• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The death of "speed stick Fresh" - Your favorite discontinued products

johnnie-walker-green-label.jpg

Discontinued in North America (at least) in 2013, apparently went back into limited production in 2015, can still be found.

Was my favorite of all the Johnnie Walkers, I even preferred it to Blue, especially at about 1/3 the price. Rich, full, hints of spice. Really good shit.

Not sure what happened but I guess it is back. Bought two fifths the other day and savoring a little bit. Really brings back some great memories of a few certain years a certain time ago. it's rapturous.

Not sure what happened but I guess it is back. Bought two fifths the other day and savoring a little bit. Really brings back some great memories of a few certain years a certain time ago. it's rapturous.

yeah, they have this at my local liquor store its either $25 or $40?

yeah, they have this at my local liquor store its either $25 or $40?

checked recently and my prices were way off:

Green: $70

Gold: $75

Black: $45

i once paid $7 - $10 for this:

ttJWSAa.jpg

Last edited:
257.jpg

This is no Johnny Walker Blue or Green but after it grows on you the fire is addicting.
It was 107 proof in 97 till the college kids started getting EtOH poisoning. So long Shimmering gold flaked vomit.

Goldshlager is discontinued!! 8o

I should really research before I post.

Discontinued in it's original -107 proof- Glory but I think it's available at 80 proof. Too much Cinnamon for regular 80 proof IMO.

Discontinued in it's original -107 proof- Glory but I think it's available at 80 proof. Too much Cinnamon for regular 80 proof IMO.

Sacrilege! There is no such thing as too much cinnamon.

Smirnoff do a cinnamon vodka with gold flakes. It's quite delicious on its own or with cloudy pressed apple juice.

Sacrilege! There is no such thing as too much cinnamon.

Smirnoff do a cinnamon vodka with gold flakes. It's quite delicious on its own or with cloudy pressed apple juice.

I would give the Smirnoff a try as GoldSchlager was no Vodka that's for sure. And a shimmer of Gold sounds nice.

Zima was good? How bout four loco? That was good? stuff. Last, MD 20/20 still exists, but red grape used to be 18% abv, then they lowered it to 13%. Big difference.

Do do they still make brass monkey? That was good stuff.

5 alive was disgusting. So much like sunny D but only slightly better.

i really miss must see PPV boxing cards that ceased to exist around same time as following careers ended: tyson, holyfield, lennox lewis, de la hoya

i wish arcades,pin ball halls, bowling alleys and pool halls were still main stream and a trusty place to meet people

don't miss it because don't need one but am curious why the anti car theft product 'the club' disappeared - i remember driving thru the bronx in late 90s and every car had one

OMG pinball! I feel like I am my mother's child when I think of pinball. Not only was she the acid Queen she was a pinball wizard <3

I loved pinball machines. Never really got into video games as much as pinball.

Depending on where you live (town, bigger city, bfe) I miss local movie houses. The ones with three screens. Where I'm from now, there used to be 4 neighborhood theaters within 5 miles. (tear being shed). Now it's like two multiplexes within 5-7 miles.