• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

I have been taking 100mg morphines (cut to break the time release coating) for around 10 days in a row only in the evening... I have been taking phentermine during the day. ( this is my first time ever even hearing about this drug, but I enjoy adderal to an extent and I prefer phentermine tbh! Which was very surprising after reading all the skaving reviews on this forum.) But I was wondering if I am only using the morphine at night instead of an all out week and a half bing fest is it possible I won't suffer wds? I do know that if I do an all out 2 week 30mg working up to multie 600 mg days I go through 5 days of WD... Not super horrible 5 yrs using WD, but a not very pleasant & literally shitty 5 days....My job is extremely physical & I get so positive about being able to just tough it up when the opiate well runs dry!! I also have been trying to.find an answer to this everywhere with no avail.

I am guessing this is a long shot because they stay on your system 3 days yadda yadda.. I also read it is possible to go three days without any pills before the actual detoxing kicks in the withdrawal system. I had been completely dependant on prescribed methadone and upgraded to morphine for around 5 years before my doctor added Soma which caused me.to_OD twice and lose my job and insurance. Clean for a year and a recreational user for 2 years now.. I have gonr thru very acute withdrawals compared to kicking after 5 yrs. I do know I go 24 hours before WD sets in & it takes me 5 days to feel totally normal.

I'm also a pretty consistent user, but once every month or 2 I am able to get some super inexpensive 100mg and I cannot resist!! I try and keep my consistent usage to a week but the weekend comes and self control & I are mortal enemies.

And if you are going to reply and know the answers to these bonus questions you would be doing me a real solid!!"

* does taking stimulants(adderall or phentermine) and opiates cause stress on the lungs and make it difficult to breath??
[Or am I dying from black mold]

*is there any remedy that is better than the antiDhea pills to stop my intestines from spazzing during WD and nonstop blackneon death. (This is the biggest problem during these minor WD for me.)

*last time I have used too many and dsy for a few daystoo long I took norcos and sstill felt somewhat not the best but when I stopped the norcos I didn't have any wds!! How did that happen!??!

* any restless leg while trying to sleep advice if I do get sick.

* are the intestine / stomach.pain just from lack of going to the bathroom for the week or whatever that you binge?

Ok, your post is kinda sloppy, but I'll give it a shot.

Normally, no, since you we're only using at night, you wouldn't get a physical dependence. 100mg MScontin(or equivalent) isn't much. But with a history of abuse addiction, it could be possible.

But it would be like the lowest form of dependency. The withdrawal symptoms would be very mild.

In your case, I think it's just "rebound" effects. Abusing any drug carries rebound, and it can be pretty damn pronounced with opiates. 100mg morphine still isn't a small dose, even after 10 nights you'll feel rough not taking it, but a couple days and your body adjusts.

That also answers "bonus question" number 5, it is just a rebound effect, your intestines have been filled with opioids, not having them basically makes em' squirm for a few days(at those doses, heh)

As for the Norco "bonus question", it explains that too. Your not truly "dependent", just experiencing rebound effects. Hydrocodone is less potent than morphine, switching to them is a kind of taper method, basically an easier transition.
(Think of it this way: Patient A goes to ER, gets 15 Norco 7.5, he doesn't have any negative effects when he runs out. If Patient B recieves 10 OxyContin 160's, well, he'll feel pretty damn rough when he runs out ;) )

For bonus question 2: Not really, but first generation antihistamines(see below) will help, and 2nd gen's to a lesser extent, with higher doses.

Bonus question 4: Don't worry, you won't have any.

Bonus question 1: WTF? Black Mold????

(Footnote: A few 1st generation antihistamines: Benadryl Doxylamine, chorpherinamine, all over the counter.

Cetirizine or loratadine work in a pinch, just double the recommended dose.)

opiate withdrawl

So I'm on day 4 of wd I woke up not feeling the best today I wasn't on a very high dose and I took them as prescribed which was 2 5mg tabs 4 times a day but I lost my bottle of pills while away at my camp and this is the first time I had to deal with this just wondering how many more days till I feel better I had a few leftover from last month's prescription because some days I only take 3 doses so I had 15 mg throughout the day Tuesday and weds. I just don't feel good and I'm afraid... i feel so weird and constant weird dreams. Help me understand all of this

Hey HauntedEchoes.. welcome to Bluelight.. I like your handle :)

If you dont mind can you please give us the name of the drug you were on?

