songs you feel in your bones

Bone - No Surrender for me as well. probably one of my favorite songs ever from my favorite group around my way.

Unsurprisingly, or at least to those who're somewhat familiar with my tastes. A whole bunch of Mary Timony's songs deeply affect me. I often find comfort in her words during times of depression, cuz I know she suffers in much the same way. And probably uses her music to exorcise her inner demons. One which instantly comes to mind is: The Bell taken from her first album, Mountains. And Dungeon Dance (live) (also from Mountains). Alas, I could only find a live version of it, which irritatingly sounds like there's a gust of wind blowing throughout the entire thing. Nevertheless, the lyrics, coupled with it's simple yet rather beautiful melody reassure me. It's almost like she's playing chopsticks on the piano, but she turns it into something wonderful. I often think of her as the Sylvia Plath of the music world. <3

300253.jpg

LadyTron-Blue Geans

"your blue jeans wont come in the seem that you want them to"

ehm, im not being as vague as you might think.
the above is an important line, and relative to my OP-
the most important thing i can imagine, or what is needed
to those whom feel you are important to their lives.

squeeze into your place in life; listen to yourself -
if you cant sit there for an hour in silence alone you should for two.
bust-out and into-you

------

wow - im floored atm.
this song is descriptive of my compass in life, and i had no idea until hearing a couple keys, and looking for the lyrics... what i said is entirely of it true still, but, the essence, the source of inspiration... is utterly very drawing.

" straight lights that cut through the scene like you wanted to
(blue jeans)

soft larks that spend all of summer buying drinks for you
(blue jeans)

left hand that crashed through your house in the ice and snow
(blue jeans)

a face outside sleeping pressed against the bay window
(blue jeans)

you've been trying to protect me
an insect living in your memory
don't blue jeans won't cut at the seams like you want them to.

you won't need me to show the way now they're onto you
(blue jeans)

and I won't be phoning you today unless you want me to
(blue jeans)

you've been trying to protect me
an insect living in your memory
don't blue jeans won't cut at the seams like you want them to
"

constantly humbled is a good sign to me*
insect=beetle=Kheperi.
... beautiful-profound ...
... alluring-daunting ...
... weaving-woe in A Maze of Grace .

<3

Last edited:
SUgar Minot

Yami Bolo - "Fighting for Peace"

Cilvaringz - "Death to America"

CNN - "Live on, Live Long" (Basically Noreaga before be became N.O.R.E.) with sick production from G-Money

i think you might not quite be catchin the point of this thread....you should elaborate a lil bit in your posts and then maybe Ill know for sure if im wrong or im right about that.

The thread title aint just another way of saying "songs you really like" or "your favorite songs." When I say "feel", it aint in the way of like "im feelin it" like "im diggin it",its somethin else completely. Im talkin about specific songs, not just artists or general shit, but particular songs, particular words, lyrics, music in that song, that all put together is some epic shit that gives you a emotion seizure in your chest when you hear it cuz its so fuckin real to you and applies so much to your life and the spot you in.

The fact that you just listed off a whole gang of shit like that, and aint even listin songs but just entire artists and albums is makin me lean towards "somebody didnt read/understand the OP too good" .....;)

Songs that I can feel in my bones.....great thread idea!

Radiohead-Airbag.......Brings chills up my spine right from the start. The song is beautiful/futuristic/empathy inducing/ and reminds me of a certain time in my life where my mind was carefree and always positive.

Nirvana-Something in the Way....Brilliant song that evokes sadness from deep within. While it can bring me down sometimes, it helps me put my life in perspective with each listen.

Last edited:
Bigmouth Strikes Again by the Smiths is Def a good choice
Holland 1945-Neutral Milk Hotel
Fearless-Pink Floyd
Reckoner-Radiohead
Shield your Eyes-Jawbreaker
No Quarter -Led Zep
Obstacle 1-Interpol
Ok this ones slightly cheezy but great non the less; More than a Feelin, Boston

Metric monster hospital

Monster hospital
Can you please release me?
You hold my hands down...
I've been bad, I've been baad...

I fought the war I fought the war...
But the war won..

I pretty much lived it. Awesome song.

i think you might not quite be catchin the point of this thread....you should elaborate a lil bit in your posts and then maybe Ill know for sure if im wrong or im right about that.

