• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

MEGA - Drug/Legal issues impacting school/job

Currently there are way too many unemployed non-felons in the job market. the issue isn't whether or not hiring felons is fair, the issues is whether the concept of "felon" requires such a harsh set of common penalties: extreme difficulty in obtaining a job, a car, etc. can't own a gun. can't vote. cant associate with other felons with or without your knowledge. barred forever from french-speaking canada. prohibited from owning a cat.

in what state is a felon not allowed to own a cat?

and the whole associating with other felons is only a rule if your on parole

If you look at papers other than English speaking one then you'll have lots of luck. My SO doesn't have any arrests but all his jobs he got through the Polish newspaper. They never checked his records. Ever and he has been working consistently for the last 6 years in several jobs. If you have friend who has connections to an ethnic group, try your luck there. Spanish, Polish, any Europeans.

barred forever from french-speaking canada.

I'm pretty sure nowadays, felons are basically barred from canada what-so-ever. Hell they just turned away a middle age man from entering their country with his family, on a short vacation, because of a MARIJUANA-related MISDEMEANOR he got when he was in his 20's.

Why... why the fuck is punishment valued so highly in this society? :X

I'm pretty sure nowadays, felons are basically barred from canada what-so-ever. Hell they just turned away a middle age man from entering their country with his family, on a short vacation, because of a MARIJUANA-related MISDEMEANOR he got when he was in his 20's.

Why... why the fuck is punishment valued so highly in this society? :X

Yeah but they pretty much are supporting Heroin habits...but god for bid he smoked a Joint 20 years ago... Whack-Jobs.... Its easier to get into Canada than it is into Mexico

I have a couple possession charges , grand theft auto , eluding , burglary , aggravated assault , dwi , disorderly conduct , shoplifting , vandalism and probably a few more I'm forgetting.

I'm pretty much fucked I guess as far as working goes but I get pretty high everyday

And that's enough for me :)

HAHA...great post, classic!

Obtaining property by deception (multiple counts) - counterfeit credit cards, travellers cheques
Attempting to obtain property by deception (multiple counts) - couple of places didnt cash the cheques
Making false documents (multiple counts) - several kinds of false ID
Using false documents (multiple counts) - all of the above
Posess the proceeds of crime (multiple counts) - all of the above
Resist/assault police - self explanatory
State false name to police - self explanatory
Go equipped to steal - false documentation
Theft - a wallet which provided the basis for one of the alternate identities.

My life's epic. I've never been out of work a day.

Last edited:
Criminal history is as follows in chronological order: One count of petty theft, one count of public intoxication, and one count of indecent exposure (yes, you heard it).

I have been hired at every job I have sought employment at, with the exception of one. I am currently working on becoming more successful, and I am quite certain it will, in fact, happen. Also, I obviously need to take the time to get that indecent exposure charge expunged.

i dont got a criminal history but i do god a phd. Pretty High Degree

my dad has worked for the MTA in NYC for about 15 years, and he had a felony conviction around 7 years ago for some kind of burglary or vandalism charge, Im not sure exactly what it is. he was able to keep his job because his boss liked him and made sure the higher ups didn't find out. he drives buses but actually makes a ton of money because of his seniority on the job.

I hear everyone on this board. I just got charged with 2 felonies 1 for possession, And 1 for possession with intent to distribute. I am concerned about what my future has in store for me. Not only do I have to Worry about Prison I also have to worry about a career after my legal problems come to a conclusion. I just pray my Lawyer is worth the money he's getting.
Ciao

Lol, if I was ever charged over possessing a drug, I'd probably learn how to spell it. Cannibus made me lol.

Nice thread.

Yes I'm a criminal. I was sentenced to 3 years prison for possession of drugs with intent to sell. I served just over 2.5 years. 10 months of that was in maximum security.

That is the only time I have been in trouble and I have been a good boy ever since. As for being successful, I think I'm doing ok. I work for myself and manage to pay the bills ok. I'm not a millionaire yet.

If I were in these employers' shoes I would not really care so much about drug crimes. However other felonies of violence and theft I would certainly raise an eyebrow to. I think it's more of a judge of character if anything. Plenty of successful people can use/sell drugs and maintain their composure being good people and contributing to society. But we all run out of luck sometime.

ive been arrested and not charged had my gun taken aand kept when accuser even admitted fairy tale he made up...

and charged and found innocent but with minor charge attached (i was mugged run over and then jailed cuz they said i attacked them so i got a crim mischief for throwing a chair at em during my beating)...

neighbor had me arrested for Gta when his junk van was left on my land i was told remove it by code enf. or be fined...so i had it towed to scrapyard...no$for it just towed...i had it dropped but got disord/conduct...why? idk....3 days jail before it was over........if even arrested not charged/innocent you can be fired

i had my own biz for 9 years hired felons druggies etc...but i am not a felon and have a few reckless endangerment charges....no way to defend or win a dismissal...all they need is to say..well something could happen....not did happen or even be any wrongdoing even be legal 100pct....they say i should be going 20mph not 22mph in a rainstorm...bam no way to say i am not guilty..they say lalala...and guilty...only law you can find that you cant beat/prove innocent....its all lets pretend game

politicians are criminals and leos too but dont arrest one another...if a cop is a criminal he isnt cuz hes a cop....they can killl at will say well...i felt threatened he couldve had a gun so i shot him.....89 times....in the back....from 45 yards...from my patrol car.....and go free....a righteous kill..ok sure yes it is mmhmmmm

I like to think of it as what cannot be tested for.

politician...self employed.....bartender (most dont)...musician.....some factories even.but i found my boss and crew tokin up and was let go cuz i mouthed off then sent email about them and never heard a thing after fired....reported injury 2x and nada just told im not respectful..and leave....any chance of a lawsuit??? btw at will hire and they said i was late but no time clock...i also made more $ than boss..no help with moving heavy stuff when i said at hire i was a pain patient w/restriction on weight...they just watched me struggle and looked mad when i asked for help (took 3 of them to do lift)