• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The death of "speed stick Fresh" - Your favorite discontinued products

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
It really, really sucks when this happens, when you have a favorite product that you LOVE and then its gone. Its even worse when you dont KNOW its gonna be discontinued so you cant stock up.

For a long time i was a loyal "speed stick" customer. The purple cap "Fresh" scent deodorant, was my favorite favorite favorite. It was cheap too, like 2 bucks. I love it, it was just such a fresh clean scent. Im a female but it didnt smell "manly" or guyish like alot of the mens deodorants out there like old spice, etc. It just smelled CLEAN. Never seen another one that came close to havin that scent, it was mad unique.

Anyways for about a year i switched up, tryin out Dove and other womens ones, I dont know why really, and then last week i went to go try to find a deodorant, NOT antiperspirant, since im breastfeeding now and was worried about all the aluminum, so i went to go find my trusty Speed Stick Fresh and it was DISCONTINUED! NOOOOOOOOO!!!

So, anyways, I was curious about yall, cuz it seems like everybody got a favorite product that they dont make no more. And, if any of us has seen it anywhere or somethin, we could pass the tip along to the rest of BL here :) If any of yall see the purple-cap speed stick fresh deodorant, definately give me a holla, ill buy 5!:D

file.php

no, I'm not joking

unscented mitchum roll on wins pits down. spendy but lasts for ages and it does contain aluminum .
i have been under the impression that we humans can tolerate metals with the exclusion of the heavy ones .
how is it that there is cause to avoid aluminum while breast feeding?

CRYSTAL PEPSI?? I havent seen that forever! Wasn't that only on shelves for like 6 months anyway? like in the early 90's? Have they been secretly making it since then? What gives? I used to like the CP too

I used to use Aussie brand conditioner exclusively because of the smell. They didn't discontinue it, but they changed the formula, and now it doesn't smell so good :(.

I also buy up Colgate Wave toothbrushes when I'm back in the US because they don't exist here, which is like being discontinued sort of.

sharkleberry fin kool-aid

which fortunately i found a source for

For a long time i was a loyal "speed stick" customer. The purple cap "Fresh" scent deodorant, was my favorite favorite favorite. It was cheap too, like 2 bucks. I love it, it was just such a fresh clean scent. Im a female but it didnt smell "manly" or guyish like alot of the mens deodorants out there like old spice, etc. It just smelled CLEAN. Never seen another one that came close to havin that scent, it was mad unique.

Try this. It's smells good and isn't expensive.

Degree-Mens-Deodorant.jpg

Christ, PB--I thought I was the only one! :D

I also dug this:

Pepsi-Blue.jpg

It was great by itself; mixed with Code Red, though, it was a party in my mouth.

unscented mitchum roll on wins pits down. spendy but lasts for ages and it does contain aluminum .
i have been under the impression that we humans can tolerate metals with the exclusion of the heavy ones . how is it that there is cause to avoid aluminum while breast feeding?

I loved Mitchum deoderant - my mum was a huge fan of it. I remember her always saying "oh, i need to get more Robert Mitchum from the store" :D So now, whenever i think of it, i always think of Robert Mitchum, lol :D I tend to avoid deoderants with Aluminium and parabens nowadays - while there is no conclusive evidence to show that these 2 products cause breast cancer, with the history of breast cancer that i have in my family, i'm not going to tempt fate.

Zicam Nite
The day it was pulled
Was the day my heart wept

NDTISO so I won't say why its my favorite.

Christ, PB--I thought I was the only one! :D

I also dug this:

Pepsi-Blue.jpg

It was great by itself; mixed with Code Red, though, it was a party in my mouth.

That stuff.. oh man. I remember getting really *really* blazed one day, like in summer of 2002, and drinking on of those warm. It was like turpentine and skittles. Not my bag at all. ;)

that soo funny cause I bought like 20 speed stick freshes , yea i said 20!! before it got discontinued. LOL! I bought the man one , obviously.. so its not the same but that funny that some enjoy speed stick as much as me.

OH yea I remember crystal pepsi.. Remember the commercial with song that goes like "right now,hey its for tomorrow right now, c'mon it's everything" or sumthing like that. I was like really really young when that commercial was on. I remember going food shopping with my mother and being like " can we please get the clear pepsi." The funny thing about crystal pepsi is that pepsi is clear first and they have to add something to it to make it black. So basically the just skipped a step to make it. When was I kid I always thought the made it turn clear from black. But nope, that is not true: it's is the other way around. I wish they brought it back just for nostalgia. I gotta say crystal Pepsi is so nostalgic because it was the first commercial I saw when I immigrate here from Europe. I was soo amazed about the clear Pepsi.

Last edited:
John Frieda Ocean Waves spray for hair.

john-frieda-ocean-waves-sea-spray-60181.jpg

It used to cost about $6 and was widely available. It's now available on eBay for a steal at $79.99!

pb-crisps.jpg

This was my favorite snack when I was a kid. I am craving them right now for some weird reason.

My favourite icecream flavour ever is Spotty Dog from New Zealand Ice Creamery (mix of vanilla and chocolate icecream with choc chips). When Cookies and Cream became more popular, they discontinued Spotty Dog (I don't know why, because Cookies and Cream is a completely different concoction... biscuit, not choc chips!!)

Several years later, Spotty Dog suddenly reappeared. I asked one of their counter staff what happened - apparently enough people wrote to them about the loss of Spotty Dog that they started making it again.

Win :)

Start writing letters, people!

Finally hit 10 000 and it's a post about icecream. I <3 Bluelight

^congrats on your 10k :)

John Frieda Ocean Waves spray for hair.

john-frieda-ocean-waves-sea-spray-60181.jpg

It used to cost about $6 and was widely available. It's now available on eBay for a steal at $79.99!

yesss loved this stuff. my last bottle was a generous donation from our very own lovely randycaver <3