woke up (got out of bed. like i was really sleeping! ha!) i was sweating. Cramping. Chills. Puking. Using what little energy i had to run back and forth to the bathroom. Butt exploding. I couldnt move but at the same time i couldnt sit still. Nose pouring snot. Mouth over producing saliva. Terrible disgusting nasty taste that wouldnt leave my mouth. I literally had one emotion: Suicidal Depression.

2:24pm came with a ring of the doorbell. I literally tippy toed to the door from lack of energy. I opened the door. Grabbed the package and went straight to the kitchen. The website where i discovered using Kratom for withdrawal explained to get Red Vein Borneo. And to consume 2 teaspoons with each dose. But the vendor also sent an extra 50g of samples to make the weight of the package proper (This was a god send because i didnt realize it would take about 120grams to fully complete the 7 day Kratom plan)

I quickly washed down the 2 teaspoons with grape fruit juice and crawled back upstairs and threw myself back into bed. Exhausted from that little but of movement. I fell asleep. I abruptly woke up 22 minutes later with a warm feeling throughout my entire body. Very similar (but honestly absolutely nowhere near) opiate warmth. I sat up. Sweat gone. Legs comfortable. Stomach settled. Nausea non existent. I felt like a 100% completely normal human being. I grabbed my cigarettes and went for a walk outside chain smoking (not from the Kratom giving me a buzz but just because i could tolerate the taste of smoke again) Everything was alright. I was a human again. I continued the detailed Kratom plan i saw on the internet and 7 days later took my last dose. That was 29 days ago. I am still 100% completely fine and normal. Kratom was a god send

A few things id like to make clear about my Kratom experience. I absolutely received ZERO high or buzz of off Kratom. It literally just depleted any and all symptoms of the Heroin withdrawal. Sometimes i would feel like it gave me an energy boost. But not everytime so this may have been placebo. But i do know that this was honestly a miracle for someone like me, who felt stuck in a cycle with no help other than other addicting drugs like methadone or suboxone. In order for this stuff to truly work you have to HONESTLY want to quit. You have to honestly not want the drug anymore. If you go into this just not wanting a sickness anymore you'll just be prolonging the inevitable. If you have any questions regarding vendors, the website i found the Kratom plan and what that plan entails, or prices and would like my opinion just shoot me a private message.

I am currently 46 days clean of any and all opiates. 29 days with no Kratom use. I have recently helped two friends with my left over kratom and one is 21 days clean and the other is 15 days clean. So this works. Never doubt anyone who says different. I am living proof.