• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Ann and Sasha Shulgin Need Our Help

Getting old sucks, I own land too I can't sell, I know if I was in Sasha's situation I'd be dead & bankrupt.

(Donated)

I donated a while back after it first happened to some fund erowid was having. Just purchased the benefit album, as well.

Update from Ann Shulgin

Dearest Friends,
Sasha's heel is improving, but he's still lifting his heel from the ground when walking, just to insure as little pressure as possible until healing is complete. In the evenings, he still gets the needle-pains in his left foot, and only the pain meds and a bowl of chocolate ice cream (by mouth) ...seem to help.It was a beautiful day and we saw none of the reported high winds that brought trees down all over the East Bay. It's hard not to hope for warm weather and early spring, but common sense reminds us that more rain is needed, and more rain will come. I just hope the weather gets a bit less bone-chillingly cold, especially at night.Sasha's spirits have been a bit low the past two days, although he smiles and laughs as soon as Paul Daley arrives, or Tania, or Greg, or several other familiar, loving people. He always smiles at me, as I do at him. Our two women caregivers are not only trained, and immensely capable, but affectionate and truly caring with Sasha. They change what has to be changed during the night, and they always do what has to be done with amazing good humor, no matter how little sleep they might have had. During day shifts, they engage Sasha in various ways, not letting him droop or sink into sadness (which sometimes overtakes him for a few minutes), and their good humor always brings him out of those low moments.I'll write more about our two women caregivers tomorrow or Saturday, but it's too late tonight to write as much as I'd like. I have one question on my mind: how come people who take care of property -- houses, farms, haunted mansions -- are called caretakers, and people who take care of people are called caregivers?Never mind.... Sleep well and Blessings ------Ann
January 21 5:09pm

Not sure if this has been posted but it warms my heart to hear about the caregivers kindness towards this man.

Dr. Shulgin has been a Fb Friend for quite some time. We don't verbaly interact because of, "You Know Why!" But I do follow his Health, and Family progress Religiously. I respect his position with such Devotion, that I would not even think of us on a ,"First name basis" but, I wish that I had met this man when he had the Epiphany to minipulate molecular structure on the chemical level that he is Blessed with. My devotion to his Philosophy is unending, and opens Doors to New Perceptions while in ordinary reality. This man is one of The Founding Fathers of Brain chemistry(probably the most outstanding) in, and of, This Generation! I consider myself a Shaman, with at least 30 years of training, and Experience. Not Jimi Hendrix experienced, But Space Time Deminsion(s) Experienced. I am not a Dr. or claim to be one. But for lack of words that some (Uneducated, Psudo Experienced people) may have to look up in a Real Medical Dictionary, I Know MY Shit! Please Thank You for allowing me to print a few of My Thoughts. ~Zaffol~

[Somewhere in the Eye of My Mind Is a Place that Exists Without Pain, or Time.] I Hope to See You There. ~Z~

Unfortunately, I can't afford to give at the moment. They should be able to qualify for MediCal, although they may have to be reduced to poverty first.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to give at the moment. They should be able to qualify for MediCal, although they may have to be reduced to poverty first.

So I'm guessing that u just read the title and then clicked reply? He has Medicare, that pays for 80%, but that 20% is still a lot, and he needs round-the-clock care that isn't covered. Also, y is nobody mentioning the post where it says he past last sunday?

^ the quote said it was his son, Ted. I looked but I couldn't find anything about it.

Update

I wanted to thank everyone who's made a contribution to the Shulgins in their time of need.

I thought I'd let you know Anne Shulgin has posted a number of updates, thanking everyone who has helped. I thought it would be encouraging to post part of Anne's most recent update from earlier this evening (intended for the public) to give you all an idea of how things are going and Dr. Shulgin's health overall:

Dearest People,

As usual, it's too late and I've got to be up tomorrow earlier than I want to think about, to wash my hair and get ready for the book-signing at U.C. Berkeley bookstore.

But before I dash to bed, I must say something to all of you. We've spent months and months, now, fund-raising for Sasha's home-care. It costs an extraordinary amount each day, as you know, but it's worth it because the Tibetan women and our bouncy Brit are so terrific, so loving to Sasha, so determined to keep him getting stronger and keep him happy, I never spend more than a fraction of a second thinking about the alternatives. They simply can't happen, so why waste time worrying about them! Not only that -- all the good care -- but seeing Sasha in the lab with Paul Daley, several times a week, is a joy. He's so happy there, so full of puns of the most dreadful kind (okay, sometimes they're actually good, worthy of at least two groans from everyone present), and so comfortable speaking his first language -- chemistry -- that it makes up for what's been lost. Almost.

In the meantime, I find myself thanking the universe, the Great and Smaller Gods and Goddesses, and most of all, each and every one of you. I can't send written thank-you's to you, but I can say here and now -- you have my gratitude, my thanks and my love.

Blessings and good dreams --

Ann (and Sasha)

To me, knowing Dr. Shulgin is receiving the appropriate care, allowing him to enjoy the little things (and allowing Anne the joy of seeing him happy) warms my heart. Despite the recent death of their son, Ted, I'm pleased to hear Anne and Sasha are doing their best to enjoy their lives, and continue to do as many book signings and public appearances as their present situation allows.

Furthermore, "The Shulgin Index" has been released and is available for purchase from Anne and Sasha's Transform Press:

http://transformpress.com/shulginindexvol1.html

By purchasing a copy of this comprehensive survey of the known psychedelics, you will also be contributing to the Shulgins.

Again, on behalf of the Shulgins, and on behalf of Bluelight, thank you so much to those who have so generously donated Sasha's care.

Best,

SG

Perfect way to use the leftover money on the prepaid credit card numbers I've accumulated over the years. Only added up to about $20 but I feel a lot better giving to Alexander Shulgin than the credit card company.

can someone tell me if i do have to pay any conversionfees if i send money via paypal since we have the euro over here and if yes how much?