songs you feel in your bones

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
sometimes a song just speaks to you and you just feel it deep in you. like those words, the music, the feel, the vibe, is just speakin from inside of you from all the places u cant explain, like it defines you and your life at the moment in the most perfect way.

of course at different times, different songs speak to you in that way, it all depends on where u at in life at the time.

so this threads for namin wat those songs are and when was the time that they apply to. post a utube link if u want to the song, and PLEASE post (SOME) of the lyrics that especially had meaning to you. plz dont just post the whole lyrics--just include the relevant parts. and then tell us a lil bit about it. il start...

song - street life - by randy crawford (if you seen jackie brown, you mighta heard it-its on the soundtrack.)

LISTEN (do yourself a favor and listen--this track is just fuckin supreme, divine, and all that.)

"I play the street life, becuz theres no place I can go.
Street life, its the only life I know....

You let the people see, just who you wanna be
And every night you shine, just like a super star
That`s how the life is played a ten cent masquerade
You dress, you walk, you talk
You`re who you think you are

There`s always love for sale a grown-up fairytale
Prince charming always smiles behind a silver spoon....

Street life
You can run away from time
Street life
for a nickel or a dime....
Street life
Theres thousand parts to play
street life
Until you play your life away--OOOOHH!

This is one of the realest songs there is when it comes to really makin me FEEL. Back when I was deep into my dope life, pretty much lost to the world just locked inside a heroin hood life fantasy, out on the streets, out in the cold, nothin left but me and my addiction, i felt on some real emotional, 'me against the world', "this is all I got left, the streets is where i belong and ima never leave", that kinda tragic shit. Dope gets you feelin like your struggle is more than just that, like its this some kind of epic tragic story or some shit.

the lyrics pretty self explanatory, and i didnt post em all, but ill add a lil bit of my thoughts on em. My favorite favorite part is the part where it goes "you can get away from time for a nickel or a dime"...especially cuz the dope is 5 bucks a bag out here, so its cheap for the gettin, a cheap high for a cheap excuse for a life...

"prince charming always smiles behind the silver spoon" obviously a reference to coke and the whole party scene in the late 70s when the song came out, but for me that part and the "10 cent masquerade, youre who you think you are" part, it was just about the whole 'everthings all good' atmosphere when you partying, livin it up, gettin high just for fun, how its all good all fine no worries until the partys over, you tell yourself you fine, its all just right and you aint doin nothing unusual, you aint addicted, you aint slippin, and suddenly then you the one left in the cold shootin dope by yourself and everybody else moved on, the partys gone the fun is over and its just you--"street life-theres a thousand parts to play/street life--until you play your life away."

During those times, man this song it just went down deep inside to my core. Shit was so intense everytime i heard it. Every word felt like a pure truth that somehow got pulled out from inside of me where i couldnt express it and made this song. Not just the lyrics, but the music too--the melody and chord changes especially--and most of all , her voice. She got an incredible, amazing voice, and it seemed to be made of all the things I felt. the tone, the timber, the way she uses it, the emotion and soul in her voice, every little breath and phrasing and way she hit each note, just everything about it spoke to me, seemed to be tellin my story.

this is a fuckin amazing song, and it aint too many songs that gets me like that, hooks in deep into me. Its still truly wonderful now, but back when I was on the streets, nothin but a hood rat hidin in the shadows of the ghetto livin this life that i knew was killin me one day at a time, knowin it was just a passing, fleeting feeling that i was throwin away my whole life for, but still feelin like i was part of this grand drama, somethin bigger than it was somehow--this song just did something to me. It just seemed to tell so well the shit I was feeling and living. it made me want to sing along wailin my heart out and cry at the same time, it had so much emotion in it that applied to me and my situation at the time. and even these days, it still gives me goosbumps when i hear it. back then, when i was livin the "street life", the effect it had on me was somethin like a transformation.

Definately a song that deserves to be on the list of songs that make you really FEEL somethin.

^ Excellent song. Music becomes so much more profound when you can connect it with your life.

Neutral Milk Hotel - "Two Headed Boy pt. 2"

This song (the whole record, really) resonates with me in ways that I find hard to describe. I don't really know what any of it means, and I've spent years and years trying to figure it out, but the raw emotion that Jeff Mangum conveys in his songs makes me feel like he 'gets' me and I 'get' him. A ton of people feel the same way, which really speaks to his ability as a songwriter. Meanings behind songs can be subjective, but emotion is universal.