So I'm on day 4 of wd I woke up not feeling the best today I wasn't on a very high dose and I took them as prescribed which was 2 5mg tabs 4 times a day but I lost my bottle of pills while away at my camp and this is the first time I had to deal with this just wondering how many more days till I feel better I had a few leftover from last month's prescription because some days I only take 3 doses so I had 15 mg throughout the day Tuesday and weds. I just don't feel good and I'm afraid... i feel so weird and constant weird dreams. Help me understand all of this

Yes it is oxycodone

You should be getting close.. usually about day six or seven people start to feal much better. Are you intending to get off completely or are you going to fill back up when your script comes due?

You should be getting close.. usually about day six or seven people start to feal much better. Are you intending to get off completely or are you going to fill back up when your script comes due?

I'm probably gonna fill them because I do really have back pain and knee pain and I do not abuse them I take exactly as directed I have been taking them since 07 and not once abused them and honestly they don't make me feel and different than taking tylenol. I had a really good friend die from taking pills so I don't mess with them like that I seen what happened to him the days leading up to his death and it's scary I won't let that happen to myself. Thanks for your help I actually had 2 last night I still have a couple laying around the house just trying to conserve till Monday I feel better today so I guess I'm ok now thanks again.

If you plan on going back on them then you can use the lope escape

loporimide

Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread v. 2

I wish you the very best of luck.. sorry you are dealing with this and im going to shoot this up to BDD so others can help you through this.

SL>> BDD.

I have a few more questions now. Last night I was playing a game on my phone and suddenly the peripheral vision in my right eye started going black it lasted maybe 30 seconds or less can withdrawl cause this? Also I have very bad anxiety and panic attacks they seem worse now is this because of withdrawl also? I feel terrible right now is it possibly because I'm taking small amounts of my pain med and then I go back into withdrawl? The vision thing was strange I'm wondering if it was from anxiety because I hold my breath sometimes and I'm wondering if this caused this it was almost like when I have a migraine with aura but it only lasted a very short time.

****PLEASE READ THIS****Hello all, first time posting but please read this. I just spent the last week going prepping for withdrawals for a 10 year opiate addiction (roughly 10-12 Perc-30s (roxios)daily along with subs, OC80's, opanas, tramadol's, etc. So after doing some research I was able to prep for my terrible week of withdrawals. I was equipped with roughly everything (DXM, benzos, lope, Kratom, vitamins, bananas, etc). I left and went very far away from anywhere I could get access to anything. Little did I know I wouldn't need nearly any of these things besides DXM. It literally took away every withdrawal feeling I had. I had absolutely no RLS, in fact I slept like a baby. I think the biggest mistake people make with DXM is the significant amount that they take. It's completely unnecessary. I took roughly double possibly triple the dose but no one where near any of the robotrips. Please I beg you to try this. Buy Nyquil too, because it also has DXM.

My process started with me taking 8 lopamide pills the first 2 days (but absolutely do not exceed this ) because its extremely addictive. I took a benzo occasionally but because of the DXM it literally never gave me RLS. So 2 days of lope, and 4 or 5 small amount of DXM for 3-4 days and its over. I have been through the worst withdrawals to the point I wanted to die. I couldn't sleep and the RLS was a nightmare. And with DXM I did not have any of these side effects. If you really want to quite then please please try this means. You will not need the kratom, very little benzos, and only 2 days of lope for the first 2 days. These steps will rid you of sleeplessness, RLS, the runs, and all of the other excruciating things that go with it. It's been over a week, and I haven't taken a single thing in days and I feel better than ever! I really didn't know this was possible. just had to share this with someone. Thanks! I hope it helps some people!!

Hello: I feel so stupid because I have had a hard time getting back on this forum. I posted and had some wonderful replies and now I need some help. I just wish I could give my email address but I see I can't I did the first part and got off of the drugs. Not as much as some people but still even though they are prescribed I felt the need to stop. Tomorrow will be my third day off and I am not feeling good. I didn't want to take ambien but last night I did and slept for a while. I don't want to be on subox for a long period of time. Can someone please tell me if taking my subs for a couple of days will be enough to get me back on my feet. I appreciate all of you that responded and I had a terrible tme getting back on. So if you would give me the link to click on that would help. So I take a small amount and put it under my tongue ..is that correct? I never used them when I got them because I thought I could do this....but I need some relief if only for a day or two. THANKS SO MUCH...Michelle

^ You'll only be prolonging the inevitable, but if you must, go for it. Only a tiny piece of an 8mg Suboxone (like 1mg) will hold back a lot of withdrawal symptoms. But like I said, you'll eventually have to face the music.

