• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The death of "speed stick Fresh" - Your favorite discontinued products

yea, i had the fruit stripe gum a few years ago. YIKES, STRIPES, FRUIT, STRIPES, GUM!! It was maddd dry, and lost its flavor REALLY fast but i just had to buy it when i saw it. They have little tattoos on the wrappers now , coool!

BTW, There used to be this popcorn that would pop in colors when you got it. I dont remember the name of it, only that it had little question marks on the package, i think. You would put it in the microwave, and when it came out, it would be blue or yelow or green or red or watever. I dont remember much about it except that it would be a suprise of wat color it would be and i always really, really wanted it when i was a kid but it was too expensive and we didnt have a microwave so I dont thnk i ever got to try it. I just remember the commercials . It had kids that looked like Saved by the Bell type kids in the ads, all with the early 90s clothes and shit lol.

Does anybody else remember that?

Ahh..just looked it up...It was called

POP QWIZ!!!

Ah, fuck yea, i didnt make it up! i was starting to think i did lol.

This article abotu it is funny as hell, and includes the awesome 90s fashions:
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0860/

hahahaha yo, I just watched the commercial and it was like a fuckin memory flood, it all came back to me! the funniest thing is all the comments say shit like "wow, i thought i had dreamed this up and it wasnt real becuz nobody else remembered it" So i aint th eonly one, I truly thought i invented this in my own head becuz nobody i ever talk to remembers this shit. wow.

Last edited:
life_IMG_8054.jpg

I have such a happy story about this.

A kebab shop where I live, they used to have this lush chilli sauce. I was a full blown addict, eating there everyday. Then the place closed. Obviously I was devastated and had no clue what to do. I hated eating without the sauce, it just seemed ludicrous that there was this sauce out there SOMEWHERE but I wasn't having any :(

Luckily, they opened back up. Probably out of sympathy, I used to stand staring at the place nearly in tears after drunken nights out..

I have dragged everyone I have ever met to this place and made them try the sauce, they all love it!

same thing kinda happened with a kebab place where i went to college-- they had this delicious mayonaise flavored with kalamata olives-- theyre long gone now :\

same thing kinda happened with a kebab place where i went to college-- they had this delicious mayonaise flavored with kalamata olives-- theyre long gone now :\

My condolences :( You could perhaps try making some? when I was in chilli sauce withdrawal I did see a guy who worked there and I asked him for the recipe, but we were both fucked and so it didn't turn out that great. If you were to try sober tho I'm sure it could work out pretty well!

yea, i had the fruit stripe gum a few years ago. YIKES, STRIPES, FRUIT, STRIPES, GUM!! It was maddd dry, and lost its flavor REALLY fast but i just had to buy it when i saw it. They have little tattoos on the wrappers now , coool!

BTW, There used to be this popcorn that would pop in colors when you got it. I dont remember the name of it, only that it had little question marks on the package, i think. You would put it in the microwave, and when it came out, it would be blue or yelow or green or red or watever. I dont remember much about it except that it would be a suprise of wat color it would be and i always really, really wanted it when i was a kid but it was too expensive and we didnt have a microwave so I dont thnk i ever got to try it. I just remember the commercials . It had kids that looked like Saved by the Bell type kids in the ads, all with the early 90s clothes and shit lol.

Does anybody else remember that?

Ahh..just looked it up...It was called

POP QWIZ!!!

Ah, fuck yea, i didnt make it up! i was starting to think i did lol.

This article abotu it is funny as hell, and includes the awesome 90s fashions:
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0860/

hahahaha yo, I just watched the commercial and it was like a fuckin memory flood, it all came back to me! the funniest thing is all the comments say shit like "wow, i thought i had dreamed this up and it wasnt real becuz nobody else remembered it" So i aint th eonly one, I truly thought i invented this in my own head becuz nobody i ever talk to remembers this shit. wow.

I definitely remember this too! I also don't know if I ever had it, I feel like I wasn't a big fan of popcorn as a kid but now I like it way more. But TOTALLY remember it.

588qep7pYo2ntuaziFVyTJqNo1_400.jpg

these things were so cash

I fucking love these, they sell them in the multicultural section of the supermarket (Wegmans, for anyone who knows what that is, sells them in the Asian Foods section) but yeah, they are super awesome, and even though a bit expensive are totally worth grabbing every once in a while :) So, not discontinued and still alive and well <3

Ben & Jerry's Aloha Macadamia. I can't remember what years they had it, it was about 2004-2005 I believe. By far the best flavor of Ben & Jerry's they ever had. The Chocolate Macadamia one pales in comparison to that one. It would be awesome if they brought that flavor back.

[No drug talk in SO -fizzle] :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben & Jerry's Aloha Macadamia. I can't remember what years they had it, it was about 2004-2005 I believe. By far the best flavor of Ben & Jerry's they ever had. The Chocolate Macadamia one pales in comparison to that one. It would be awesome if they brought that flavor back.

My fiancee misses Kaberry Kaboom hardcore.

^
For the record, I've noticed that colored cereals have the same effect. :(

IMO (now, not a couple years ago 8)), we shouldn't be eating stuff that has that effect on us. Who knows what harm it's doing to our bodies. /off-topic health nut ramblings

Order placed! Wow, I did not expect to see these ever again...

Received my four-pack of Rice Krispies Treats Cereal today and couldn't be happier. I have distinct flashbacks of childhood in every bite.

Now, time to find some Sharkleberry Fin!