• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The death of "speed stick Fresh" - Your favorite discontinued products

I wish they still had that deodorant! I still have this deodorant but only a little bit.

^hell yeah, that was like captain crunch for real men

i'm sorry for doing this, cause most of you that remember these awesome products probably completely forgot about them

6342675873_6e8658422d_z.jpg

tumblr_lz79aoOplL1qc39nho1_500.png

images

Ninja%20Turtles.gif

tumblr_l03ny93Siz1qb3mmfo1_r1_400.jpg

185_5467_ucp.jpg

win-pics-sprinkle-spangles.jpg

YummyMummies.jpg

tumblr_la9mzf6qxA1qb0i7no1_500.jpg

lol@ little orphan orange

Last edited:
OMG

Yes to otter pops, pizzarias, and sodalicious!

This thread is such a strange fun house mirror of processed "food". Did we grow up n the golden age (myriad mountain dew varieties notwithstanding) of guilt and consequence free bad-for-you food for children? The stuff I see on the brightly colored aisles of grocery stores, and on television on saturday mornings look so much more austure than it did in the late 80s and early 90s.

Recently I have not been able to find Excedrin. I love Excedrin. That's the only thing that will take away my headaches, when I get them. My whole family loves Excedrin.

Then one day on a trip to the grocery store, all the Excedrin had been pulled off the shelves.

It is still pulled off the shelves, too, which no explanation. Even the little gas stations I searched didn't have any Excedrin.

Now we all have headaches, and can't get rid of them.

it's not something tangible

but smoking sections in public facilities were cool while they lasted

the smoking sections in the terminals at the Atlanta Airports are crazy throwbacks. They'd probably be gone by now were it not for 9/11's crazy disruptive effect on airport security and not letting you leave your terminal during layovers and shit like that— a glass box full of octogenarians and businessmen, all leathery from their habit, the place smells like many different things depending on your past: a VFW hall, an AA meeting place, an old greasy spoon, a pawn shop, a grandmother's condo. The room seems purposely built to concentrate the second hand smoke, and to provide a save viewing area for more health-conscious sorts. The floor is hardened linoleum, the seats are those banks of injection molded plastics that show discoloration from where cigs have burned with a faint coffee colored ghost. The ashtrays are those odd egg-shaped, lever actuated that hide butts beneath until they pile up too high.

Its almost as though it remains unchanged not out of love, but because making improvements would necessitate some request to a bureaucracy that has a modern mandate to stamp out such Jurassic habits. As gross as it is, it is truly the last little corner of air travel that is authentically of the era when flying was a cool 60's thing that only cool people did. Air travel now is like how I always imagined bus travel was. That, of course, was until I actually visited a bus terminal, which was most similar to a dog track. Maybe that's why they call it greyhound.

They still have excedrin here, and the generic equivalents. Maybe just go on amazon.

probably caused by dolan constantly shoved in my face

a few days ago i woke up and in my head immediately started singing, 'da-da-danger, watch behind you, there's a stranger out to find you - what to do is grab on to some ducktails!'

than i youtubed it, and god damn that's a great song

novartis has has terrible quality control problems leading to recalls of excedrin and other products.
linkhttp://efoodalert.net/excedrin-etc-recalls/:

^ they were partnered with these, also discontinued (i think)

3036162019_a57ffc4a40.jpg

these might still e around, but i have not seen them in years
so good, better than fun-dip - the lollipop was bomb and the sugar was like pop rocks

C101878.jpg

Hey Khadijah they still make SpeedStick Fresh it's just in a green cap. I know because I made the mistake of picking it up thinking it was the Irish Spring SpeedStick. And yeah it's not manly AT ALL. Smells just like a fresh batch of flowers.