• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do people enjoy the opiate nod?

Because it feels so calm and relaxing. It gives me a warm feeling all throughout my body. I also lose my care and nothing else matters at that point in time... All I care about is chilling doing whatever and just nodding the fuck out. Its all personal choice though...I like the nod a lot more than the rush of amphetamines. When I'm on stimulants I act weird and its just not what I like...

muvolution - werd.. i wish i could go back in time and trade the dillys ive snorted or eaten to people who would have hit them

alwaysblazed - and as for the stimulant rush vs. nod, apples to oranges.. but i totally understand what u mean, stimulants make my hyper and uncomfortable whereas on opiates i feel like "myself" and 100% comfortable

how do you dose your tramadol?
in the past year, ive only taken oxy and dilaudid as far as opiates go (wish i could find some opana!), but there is a shit ton of tramadol sitting upstairs but ive never bothered with it cuz im scared of randomly having a seizure..

tramadol is a funny one. its best to stagger doses, i usually start off with 150-200mg then add another 100 once or twice 2 to 3 hours apart. have you taken it before? it seems like half of the people who have tried it recreationally feel nothing, and the other half prefer it over anything else. but if your tolerance is decently high even tramadol is too weak to get you high in safe doses. theres virtually no seizure risk up until 400mg is what ive read, ive taken up to 600 over the course of 12 hours or so without trouble, but i once took 350mg at once and started sweating like crazy and felt delirious.

I guess I should clarify. I have impeccable technique, so i'll only bang them when i'm dead sober so i don't leave marks (for my super serious job) and after that I insufflate them. I have tried plugging a few times and it never seems stronger or to have more of a "rush" than snorting them.
If I had unlimited supplies I would just eat them. And if the BA was anything above 70% - I would just eat them.

It's funny that you would mention stims... I drank a cup of coffee yesterday and 8 hours later I seriously felt like i had been smoking crack. I can't handle stims at all, whatsoever.

nah, ive never taken tramadol. might be worth trying since theres an abundance of it, and i have a very limited OC supply (although im more comfortable with OC, having some experience with it and all).. i also am not a fan of the SSRI component or the long duration of tramadol, not to mention the possibility of a seizure.

wish i knew how to bang! probably shouldnt tho. i have a hard enough time curbing my OC use... but having access to dillies, which pretty much suck insufflated, makes me curious to try.

Last edited:
Tramadol sucks! Especially if you have a tolerance to actual opiates...I used tramadol for withdrawal from oxycodone it helped a little but not a lot. Didn't even get high from it only a little buzz the first time but I ended up taking them everyday for awhile. I don't even know why... So yeah just three days ago I run out but I didn't want to buy anymore because I had to up my dose of tramadol so much that it was crazy and dangerous.. Withdrawl was so bad yesterday I couldn't sleep, eat and was throwing up. I still feel eh today but not as bad. Any ways the point I'm trying to get to is fuck tramadol...don't mess with it. It sucks and you mine as well buy other shit and also I've seized on tramadol. It was not fun at all.

if i have nothing to do i i like it but if im somewhere where i shouldnt be on opiates its a pain in the ass trying to fight it

Nodding on opiates is one of the greatest feeling experiences in my opinion, as long as you don't start nodding out while you're trying to complete an important task and/or in front of people (working, driving, etc.) You just drift off into extremely vivid daydreams, maybe you and a few friends you haven't seen in a week will be smoking and drinking at a party or youll be with a girl you want, it's a dream situation (in my experience) where you come into it unhappy about what's going on. All good dreams would pretty much sum it up, and unless you dose very high, you can usually coem right out of it with very litte difficulty/external distraction. What's not to love about the nod as a whole?? <3=D

I'm on half an OC 80 right now. People love the nod because it's straight up euphoria. A fat blunt with a friend made it so I couldn't feel my body and I topped it off with a nice cig. It's just the best feeling ever (in a different way than rolling or tripping). Oh and Oxys > Hydro.

Just my .02

I've been taking hydrocodone for several years, and not once did I ever nod out. It gives me a nice stimulating buzz that I really enjoy. Lately though I've come into some Opana ER (oxymorphone) and have experienced the nod for the first time. I've found that it's a fine line with Opana between being alert and feeling good as opposed to nodding out and having difficulty keeping my eyes open.

My question is, why do people enjoy this feeling? To be honest I don't like it at all. When this happens to me I usually down several energy drinks to try to counteract it. I don't understand why people seem to think it is enjoyable to nod out. Maybe because due to my years of hydrocodone use I've come to look at opiates as more of a social drug? As crazy as this probably sounds to most, I much prefer hydrocodone to oxymorphone just because it is much easier for me to function on.

Thanks for any input.

You ever heard the saying "if you have to ask youll never know"?

But seriously. Its a good thing you dont like the nod. Person likes nodville, good chance hes an addict. When i was using nod was everything to me. The nod is hands down the best feeling ive felt in my life

But this guy explains it well, quote below

for me nodding is just the euphoric dream-like state where all your problems disappear and it almost feels slightly psychedelic, i often have very detailed hallucinations while nodding like i think im with some other friends or something then i snap out of it all confused as to where i am.

people who use lower level opiates like hydrocodone probably arent used to the nod.... so once you get used to it im sure youll love it, especially with stronger opiates like oxymorphone, or dope in my case

however if im in a social situation yeah its not always great to be sorta tripping out and not conscious.

so i THOUGHT i knew what nodding was, but a couple days of ago i had a paradigm shift. i took a couple more lines of OC than i have done before and i was pretty much incoherent while my gf gave me a massage

for me, nod-land is comparable to being asleep, although it is euphoric.. but this time around it was like i was actually in and out of dreaming, practically incoherent. every couple minutes i thought i was somewhere totally different and i would snap back to reality and say something that was relevant to the previous context ("can you hear the birds singing out here?" --> while we're laying on my bed indoors)...

cant say i really enjoyed it.. i think i just prefer using opiates alone, that way i dont need to focus on "restraining" myself from losing touch

I had a crazyyy nod going the other day on some oxymorphone.

Usually i fully nod out or im awake but this time i was perfectly half dreaming and half awake. I was still totally aware.

I must have hit the sweetspot with my dosage. If thats not something to enjoy i dunno what is.

I don't know, but that was always my goal when doing heroin. I always wanted to get high enough to nod out...it just felt great. You would go into a sort of dream like state. I remember sometimes i would be so messed up i would start saying things out loud that i was sort of dreaming in my head in my nods. It's unreal...very good feeling though.
I actually used to take dyphenhydramine when i didn't think i had enough H to give me a nod.

I remember sometimes i would be so messed up i would start saying things out loud that i was sort of dreaming in my head in my nods. It's unreal...very good feeling though.

For the longest time, I thought that something was wrong with me because I would do this all the time. I would snort half an opana, curl up in bed next to my girlfriend, and then I would begin saying the dumbest things. "You'd better run the flag up the flagpole." It was ridiculous.

Anyway, I don't nod often anymore unless I sniff a lot of dope or something. Even then, I don't nod in the same way most of the IV users I know nod. They can nod with a cigarette still burning between their fingers. It's crazy.

Anyway, I don't nod often anymore unless I sniff a lot of dope or something. Even then, I don't nod in the same way most of the IV users I know nod. They can nod with a cigarette still burning between their fingers. It's crazy.

I dont IV and ive had plenty of nods where i forgot i was holding onto something like the remote or a peice of food and i would just nod out then it would drop to the floor. Kinda the same concept i supposee.

I always laugh when this happens and it makes me really happy because i know im right where i want to be=D