The thread title aint just another way of saying "songs you really like" or "your favorite songs." When I say "feel", it aint in the way of like "im feelin it" like "im diggin it",its somethin else completely. Im talkin about specific songs, not just artists or general shit, but particular songs, particular words, lyrics, music in that song, that all put together is some epic shit that gives you a emotion seizure in your chest when you hear it cuz its so fuckin real to you and applies so much to your life and the spot you in.

The fact that you just listed off a whole gang of shit like that, and aint even listin songs but just entire artists and albums is makin me lean towards "somebody didnt read/understand the OP too good" .....;)

Aight--- Ill elaborate on the songs you questioned

Yami Bolo - "The Whole World Fighting for Peace"

"The whole world is fighting for peace. But there will be no more peace, until Jah has purged this land."

Cilvaringz - "Death to America" (Fuck the War) "We Want Peace"

This song is amazing.... just listen to it... it makes me feel like breaking out of my body... too much truth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLAv-ODyzxc

Capone-N-Noreaga - "Live on, Live Long"

This song makes me think of all the people who struggle, and the struggles I have been through and how much CNN meant to eachother... real brother shit

song - street life - by randy crawford (if you seen jackie brown, you mighta heard it-its on the soundtrack.)

LISTEN (do yourself a favor and listen--this track is just fuckin supreme, divine, and all that.)

There`s always love for sale a grown-up fairytale
Prince charming always smiles behind a silver spoon....

[/I]

"prince charming always smiles behind the silver spoon" obviously a reference to coke and the whole party scene in the late 70s when the song came out, but for me that part and the "10 cent masquerade, youre who you think you are" part, it was just about the whole 'everthings all good' atmosphere when you partying, livin it up, gettin high just for fun, how its all good all fine no worries until the partys over, you tell yourself you fine, its all just right and you aint doin nothing unusual, you aint addicted, you aint slippin, and suddenly then you the one left in the cold shootin dope by yourself and everybody else moved on, the partys gone the fun is over and its just you--"street life-theres a
thousand parts to play/street life--until you play your life away."

I gotta say a good song but lines

"There`s always love for sale a grown-up fairytale
Prince charming always smiles behind a silver spoon...."

are about prostitution ... ie "love for sale" or simply "sex for money"
and "prince charming" is a smooth talking PIMP who outlandish outfit resemble a medieval prince at times and his "silver spoon" is the money he has from pimping.

Also the line " you dress , you talk, you walk" further exemplify a prostitute because hookers dress up walk around and then talk to men and by talk I mean solicit johns for sex. Moreover, "masquerade ... superstar every night" she dress up all nice like she is going out to some place exciting and it looks so from an outsiders perspective but she is really the opposite because she is a prostitute; thus, masquerading. However, there are many drugs reference and masquerading can also be seen as drug reference . That she is under the influence and numbing her emotions from what is going on. Basically this song seems to be a a drug addicted prostitute . the" nickel ,dime " is def about drugs and so are many other references. Anyways, that is what I believe the artist mean by the lyrics to her self, but can be interpreted otherwise..

However, most of what you said is spot on because it really is a song about any struggle but she tells it through a specific struggle and since there are so many similarities between a variety of struggles there are practically one in the same.

As a joke look at the similarities between the pimp and prince below.. The necklace.. the crown.. the fur collar...the outlandish outfit
Pimp.jpg

340x.jpg

here is a cool song about about.. actually princes... a lil bit atleast....
The Kinks- Living on a thin line
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvdBrbJnve8

Also another favorite of mine a song young men ruined by and ruing prostitutes. this song as about a real whore house called the rising sun....

the animals- House on the rising sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Iy2lYvNKs&feature=fvst

and one more song ... I think everyone kinda knows this one . Dis bout dem streetz

Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3mAX5xdxo

Last edited:
I gotta say a good song but lines

"There`s always love for sale a grown-up fairytale
Prince charming always smiles behind a silver spoon...."

are about prostitution ... ie "love for sale" or simply "sex for money"
and "prince charming" is a smooth talking PIMP who outlandish outfit resemble a medieval prince at times and his "silver spoon" is the money he has from pimping.