It would probably have to be a Smiths song. All of their songs are like little novels, wrapped up and executed perfectly. I don't know any other band that could make me want to so happily jump off a bridge.

morrissey-wilde.jpg

I think I'll have to go with Bigmouth Strikes Again, because it was the perfect, perfect song to explain my angst, terror, fear, and almost sexual love for violence I felt as a teenager. It was made for outcasts, for outcasts who loved books and Oscar Wilde and Saints and all of that other shit. It still makes my heart soar to this day.

Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking
When I said I'd like to smash every tooth
In your head

Oh ... sweetness, sweetness, I was only joking
When I said by rights you should be
Bludgeoned in your bed

And now I know how Joan of Arc felt
Now I know how Joan of Arc felt
As the flames rose to her roman nose
And her Walkman started to melt
Oh ...

Bigmouth, la ... bigmouth, la ...
Bigmouth strikes again
And I've got no right to take my place
With the Human race

i plan on getting some of these words tattooed on my body one day.

16_patti-smith-horses.jpg

another i would have to say is Rock and Roll N***** by Patti Smith. I first heard it when I was 13 or 14, and it felt like I was dropped in a big tub of ice cold water. Her poetry, the aggressive sexuality, it ruined me. It sounded like chanting, it sounded like a stampede. Especially the first few minutes, where it's just her speaking. The song really changed the way I felt about a lot of things, not just the 'N Word', what it meant, how it affected me, etc. Especially coming from this scrawny, sexless white woman who had given up a baby for adoption because she couldn't abort, etc. I am in AWE of Patti to this day, she is probably Jesus Christ incarnate and no one gives a shit.

a crazy and sleepy
Comanche lies beneath this netting of the skin.
I wake up. I am lying peacefully I am lying peacefully and my knees are open to the sun.
I desire him, and he is absolutely ready to seize me. In heart I am a Moslem; in heart I am an American;
In heart I am Moslem, in heart I'm an American artist, and I have no guilt.
I seek pleasure. I seek the nerves under your skin.
The narrow archway; the layers; the scroll of ancient lettuce.
We worship the flaw, the belly, the belly, the mole on the belly of an exquisite whore.
He spared the child and spoiled the rod. I have not sold myself to God!!

Baby was a black sheep. Baby was a whore.
You know she got big. Well, she's gonna get bigger.
Baby got a hand; got a finger on the trigger.
Baby, baby, baby is a rock-and-roll n*****.

Outside of society, that's where I want to be.
Outside of society, they're waitin' for me.

I know what you mean, and it's not even necessarily songs from your persona playlist. A lot of times a song that is unexpected, like one I recently heard on the radio in a waiting room, hit you even harder. This one had a very intense effect on my nervous system:

Sade: Soldier of Love

'Dance With Devil'- Immortal Technique

I once knew a nigga whose real name was William His primary concern, was making a million Being the illest hustler, that the world ever seen He used to fuck movie stars and sniff coke in his dreams A corrupted young mind, at the age of thirteen Nigga never had a father and his mom was a fiend She put the pipe down, but every year she was sober Her sons heart simultaneously grew colder He started hanging out selling bags in the projects Checking the young chicks, looking for hit and run prospects He was fascinated by material objects But he understood money never bought respect He build a reputation 'cause he could hustle and steal But got locked once and didn't hesitate to squeal So criminals he chilled with didn't think he was real You see me and niggas like this have never beenequal I don't project my insecurities at other people He fiended for props like addicts with pipes and needles So he felt he had to prove to everyone he was evil A feeble-minded young man with infinite potential The product of a ghetto breed capitalistic mental Coincidentally dropped out of school to sell weed Dancing with the devil, smoked until his eyes would bleed But he was sick of selling trees and gave in to his greed

[Hook] Everyone trying to be trife never face the consequences You probably only did a month for minor offences Ask a nigga doing life if he had another chance But then again there's always the wicked that knew in advance Dance forever with the devil on a cold cell block But that's what happens when you rape, murder and sell rock Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot

[Verse 2] So Billy started robbing niggas, anything he coulddo To get his respect back, in the eyes of his crew Starting fights over little shit, up on the block Stepped up to selling mothers and brothers the crack rock Working overtime for making money for the crack spot Hit the jackpot and wanted to move up to cocaine fulfilling the scarface fantasy stuck in his brain Tired of the block niggas treating him the same He wanted to be major like the cut throats and the thugs But when he tried to step to 'em, niggas showed him no love They told him any motherfucking coward can sell drugs Any bitch nigga with a gun, can bust slugs Any nigga with a red shirt can front like a blood Even Puffy smoked a motherfucker up in a club But only a real thug can stab someone till they die Standing in front of them, starring straight into their eyes Billy realized that these menwere well guarded And they wanted to test him, before business started Suggested raping a bitch to prove he was cold hearted So now he had a choice between going back to his life Or making money with made men, up in the cife His dreams about cars and ice, made him agree A hardcore nigga is all he ever wanted to be And so he met them Friday night at a quarter to three

