• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

If you want this person to believe 19 5/325 norcs are going to fuck up his liver I dont think you should be moderating anything I mean really one time to get by he only has 19 of them you are making me wonder if you really want to help or show how smart you are about taking tylenol out of norcos I could have explained the procedure or better yet gave them a link with pics. I just gave them a simple answer they were looking for and if you can show me one case of 19 5/325 norcos destroying someone's liver. I will never try to help someone on bluelight again. wow

Don't be so bloody dramatic. All I was saying is that CWE's were not as hard as you made them out to be in your post. And, yeah maybe "one" time wouldn't hurt... but how many just "one" times have we all had with shit...?

Relax.

Don't be so bloody dramatic. All I was saying is that CWE's were not as hard as you made them out to be in your post. And, yeah maybe "one" time wouldn't hurt... but how many just "one" times have we all had with shit...?

Relax.

true, true Glad we got that clarified

Cold turkey heroin wirhdrawal

Hey there, I'm new to the site and I guess I'm looking for support an information on my upcoming cold turkey withdrawal. I'm pretty terrified as my last withdrawal which was about a month ago, was absolutely brutal, an that was with a relatively rapid Suboxone taper (5 days). Prior to that detox I had been using between 1 and 2 grams of heroin daily (I smoke it no IV at all). Anyways the last detox I was in a treatment centre for as I had gone through that facility previously and my parents put me back in to detox as they didn't want me trying to go cold turkey at their place. Anyways I relapsed pretty quickly after that and have been using about the same amount as before for about three weeks. My intention was to "just get high once" as the last thing I wanted was to go through that horrible withdrawal again but obviously that didn't happen. Anyways, any ideas of how bad it's going to be? As I said I've only been using for about three weeks but pretty heavily. I've been searching around the site and have got some ideas to make it a bit easier..Imodium and benzos are what I'm thinking. I also got 10 oxy 20s from a friend..not sure how much those will help? Any thoughts/support would much appreciated! I honestly don't know if getting clean for good is what I want but I do know there is no way in hell I can keep up this habit. I also go into withdrawal super quickly for some reason and need to dose at least every few hours..not really sure why? Thanks for the help in advance and I am really loving this forum so far!

Oh and the reason I'm not taking Suboxone is that I want to get the sickness over as soon as possible as no one in my life is aware that I am using again and I need to clean up and get a job as soon as possible.

Here is our thread on Opiate/Opioid Withdrawal.

Anyway, you can definitely use the oxycodone to help with the withdrawals. You have 10 20mg oxycodone pills, so try using 3 or 4 the first day, and go down by 1 pill each day and then maybe use the last pill by cutting it in half and using 10mg one day, and skip a day and take 10mg the final day of the taper. I have used oxycodone successfully to taper off of heroin, but I was just sniffing like 3 bags a day at the time, and the bags were around 80mg each.

Pharmacy, acetaminophen with caffeine and codeine size 200 is over the counter very cheap. Thats 1.6g of codeine/bottle in addition to your oxy. I wouldn't go with oxy unless you really need it.

Oh and the reason I'm not taking Suboxone is that I want to get the sickness over as soon as possible as no one in my life is aware that I am using again and I need to clean up and get a job as soon as possible.

If you experience full heroin withdrawal you will look like a walking dead who just got out of a car accident for a full week. Everybody will notice that, what were you thinking? On the other hand, job search sucks so bad in Canada right now that working 10 hours/day to find a job vs. shooting heroin often has a similar outcome. Lol. I've searched for a job 10 hours/day for the past 3 months and it looks like it's a waste of time, no one ever calls back...so you didn't miss much I guess.

Last edited:
Ok so I didn't know about this thread so I started a new thread in OD- sorry if that was wrong! I went through withdrawal about a month ago (heroin) with the aid of a rapid Suboxone taper it was 8-8-6-4-2-nothing and honestly it was still pretty awful. I was feeling terrible and about a 2 weeks later started using heroin again although I had planned for it to be a one time thing. That did not happen and for the last few weeks I've been using around 2 grams of heroin a day (smoking) which was what I was using prior to my last detox. Can anyone give me an idea of how bad it is going to be this time? I am planning on doing cold turkey, or at least without the aid of Suboxone as I found it not that helpful and that extended my withdrawal. What would be the best plan for me? I got 10 oxy 20s from a friend but am worried that that won't even put a dent in my sickness. Also, because I was only clean for a few weeks will that mean my withdrawal will include all of the time I was using before? Any thoughts/support would be greatly appreciated! I feel like such an idiot for getting myself back into this position.

^ I have gone through some cold turkey withdrawals from pretty big heroin habits and I was alright after 5 days (not back to 100% yet, but I could manage) and there were only 2 or 3 days where I was 'out of commission' where I was sick enough to not be able to hide being sick, so it varies from person to person.

I was just planning in telling my family I have the flu and not visiting with them (I live on my own). I guess I could do another Suboxone taper but I just didn't find it that helpful before and kind of just want to get it all over with. I feel really guilty about my relapse which is why I don't want my family to know..they have worried enough about me.

I was just planning in telling my family I have the flu and not visiting with them (I live on my own). I guess I could do another Suboxone taper but I just didn't find it that helpful before and kind of just want to get it all over with. I feel really guilty about my relapse which is why I don't want my family to know..they have worried enough about me.