I don't know what you mean? I've stopped for two days..I am facing everything. Exhaustion no sleep and so much more. I just want to know if the subs work for a couple of days and then will it stop. Or should I just ride this out and forget the subs. Thanks.. I'm not interested in DMX or anything like that. Don't know what that is but just read a post here. All I want to do is feel good again and no matter how much pain I will feel from my injury I would rather feel the pain than ever go thru this horror again. What a mess. Thanks Michelle

I've found for me at least a combination of Imodium and amphetamines helps a ton the Imodium will fix your stomach and the amphetimes help starve of depression and obviously u ain't sleeping anyway I I stay awake for one or two nights on adderall the time flys and by and by the third night you stop dosing the amps and then u crash amazingly sleep might actually come for a few hours u wake up on the third day of withdrawal and feel like shit but not as bad

^ You'll only be prolonging the inevitable, but if you must, go for it. Only a tiny piece of an 8mg Suboxone (like 1mg) will hold back a lot of withdrawal symptoms. But like I said, you'll eventually have to face the music.

^^half true. If u use that sub properly ( there are many threads on short tapers here) u will face the music BUT it will be a classical orchestra as opposed to a GWAR concert.

Today is my third day of coming off of drugs. Last night I took 1/2 of an ambien and at 3:30 a.m. took the other half and actually slept for a couple of hours. I signed a contract (3 pages) with my doctor standard drug contract...that said after years of medication they (the meds) do no good. Well that's just a crock because I have a lot of pain in my injury that I haven't felt in years. Sadly people that have never had any pain...such as politicians, newscaster and all the rest are now the experts! I didn't start any subs as I don't want to start with out some guidance and maybe I can do it without. Today I'm sneezing and hurting but mentally feel better not taking the drugs. This is an experiment at this point to see if I can be without the meds...To all of you that have gone through this I hope you are all doing well. I just think that I couldn't do this again. Michelle

I have been completely strung out on Fentanyl 100mcg/hr patches (sometimes wearing two at once for weeks on end. Or I would take approximately 300mg oxy instant release (10 or so of the 30 mg pills.. snorting and eating them like tic tacs). Sometimes I would take both. Just laying that out to establish I'm speaking from experience.

I believe I am an expert at withdrawals because I have scheduled a week off and went cold turkey at least a dozen times with success. And by success I mean I had stopped everything for well over a month and was at the point where I had no cravings or wasn't uncomfortable at all.

Unless you have really hit it hard and quit over and over like me, you might be surprised at how easy it is. I stopped cold turkey the first few times and life sucked the first three but on day 4-5 it was like a cloud was lifted and I was completely fine. And mind you, I had been flying high off fent, which is no joke. These last few times though, it's taken more like a week. I really feel that many of you will be completely fine in a week. So remember that. Literally every second, you a second closer to victory. And after day 3, literally every second after the next is easier than the one before it.

I've tried everything you can think of to help and here is what I found best. I am only including he things that I think really had an impact.

Eat super healthy... starting before you quit. Lots of green stuff, fruit vegetables, etc.
Do NOT eat any processed foods.
Do NOT drink alcohol.... tried this, makes it much worse.
-I list those three things above and they all basically make you what's called 'alkaline'. It is very hard for diseases to exist in an alkaline body. Go look up alkalinity and being 'alkaline' is your goal. If you have a juicer - juice the shit out of kale and dark green leafy stuff. But you don't need a juicer. Just look up what items are high in alkaline and avoid the ones high in acid. That is why booze is sooo bad for w/d = super high in acid.
*Potassium - banannas or supplements - it helps.
*Tyrosil - I might be getting the name wrong. This nutrient helps.
Check out the 'Thomas Recipe"
Elimidrol - it helps. It just basically has a ton of the tyrosil, B6, potassium, zinc and other stuff people recommend.
All the other stuff people recommend for RLS or Diahherea. Inexplicably, I get neither of those when I w/d.

And here is my BEST advice you don't see much of, but it works if you can wrap your head around it: Thoughts = Images = Feelings = Behavior.

Alot of what we feel and experience is based on three things: Our phsiology (what we are doing with out bodies), our language, and our focus (the pictures we have in our head).

If you don't believe this then stretch your arms out, look up at the sky, smile real big - and then feel bad. You can't. What we are doing with our bodies affects how we feel. This is why I highly recommend you go for the walks or exercise as people suggest.

*Focus is the most important though. I can't stress this one enough. It's very hard but try to put images in your head of when you were at an absolute peak state (not on drugs) and doing really well. Keep repeating that image in your head. Everytime that 'tinge' for drugs pops in your head get mad at it. Try to make even the thought make you angry and sickened by it. You don't do that crap anymore, you are a champion!

And quit researching how to feel better and obsessing over it. You need to change your thoughts.

I can't stress this enough, if you wrap your head around it: Thoughts = Images = Feelings = Behavior. It's like a recipe. Change one element of this recipe and the end result changes. This can be studied in depth by researching "neuro linquistic programming" or "NLP".

Be well!