Also the line " you dress , you talk, you walk" further exemplify a prostitute because hookers dress up walk around and then talk to men and by talk I mean solicit johns for sex. Moreover, "masquerade ... superstar every night" she dress up all nice like she is going out to some place exciting and it looks so from an outsiders perspective but she is really the opposite because she is a prostitute; thus, masquerading. However, there are many drugs reference and masquerading can also be seen as drug reference . That she is under the influence and numbing her emotions from what is going on. Basically this song seems to be a a drug addicted prostitute . the" nickel ,dime " is def about drugs and so are many other references. Anyways, that is what I believe the artist mean by the lyrics to her self, but can be interpreted otherwise..

However, most of what you said is spot on because it really is a song about any struggle but she tells it through a specific struggle and since there are so many similarities between a variety of struggles there are practically one in the same.

As a joke look at the similarities between the pimp and prince below.. The necklace.. the crown.. the fur collar...the outlandish outfit
Pimp.jpg

340x.jpg

here is a cool song about about.. actually princes... a lil bit atleast....
The Kinks- Living on a thin line
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvdBrbJnve8

Also another favorite of mine a song young men ruined by and ruing prostitutes. this song as about a real whore house called the rising sun....

the animals- House on the rising sun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Iy2lYvNKs&feature=fvst

and one more song ... I think everyone kinda knows this one . Dis bout dem streetz

Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3mAX5xdxo

Yea, I aint sayin nobody right or wrong, Im just talkin about the shit it means to me.

The lyrics you said could fit either way. I see it as a description of that whole "studio 54 era". you dress you walk you talk, you who you think you are, bein the people who go out, get all dolled up and go out to the club and do all the wild crazy shit, all glammed out and shit, sniffin coke and dope and pretendin they are hollywood moviestars for a night, livin in this "alter ego" role of the person they are when they all high and the lights are flashin and they all dressed up in their very best to see and be seen and that whole lifestyle. the 10 cent masquerade bein about how cheap it all really is, about how all these people in the life livin it up are really when it comes down to it, goin home to be by themselves and it aint at all glamorous--how it seems so great when you high, but really its just a cheap facade. And the loneliness of the people who were takin the party home, you know, not just the coke in the VIP section but back in their bedrooms shootin up dope...

And the prince charming line, the "silver spoon" in particular i see as a reference to coke--in the 70s and 80s, the party folks and people who was really into that disco/club scene, lots of them had special little silver spoons they used just for scoopin coke. it was kinda like a status symbol to be doin the drug and to have this silver spoon just for that use. so thats wat it made me think of.

the thing is the shit you said about it makes perfect sense too. I think both of em fit so good that you really cant say its definitely one or the other, but i like both of em.

And lookin at em from both sides makes it even better to me, even more real. whether its just about that drug life and how its so fake, and the empty world you live in when you involved in all that just runnin from your pain , or bein a drug addicted prostitute, watever, the meaning is still a great one and lookin at it from either perspective kinda makes it even better that you can interpret it either way but the meaning and the emotion of it still stays the same.

thanks for your post yo, i appreciate u readin my whole long post and sharin u ideas on it, good looks.:)

I think that song you posted Kadijah is awesome. Thank you for showing me that.
And they sy in the song "there's a 1000 parts to play....till you play your life away."
So while I think they're definitely talking about prostitutes, they are talking about all other forms of street creatures as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT-UudncdEU
The Jimi Hendrix version is better than the Bob Dylan one. There's some proof. I always envision his guitar as a prophet of equal brilliance as Bob Dylan and when Jimi Hendrix gets both the lyrics and the guitar riffs going it's just an unstoppable combination.

And if we want to get a piece of Hendrix's original lyrics and writing here's one of his masterpieces:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGqPzrNypzw
Bold As Love

It's a song about emotions running wild.

Yea, I aint sayin nobody right or wrong, Im just talkin about the shit it means to me.

The lyrics you said could fit either way. I see it as a description of that whole "studio 54 era". you dress you walk you talk, you who you think you are, bein the people who go out, get all dolled up and go out to the club and do all the wild crazy shit, all glammed out and shit, sniffin coke and dope and pretendin they are hollywood moviestars for a night, livin in this "alter ego" role of the person they are when they all high and the lights are flashin and they all dressed up in their very best to see and be seen and that whole lifestyle. the 10 cent masquerade bein about how cheap it all really is, about how all these people in the life livin it up are really when it comes down to it, goin home to be by themselves and it aint at all glamorous--how it seems so great when you high, but really its just a cheap facade. And the loneliness of the people who were takin the party home, you know, not just the coke in the VIP section but back in their bedrooms shootin up dope...