Taking an oxy 20 before meeting with your family will provide relief and make you look normal for a few hours. That's why I said not to use them unles really necessary.

I merged your thread into here since you posted here anyway. Also I was going to say to KSA that just because you wanted to get it over with since you didn't want your family to know didn't mean you live with them, and it looks like I was right about you not living with them and just wanting to get it over with so you can see them again quickly instead of having to avoid them for a while which would tip them off about your relapse.

Thanks guys! I'm not looking forward to this at alllll I'm worried about how bad it's going to be but hopefully I can just tough it out and get through it. I also have some zopiclone and Valium would those be helpful as well? Sorry I'm inexperienced at withdrawal without Suboxone and in a treatment or detox setting so advice is really appreciated.

Good for you man, I hope to be there with you soon and quit these terrible pills. You'll make it through just keep strong and remember time will heal, try to focus on the good and your day instead of the withdrawal (easier said than done I know).

Does anyone have any idea how bad my withdrawal will be? I know it's different for everyone but I am wondering how likely it is that it will be pretty severe. Like I mentioned its been about a month since I started using again and it's 1-2 grams a day via smoking. I was clean for about 3 weeks. I've never cold turkey detoxed before so I'm pretty nervous. Also, does anyone have any experience with zopiclone during withdrawal? It knocks me out and I know that when I withdraw my inability to sleep is the absolute worst symptom. Thanks again for the responses!

The time I promised my bf we would quit is rapidly approaching. I'm finding myself coming up with excuses to push back stopping using pretty much every day. Ahhh the other times I have detoxed I have not dove it at home (rehab, parents place, hospital detox) so I'm super nervous that once I start getting really sick ill just cave. I need to just suck it up and grit my teeth I know but does anyone have any good tips for not caving?

The time I promised my bf we would quit is rapidly approaching. I'm finding myself coming up with excuses to push back stopping using pretty much every day. Ahhh the other times I have detoxed I have not dove it at home (rehab, parents place, hospital detox) so I'm super nervous that once I start getting really sick ill just cave. I need to just suck it up and grit my teeth I know but does anyone have any good tips for not caving?

Why are you forcing yourself to do it cold turkey if you're so nervous about it?

Hello

I would like to know a bit more about opioid withdrawal as I'm trying to understand how various neurobiological mechanisms are implicated in the experience of pleasure. In essence, what I want to know is:

Can a person going through opioid withdrawal experience euphoric feelings or strong pleasure (when listening to music for example) or does the withdrawal completely block these? To elaborate a bit more...

The state of being in withdrawal itsel is obviously highly dysphoric and non-euphoric. But is it possible to induce pleasure by actively engaging in pleasurable activities like, say, getting an orgasm, listening to some euphoric music of your choice or eating a bunch of sweet chocolate?

It is my understanding that going through opioid withdrawal is partially the opposite of having an opioid high: whereas when high on opioids you can just lie down doing nothing and feel awesome, in withdrawal in this same scenario you feel like shit. If the opioid high is strong enough, there is very little reason to engage in rewarding activities as just being and doing nothing is so rewarding already. So how does this relate to the withdrawal - obviously doing stuff in general is very healthy as it gets the mind off the withdrawal and is healthy for the body as well, but is it possible to feel euphoria without drugs when going through opioid withdrawal? Take your favorite song that normally makes you feel euphoric without any drug - how does it work when you're in withdrawal? Also, how does acute vs. post-acute withdrawal syndromes compare in this sense?

Enormous appreciation for anyone who answers - I truly need this knowledge.

And finally: all of you dealing with withdrawal, I wish you a lot of strength. I have never experienced drug withdrawal but I have nevertheless been in an incredibly deep, dark place for many months. Better times are awaiting for you.

Thanks!

Vierailija

I guess because I want to get it over with as fast as possible. I don't want to be dependant on a maintenance program and I'm not really sure what other options I have. I've tried to taper my heroin dose in the past but I definitely am lacking the willpower to make that work.

response to how bad will WD be?

Does anyone have any idea how bad my withdrawal will be? I know it's different for everyone but I am wondering how likely it is that it will be pretty severe. Like I mentioned its been about a month since I started using again and it's 1-2 grams a day via smoking. I was clean for about 3 weeks. I've never cold turkey detoxed before so I'm pretty nervous. Also, does anyone have any experience with zopiclone during withdrawal? It knocks me out and I know that when I withdraw my inability to sleep is the absolute worst symptom. Thanks again for the responses!

I am using the same amount as you and I can tell you WD is REALLY bad. I tried and gave up, couldn't deal with the vomiting. However, I have been using longer--1 year, with a couple 2 week breaks. So that makes a difference. Tapering is best, but if you have no time, you have no time I guess. good luck

Recently (2-3 weeks ago) I detoxed off hydrocodone (9 months of use for medical reasons). It was a DEPENDENCE, not ADDICTION.

I'm curious to see, as I have about 20 10mg pills left, when I could take one again without getting semi sick (the "dope flu" only lasted about 1-2 days thanks to clonidine and lorazepam)

I wonder because if I ever did something like sprain my ankle (happens Semi frequently from athletics) and took one, would it send me spiraling back into the flu?

I don't have an addiction, so it's easy to resist, I've had them in my house and ZERO desire to take them.

Please no "you're addicted" posts, cause I really am not.