• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do people enjoy the opiate nod?

The nod is absolutely wonderful in every way. It is enjoyable beyond words. If I had to compare to something I'd compare it to how a baby must feel in the womb plus the whacky and wonderful "dreams". The first time I truly nodded was on tramadol, just 100 mg. I remember watching Frida, the movie, while slipping in and out in the most comfortable way. Everything was good and I had no worries nor any anxiety.

nodding sort of comes on by itself especially cuz i dose with benzos and weed lmao...sometimes i end up just going to sleep and waking up in an hour or two and sometimes i melt into blissful euphoria and forget about everything else in the world...

as people have already said, it is very much a dream like state for me. Some people enjoy this and some don't, i think it just comes down to personal preference.

But I find it amazing, and my reasoning for this is based on the fact that usually when i attempt sleep (say not on opiates) i find it troublesome to let go of the stress and worries that I face within that day, or previous days in my life. I over analyze mistakes ive made in the past, think about my biggest regrets, etc.

But when opiates are causing me to nod out, I am numb to all of these feelings, thoughts, and emotions- and they don't even cross my mind! Nothing does at this point (where i begin to nod out-or zone out&stare into space) and i feel like a warm heavy blanket of absolute numbness.

I find it incredible and I really enjoy this aspect of opiates.<3

One of the reasons H is so good is it gives the ability to block out all the pain and bullshit you've been through in life. For me while in a nod everything is perfect. It brings on a beautiful world with no pain and everything feels right.

I've been taking hydrocodone for several years, and not once did I ever nod out. It gives me a nice stimulating buzz that I really enjoy. Lately though I've come into some Opana ER (oxymorphone) and have experienced the nod for the first time. I've found that it's a fine line with Opana between being alert and feeling good as opposed to nodding out and having difficulty keeping my eyes open.

My question is, why do people enjoy this feeling? To be honest I don't like it at all. When this happens to me I usually down several energy drinks to try to counteract it. I don't understand why people seem to think it is enjoyable to nod out. Maybe because due to my years of hydrocodone use I've come to look at opiates as more of a social drug? As crazy as this probably sounds to most, I much prefer hydrocodone to oxymorphone just because it is much easier for me to function on.

Thanks for any input.

When I first starting using heroin and still experienced the so called nod I used to love it you feel so relaxed almost like your wrapped in cotton wool and cut off from all stress related to the real world. I suppose not everyone would enjoy this feeling as everyone has their own personal likes and dislikes.

for me, nod-land is comparable to being asleep, although it is euphoric.. but this time around it was like i was actually in and out of dreaming, practically incoherent. every couple minutes i thought i was somewhere totally different and i would snap back to reality and say something that was relevant to the previous context

YES, and that is why I love nodding. :)

"'Cause when the smack begins to flow
Then I really don't care anymore
Ah, when the heroin is in my blood
And that blood is in my head
Then thank God that I'm as good as dead
Then thank your God that I'm not aware
And thank God that I just don't care
And I guess I just don't know
And I guess I just don't know"

That is why I like nodding.

The question is why DONT people like the opiate nod? :)

For me it took some time to get comfortable with. In the beginning, I used to get pretty worried about ODing when I was nodding, so I couldn't really enjoy it.

After a while I was able to enjoy it since I no longer worried about that.

Why would you not enjoy it? If you're high enough to be nodding you should be having an awesome time.

My first time doing any opiate i ate 30mg of oxy and I was laid out on my bed for 5 hours, fucking amazing. with intermittent puke breaks.

I think I experienced my first nod last night on 200mg of Tramadol with zero tolerance. Pretty much sat on the couch for three hours unable to move and in complete relaxation. Loved every second of it and I really want to go there again.

For me it took some time to get comfortable with. In the beginning, I used to get pretty worried about ODing when I was nodding, so I couldn't really enjoy it.

After a while I was able to enjoy it since I no longer worried about that.

Same for me, man. I thought that I would nod out and then it would be lights out; so I tried fighting the nod...

I'm on the fence about it. I prefer the speedy feeling i get when I dose up. I don't get this out of body experience nod, I wish I could feel it like most of you but everyone's reaction is different.

The nodding sucks when I'm at work. But I get to nap in the bathroom for about ten min and I'm good as gold.

methadone + oxy+ klonopin + lyrica + dxm + DPH + weed best nodd ever damn thhat shit was amazing

It feels like heaven... so calm and relaxing. You can just sit back and chill for that time period and not care about anything else.

The nod is what I do opiates for.
Of course I like the feeling of smaller doses with the slight relaxation and general good mood, but nodding lets me go to dreamscapes too wonderful to truly describe.
I tend to continue the situations I nod off in in my mind, which leads to most amusing stories. (Then I wake up and never write anything down lol)