And the prince charming line, the "silver spoon" in particular i see as a reference to coke--in the 70s and 80s, the party folks and people who was really into that disco/club scene, lots of them had special little silver spoons they used just for scoopin coke. it was kinda like a status symbol to be doin the drug and to have this silver spoon just for that use. so thats wat it made me think of.

the thing is the shit you said about it makes perfect sense too. I think both of em fit so good that you really cant say its definitely one or the other, but i like both of em.

And lookin at em from both sides makes it even better to me, even more real. whether its just about that drug life and how its so fake, and the empty world you live in when you involved in all that just runnin from your pain , or bein a drug addicted prostitute, watever, the meaning is still a great one and lookin at it from either perspective kinda makes it even better that you can interpret it either way but the meaning and the emotion of it still stays the same.

thanks for your post yo, i appreciate u readin my whole long post and sharin u ideas on it, good looks.:)

Yea, I completely agree and I also ain't saying that either one is right or wrong-- It seems like the are both right because the essence of it applicable to most struggles within that dimension of life: the criminal, alternative, underground or taboo life. I completely see your interpretation of the song too, I like it a lot and completely agree with it also. With that being said having both interpretation does increase the depth of the song. And having multiple interpretation has it own interpretation about perspective and change and that nothing is set in stone. Hence, it seems like having the ability to have many interpretation allows the writer to say things can change and people experience different types of struggles with the same difficulties . Ultimately . saying even thought people are going through different struggles they are going through the same journey and experience; thus, no one is ever alone and there is hope it's just the circumstances are little a different

Furthermore, you, consequently(maybe even inadvertently?) , brought up a good point that songs or other art forms have many interpretation: One being the authors point-of-view. The second being the a readers/listener point of view . The third being the general ability to be applicable to a variety of elements that have the same"journey." Fourth, the emotional interpretation and the similarities it has with a particular event , journey or struggle in ones life and; lastly, the summation of all these interpretation which reveals the purpose, reason and connection to piece of art. Thus, resulting in the increased love of a song, for some , or me at least.

Fuck yea on the thesis paper on Street Life by DeeSUHAL yo. :D

coffeedrinker too--Glad yall feel me on that song. Always feels good when you share a deep feeling like that and people are on the level with you and can understand the shit you talkin about, so good looks yall.

RZA - A DAY TO GOD IS 1,000 YEARS
what can i say?!? again, as your blue jeans... try them on.
there is nothing i can say about these lyrics except to take the action and time to gain the understanding you need to fulfill your destiny in life.

they speak of action//

what else you got to do.?

"Yo, the pen is mightier than the sword, as I face my worldly challenge
In the scale of justice and my heart remains balanced and neutral
My respect for all men is mutual
As my thoughts surpass a level to which you devils compute to
You've been given the chance to hear the true and living
So do the knowledge, son, before you do the wisdom
So you can understand, how the thunder and
Lighting above your head is caused by the Son of Man
We experimentin' with high explosions
That cause the place to quake and the surface erosions
The earth produce lava like the mouth produce saliva
This wisdom goes deeper than your scuba diver
In search for the pearl jewels sold to Tiffany
My verbal heart symphony will strike the epiphany
Insight, ignite, and then men might, see love and hell
Hell and right, then excel, to be masters of your circumference
First, by obtainin' mastery of your common sense
This supreme wisdom clears a man's vision
You can see it through the lies and the fantism
Of the equivocal, two-faced political individual
Who's only out for residual, fabricatin' lies
To eradicate the wise
But we come to civilize and gravitate to the skies
Of the heavenly celestial sphere
Trust me, son, it's there, in between your ears

A day to God is a thousand years
Men walk around with a thousand fears
The true joy of love bring a thousand tears
In the world of desire, there's a thousand snares"

okay - will do then

<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4hVdG-Ikrg&feature=related
Candy by Martin Sexton
It's like...hmmm...This one that I never get bored from. I guess it's about drug addict girl and the dude who loves her.
I like the line "Don't usually get emotional, don't usually show my veins, only when I sing or when I make a new track. Sweatin's just a mean way to show me where I am, and it tells me where I need to be" idk enjoy