[Hook]

[Verse 3] They drove around the projects slow while it was raining Smoking blunts, drinking and joking for entertainment Until they saw a woman on the street walking alone Three in the morning, coming back from work, on her way home And so they quietly got out the car and followed her Walking through the projects, the darkness swallowed her They wrapped her shirt around her head and knocked her onto the floor This is it kid now you got your chance to be raw So Billy oaked her up and grabbedthe chick by the hair And dragged her into a lobby that had nobody there She struggledhard but they forced her to go up the stairs They got to the roof and then held her down on the ground Screaming shut the fuck up and stop moving around The shirt covered her face, but she screamed and clawed So Billy stomped on the bitch, until he had broken her jaw The dirty bastards knew exactly what they were doing They kicked her until they cracked her ribs and she stopped moving Blood leaking through the cloth, she cried silently And then they all proceeded to rape her violently Billy was made to go first, but each of them took a turn Ripping her up, and choking her until her throat burned A broken jaw mumbled for guards but they weren't concerned When they were done and she was lying bloody, broken and bruised One of them niggas pulled out a brandnew twenty-two They told him that she was a witness of what she'd gone through And if he killedher he was guaranteed a spot in the crew He thought about it for a minute, she was practically dead And so he leaned over and put the gun right to her head

[Sample from "Survival of the Fittest" by Mobb Deep] I'm falling and I can't turn back I'm falling and I can't turn back

[Verse 4] Right before he pulled the trigger, and ended her life He thought about the cocaine with the platinum and ice And he felt strong standing along with his new brothers Cocked the gat to her head, and pulled back the shirt cover But what he saw made him start to cringe and stutter Cause he was starring into the eyes of his own mother She looked back at him and cried, cause he had forsaken her She criedmore painfully, than when they were raping her His whole world stopped, he couldn't even contemplate His corruption had successfully changed his fate And he remembered how his mom used to come home late Working hard for nothing, cause now what was he worth He turned away from the woman that had once given him birth And crying out to the sky cause he was lonely and scared But only the devil responded, cause god wasn't there And right then he knew what it was to be empty and cold And so he jumped off the roof and died with no soul They say death takes you to a better place but I doubt it After that they killed his mother, and never spoke about it And listen cause the story that I'm telling is true Cause I was there with Billy Jacobs and I raped his mom too And now the devil follows me everywhere that I go In fact I'm sure he's standing among one of you at my shows And every street cypher listening to little thugs flow He could be standing right next to you, and you wouldn't know The devil grows inside the hearts of the selfish and wicked White, brown, yellow and black colored is not restricted You have a self destructive destiny when your inflicted And you'll be one of gods children and fell from the top There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot So when the devil wants to dance with you, you better say never Because the dance with the devil might last you forever

Last edited:
'Methamphetamine'- Old Crow Medicine Show

Times they ain't like nothing they use to be
From Rocky Mount to northeast Tennessee
Where the river flows with a dusty coal disease
And the babies whine cause they can't find nothing to eat
But mama she ain't hungry no more
She's waiting for a knock on the trailer door

(Chorus)
It's gonna rock you like a hurricane
It's gonna rock you 'til you lose sleep
It's gonna rock you 'til you're out of a job
It's gonna rock you 'til you're out on the street
It's gonna rock you 'til you're down on your knees
It's gonna have you beggin' pretty please
It's gonna rock you like a hurricane
Methamphetamine

Don't need no PHD for a hundred dollar card
Just find a crooked cop and that doctor disregard
Cause when it's either the mine or the Kentucky National Guard
I'd rather sell him a line then be dieing in the coal yard
Now papa he ain't hungry no more
He's waiting for a knock on the trailer door

(Chorus)

Well it's a war out there and it's fought by poor white men
From the Plateau to the falls of the Cumberland
You better watch your back cause you just can't trust a friend
Cause the method man is gonna get you in the end
So listen to the whispering wind It sounds like a big storm rolling in

(Chorus)

'Violent Revolution'- Kreator

Society failed to tolerate me
And I have failed to tolerate society
Still I can't find what you adore
Inside I hear the echoes of an inner war
Nothing can take the horror from me
Your sick world the loss of all morality
My hate has grown as strong as my confusion
My only hope my only solution is a

Violent Revolution Violent Revolution, Violent Revolution
Reason for the people to destroy

I do not need a cause for my rage
I just despise the nature of the human race
When all I see is repulsion and hate
Violence becomes my only friend, my saving grace
When love is lost beyond your control
A pale shadow of lust can not enlight your soul
So keep your ice cold bitter illusions
I don't need your empty world my only solution is a

Violent Revolution Violent Revolution, Violent Revolution
Reason for the people to destroy

Beauty is no more it's all gone
And utopia will not come
Trust I can not feel, only pain
And my burning mind has gone insane

Eminem-When I'm Gone

And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice
Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel my pain
Just smile back
And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice
Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just smile back...

Thizzmachine, check out the original post if you missed it before--Please post more than just the lyrics. can you explain a lil somethin about these songs and why they mean so much to you, why they affect you so much?

Also, you aint gotta post the WHOLE lyrics. You can just post little pieces of it that you really feel. Nobody likes to read thru a long-ass page of lyrics, so lots of people wont even see the words that you are quotin. but when you just cut and paste exerpts of the lyrics, just the specific parts that really speak to you then people can read your post much easier instead of just skippin over it when they see a big ass wall of text of lyrics.

PS-aint no need to make 3 seperate posts.:) youll get the hang of how it works around here sooner or later, i see that you a new member so you aint quite figured out how we do here yet so im just offerin u some advice.

BTW kenickie, check ur pms

hope we get a lot more:)

and just a reminder yall dont just post the song, try and add on a lil bit of a description, of wat about it hits you so hard and why....that makes the thread much more interesting than just a bunch of links/lists of songs. we can have that in the 'wat you listening to' thread, so dont forget to add on a little somethin about why the song you are postin means so much to you and gives you such a strong reaction.

Thizzmachine, check out the original post if you missed it before--Please post more than just the lyrics. can you explain a lil somethin about these songs and why they mean so much to you, why they affect you so much?

Also, you aint gotta post the WHOLE lyrics. You can just post little pieces of it that you really feel. Nobody likes to read thru a long-ass page of lyrics, so lots of people wont even see the words that you are quotin. but when you just cut and paste exerpts of the lyrics, just the specific parts that really speak to you then people can read your post much easier instead of just skippin over it when they see a big ass wall of text of lyrics.

PS-aint no need to make 3 seperate posts.:) youll get the hang of how it works around here sooner or later, i see that you a new member so you aint quite figured out how we do here yet so im just offerin u some advice.

BTW kenickie, check ur pms

Oops, sorry about that. Sometimes I miss important text within a post lol.. I'm not that new, I had another screen name for a while but I abandoned it and made this one with a new email :) but I'm not as familiar with BL as most others on the site are.

Biggie-Suicidal Thoughts

All my life I been considered as the worst
Lyin' to my mother, even stealin' out her purse
Crime after crime, from drugs to extortion
I know my mother wished she got a fuckin' abortion
She don't even love me like she did when I was younger
Suckin' on her chest just to stop my fuckin' hunger
I wonder if I died, would tears come to her eyes?
Forgive me for my disrespect, forgive me for my lies

What those lyrics mean to me: Right now I am tired of living my so-called life... I was always seen as a burden and that no one loves me. Also that I'm just like my father. That's all I would/still hear. My mother did even tell me she wish she had an abortion and more than once. So if I ever do decide it's my time I figure I mine as well do it because the majority of the people who know me will not miss me. They also can finally feel how it's like without me....they can finally taste their words that they would heartlessly say all the time.

Hallelujiah - Rufus Wainright
Amazing Grace - Aaron Neville (prod. Daniel Lanois)
Most DMB songs pre Busted Stuff album
Dead Prez
Most all Radiohead Songs (Especially "Let Down"... from the first note 'til the end) "You and Whose Army," "National ANthem, "Electioneering," Too many to mention

The entire RATM self0titled album

A whole lot of Outkast stuff

Pink Floyd - "Shine On," "Astronomy Dominae," "One of These Days" (plus more)

"Betta Off Dead" by Onyx.... similar to the BIggie "Suicidal Thoughts"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyzezsdjeqM

Gravediggaz first album (especially "Graveyard CHamber"

Pretty much everything "Goodie Mob" especially "Inshallah"

BOb Marley and the Wailers, Peter Tosh

Killah priest's "B.I.B.L.E."

and the albums "Heavy Mental" and "The Offering"

Much Music hits me...

"Fuck tha Police"

Bone - "No Surrender"

Mad Tupac shiite

word

SUgar Minot

Yami Bolo - "Fighting for Peace"

Cilvaringz - "Death to America"

CNN - "Live on, Live Long" (Basically Noreaga before be became N.O.R.E.) with sick production from G-Money